8. Enough

1319 Words
It takes 5 servants about 20 minutes to get me clean. Tre and Dipak are cleaned up and in my sitting room. "Did you miss the dining room part of Mary's directing?" "We wanted to wait on you." "I will be falling asleep there. I would like to wake up in my bed. I can barely keep my eyes open." I open the door and step straight into Kane. "Why are you outside my door Kane?" "I couldn't sleep." "So you are just outside my door?" "No, I was going to watch the fish. I was going by." "Are you hungry too?" "A little." "We are eating in the dining room right now." "Ok." Mom and dad are sitting in the dining room when we get there. "I swear if you 2 did anything to this dining room. I am not eating in the castle anymore." Mom laughs. "We got informed the dining room opened back up and wanted to see why." "We just got out of surgery." Daddy's shocked. "Now?" "Yes." I sit down on a chair in the middle of the table. "I'll cancel the morning meeting for you. Sleep late and eat lunch before you come." Mom and dad walk out together. Tre and Dipak each sit on one side of me. Kane goes around and sits across from me. "Are you still my slave?" "Yes." "What am I supposed to do with you?" Tre slams his head on the table and sighs. "What do you want to do?" "No, what do you want me to do?" "No, you tell me what to do." "But what do you want to do?" "Whatever you want me to do." "NO!" Mary runs in. "We are not having that conversation right now. Pick something else, little miss. It is to late for that hour long disaster. I'll get the food out." Tre picks his head up. "Thank you, Mary." "Fine. Is the room nice enough for you? Do you need anything? Are people being nice to you? Any complaints?" "Everything is perfect." "Do you have enough clothes?" "Yes." "I can go shopping if not." "My clothes are fine." "Did they give you enough servants?" All 3 of them laugh for a minute. "Yes, they gave me plenty, thank you." "Why did you get tears in your eyes when I told you to sit for dinner that day?" The servants set the food down. "I wondered when you would ask." He shrugs his shoulders. "Slaves are not treated this nicely. They sleep in the dirt. They don't get food at all. They are expected to watch their owners eat. Owners can be downright cruel. When you told me to sit and eat, I haven't sat and ate with people at a table in many years. It was emotional. I felt like I was being treated like a human being again." "Why didn't you leave that life? You could have used dragon power and walked away. Why stay and let them torture you?" "I lost my kingdom. I lost everything. All of my people. Most of them died because of the decisions I made. I felt like I deserved to be tortured. I deserved the pain I got. I was trying to pay for their lives. I was supposed to protect them. You know? I failed." "Are you done paying now?" "Yes." "Good." I go back to my food. He smirks at me. "What?" "There is one hell of a powerful queen in you. I see exactly why those 2 are at your sides." "Yea, I know a strong dragon." "No. You are the queen. Not that dragon. I have seen a lot of kings and queens that can't get anything right. They mess up people's lives. They command stupid s**t. They make no sense at all. But not you." He takes a drink. "You command people with you. You say it and people listen. You don't need dragon power at all. You didn't even have dragon power and you took control of the entire table today. You had everyone's attention. That dragon will help you beat people up if you need to. But it's you that's the queen." "I guess I never thought about it like that." He nods and goes back to his food. "So how long are you staying?" "How long do you want me to stay?" "No I mean" "NO." Tre shakes his head. "Eat more." I start eating more of my food and my eyes get so heavy. I hear Kane say, "She is going to fall you 2." I wake up in my bed alone. It's nearly lunch. I am naked. I hear Dipak in the bath. I smile and roam to him. "Good morning sir." "Good morning sweetheart. I was trying to be quiet and let you sleep some more. Come here. I'm all clean. Let me wash you." He washes my hair and oils it. He's being so gentle this morning. I give him a kiss. "So what do you think about this 2 mate thing sweetheart?" I stop moving and stare at him. I can't believe he's asking me this. "It's only us here. I want to know what you are thinking. That's all." He washes my body while I talk. I take a deep breath. What am I thinking? "I love you. I could never imagine having someone else in my bed. I don't want to sleep without you. I feel like anything I do with him would be cheating on you. I don't want to ever hurt you. I want to be with you. I'm yours. How am I supposed to fit someone else in that? What would I even do with him? Where would he go? I don't understand." He rubs my hair. "I know it's a lot." "What do you think about it?" "I think you are going to belong to both of us. We're both going to take care of you. A lot of the stuff will sort itself out as we go." This answer makes me very angry. I sit up and stare at him. It turns to a glare. "What's wrong?" I get out of the bath and dry my body off. "Why are you mad?" "I don't even know. I need time to process this. MARY." I throw a nurse dress and underwear on. "Sweetheart, what upset you?" "MARY." I run out in the hallway with no shoes and soaking wet hair that isn't combed. "MARY." I get half way down the hallway and Dipak is in the hallway now chasing me. He's got wet hair too but he's all dressed with shoes and everything. Tre opens his door. "GET NAKED." I push him back into his place. Dipak is right behind me. "What are you doing? Why are you mad?" Mary runs in with two swords. Tre rubs his eyes. "Thanks for the swords, Mary." Kane roams by and leans on the door frame watching. Dipak looks at Mary. "She's mad." "We all see that, Dipak. What did you do?" "HE SAID HE DOESN'T CARE IF I CHEAT ON HIM. MY WHOLE LIFE THESE TWO HAVE BEEN TELLING ME TO STAY AWAY FROM MEN. AND NOW THAT HE HAS ME, HE DOESN'T CARE." Dipak sits down on Tre's couch. "That's not what I said." He rubs his eyes. "YOU WANT TO GO AND DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH WHOEVER YOU WANT BECAUSE I'M NOT ENOUGH." "WOMAN, YOU ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH. YOUR ENOUGH FOR LIKE 10 PEOPLE." "OH AND WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" Tre looks at Dipak. "Stop." "MARY GET ME THAT PRINCE! I'M GONNA TRY AGAIN." Kane moves out of my way as I storm out. Omar and Momma come running in the hallway. "What is going on, my baby?" "I'M SINGLE MOMMA." I go to my place again. I hear her say, "Which one of you did it this time?"
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD