9. 21 Minutes

1373 Words
I slam the door behind me. Need to do my hair. I get it combed and rolled. Kane, Omar, and Mary are in my sitting room, when I get it done. I grab my stool and slam it down in the middle of the room. Then I sit on it as mad as I can and cross my arms. Kane raises his eyebrows and Mary gets up and works on it. "What did he say, little miss? Exactly." "I DON'T REMEMBER." "Try." "He asked me how I felt about the 2 mate idea. I told him I couldn't imagine having anyone other than him. I love him. I don't want to cheat on him. I'm all his. Stuff like that. Then he says I will belong to both of them. They are both going to take care of me. It's like he was defending Tre and not me. Like it's ok if I cheat on him. How am I supposed to have 2? Where do they go? Who do I sleep with? And I mean that literally, who do I sleep with and who gets to sleep alone at night? It doesn't seem right that one of them has to sleep without their mate. And s*x too. How would keep up with another one. I can barely keep up with Dipak. So yea, he probably just wants me to have s*x with Tre so he can go do whoever he wants all the time and not feel guilty about it." I kick my stool leg and breaks and I fall straight onto my ass. I pick myself up off the ground. "I need a new stool, Mary." "Yea, I can order that." Omar nods. "So, instead of dealing with any of this, you are going to be single now?" "Yes Omar. I'm single now. This is much easier." Kane smirks. "You know if you're single. You don't get to have s*x with anyone." I give him a dirty look. Omar laughs. "Or get to be warm at night." I shake my head. I do get cold a lot. Mary raises her eyebrows. "No one to take a bath with." "I do like the oil." They all laugh. Mary shakes her head. "I'm going to go tell the boys they are not single, and I hope they enjoyed the last 17 minutes of being single." "No. I really can't do it. It's to much. I don't understand what to do with them. At all. It's not fair that every time I pick one to do something with the other just gets to be lonely. Nothing is fair here. It's better if I don't pick either." Omar sits up. "Well, that will just make you lonely. And them." "There is other people in the world, Omar." "Not when it comes to the mate bond there isn't." Momma comes out of the kitchen. "You're actually very lucky. You have two that you will be in love with and will be completely in love with you. They eventually will not get jealous of each other. That's something they will have to learn, but they are both trying. They understand a bit more than you. They had to go through a lot of meetings while you were unconscious." Kane and Omar both groan a bit. Kane stretches his neck. "So many meetings about how it will happen and how it's supposed to work. And what they are supposed to do. And they each have their roles. It was horrible." He lets his head fall on the back of the couch. Omar gives him a dirty look. "They were helpful. This is new to everyone and a lot of information was given. Why not, instead of you trying to control everything. You let them try. Let them show you what they are comfortable with. Let them take the lead for awhile instead of everyone tip toeing around you. Let them show you what they learned." I shrug my shoulders. "Try it, Nadine. They are not going to force you into anything. You have to remember they both only want to make you happy." "Fine." Omar nods at Mary. "Mary, they have been single for 21 minutes now. That is entirely to long for men. Let them know they are taken again please." "Of course sir." She leaves my place laughing. Momma shakes her head. "That is to long. They are probably drunk on the roof crying together by now." "No Dipaks is probably still trying to figure out how to dry his hair without all my stuff." We all start laughing. "I'm going to the medical area. I have a lot of paperwork to do from last night. If someone locates the baby, can you please bring her up, so I can do her exam?" "I'll let Asa know you need to see her." "Thank you momma." I check on the patients and when I walk out of the rib wood mans room, Tre is standing at the desk. I give him a dirty look because I don't know what else to do. "I brought you some lunch. That's all." He points to some food on the desk. "Thank you." "You're welcome." Dorseti busts out laughing. "That was so formal. You two should add your titles to it too." I laugh a little bit. "Thank you Advisor Tre." "My pleasure Vampire Queen Hypatia." He winks at me. Dorseti about falls out of the chair laughing. Then I bust out laughing. He starts laughing watching us. We both hear the door open and try to pull it together. I wipe the tears away quick and look up to see who it is. It's Asa walking in with the baby. "You're going to need another babysitter for a couple of hours, Nadine. I told your mother I would run to the market with her. I'll take her back after that though. She is the most adorable thing ever." "No problem at all. Thank you so much for helping so quickly last night and for continuing to help. We are still short-staffed here. You have no idea how much you are helping us. We all really appreciate it." "It's no problem at all. I love babies. How long are the parents out for?" "I don't know who the dad is. But the mom will be out for 6 or 7 days. If she even makes it. The men she was traveling with will be out for 5 or 6. I don't know past that." "It's not a problem. Between all of us, we will figure it out, and I'll probably keep her the whole time. She is the best baby ever." She smiles at Tre standing there. "Why are you here?" "I brought her some lunch." "Oh. Well I gave her a baby. I win." Asa smiles at both of us laughing. "I'm off to the market. See you both later." "Bye Asa have fun." "Bye mom." "Dorseti, are Vitchen and Elkie back yet?" Me and Dorseti are both picking out of the food Tre brought. "Not until tomorrow." "Is Cruor back yet?" "He should be back in 3 hours." I stop and stare at Dorseti. "It's only the 2 of us here?" She looks at me with the baby and smiles. Tre is just watching this happen. "Yep." She keeps smiling for a second then she freaks out and jumps up. "OH NO." "WITH A BABY?" I yell at her. Tre looks at us both. "What?" The door flies in. "DOCTOR HE WENT OVER THE CLIFF." I stand there in complete shock. "Oh fuck." Dorseti stares at them running in the door. I stare at the baby. "What do we do, Dorseti?" "Give the baby to Tre. You take the patient. I will assist." I hand the baby to Tre. "Take her to the meeting. She's a good baby. Bring her back in an hour. I still have to do her exam. You brought me lunch, so I gave you a baby. That seems ok." Him and Dorseti bust out laughing. "Don't say that to anyone, Tre. That does not seem ok. You are babysitting. 1 hour bring her back." She throws a veil on my head and off we go.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD