12. Werewolf Attack

2208 Words
I wake up in my bed with Thora again. I get up and take a bath. I get all dry and throw on a nurse dress. I roll my hair and Thora finally wakes up. "I kissed someone last night. Frode's going to be mad." "We were really drunk. Tell him you forgot how to use your hands to break a neck temporarily." "I pretty much did." We both laugh and go to the sitting room. This time they have Kane with them too. Dipak smiles. "You have fun?" "The dancing was fun." Thora sits by me on the couch. "Yea, the dancing was fun. I don't think we should combine the 2 anymore. It's to hard to kill when we're drinking. We get dumb and panic a lot easier." "Yes we do." Dipak smiles. "You two can either go out for dancing or killing. But not both at the same time. That work for you?" We both nod. Frode stands up. "Now me and you need to go have a conversation." He picks up Thora and carries her out. I look at the 3 of them still sitting there. "I don't have to have any conversations do I?" They all laugh and shake their heads. I give a sigh of relief. "Dipak, can you finish my hair please? I have a lot of paperwork to catch up on. And I'm going to need like a million medical assist forms filled out from you 2 now. I'll get that all sorted and get them to you." Tre smiles. "Cruor gave them to us already. We have to fill them out now." "Nice. I still have to do my stuff." I get my stool out and sit in the middle of the floor on it. Dipak dries my hair. "I heard you got kissed last night." "You guys said, I didn't have to have any conversations." He smirks. "What happened?" "We went in and he kissed me. Super fast. He was right in my face." "What did you do?" "I stood there frozen in place with my lips sealed shut. I didn't know what else to do. Like Thora said, dumb and panicky." "And what happened with the other one?" I shudder and hug my arms together. "What happened?" "He didn't go after my face. I panicked again. I tried to get away, but he pulled me back. Tre killed him fast." "I know you were drunk, but I've seen you panic before sober too." He moves and stands in front of me. He grabs my thighs. "You can grab a man by his head and snap his neck with these too. I know it's not ideal, but it's better than panicking. Panicking will get you hurt or killed, sweetheart. Use your body to kill. It doesn't have to be your hands." "I hope I never have to try that." He kisses the top of my head. "Your hair is done. You can go to work." "So bouncy. Thank you sir. See you all later." Dipak pulls me towards him and gives me a real kiss. "I'll bring the forms up at lunch." "Thank you. I will see you then." I go to my office and finish all my paperwork. I work right through lunch. I guess Dipak got busy. I'm about to leave when there is a knock on the door. "Enter." Tre comes in with a bunch of papers. "I brought them all. I have Dipak's too. We got held up in a meeting, and he is still stuck in his office. Said he probably won't see you till dinner." "Oh you both have them all done. Thank you so much. I will get these all filed. I finished mine too." I start putting the papers in the right folders. He leans on my desk. "What do you do with them?" "I keep them with the original files. Then should something come up later. Everything is all together. Kind of like when Dipak and I had that being. It makes everything convenient." I get them filed, and he's still standing there. "Did you need something else?" "Did you eat?" "No, I was trying to get all the paperwork done." "You didn't eat breakfast either." "I didn't wake up in time for it." "I'm going to eat lunch with you. You can't not eat." I'm getting kind of aggravated here. "Did you eat?" "No, I was in the meeting." I shake my head. "People forget, it happens. You didn't eat either." The servants bring in food and put it on my desk. He pulls a chair up and starts eating. I pout for a second then get some food too. "Thought you were going to be stubborn for longer than that." "Well I'm actually hungry." "How are all the patients doing?" "Really good. Everyone is going to make it. Even the babies momma. How come your mom never had any more kids? She really seems to love them." "She does love them but could not stand being pregnant. Said she never wanted to do that again." "A lot of people say that. I guess 20 years is a long time. But then you get a perfect little cooing smiling baby. I think it's worth it." He smiles. "How many do you want for real?" "19 or 40." He chokes a bit. "Oh you were serious?" "How many do you want?" "I don't know but can we take that 40 off there? That is a lot." "I guess 19 or like 22 ish." "That's at least a little less scary." "Why is it scary at all?" "40 of you? Never be able to walk into any room without ducking. There would be flying objects everywhere." We both bust out laughing. I watch him. I miss him a lot. I love his laugh and he looks good sitting there smiling. I like making him smile. He cleans up all the food and bowls. He opens the door and hands them to a very confused guard. He shuts my door and I laugh again. "What?" "You always confuse the guards." "It's just some bowls he can find a servant to give them too." He wraps his arms around me and gives me a hug. I stiffen up for a second but then I hug him too. I do love his arms and he is warm. "Thank you for having lunch with me." I hug him tighter. "Thank you for reminding me lunch exists." He opens the door and leads me out with his arm around me. Vitchen and Elkie are sitting there with Mary. "I am glad you 2 are back." Vitchen starts laughing. "Yea we can tell you and Dorseti got your assed kicked. We left with pretty much no patients and came back to a full wing." He leans and whispers in my ear. "I'm going to go back now. Thank you for eating with me." "Thank you sir." I turn and kiss him right on his lips. Not a real kiss, a little one. He kisses me right back and wraps his arms around me. It shocks me. "I'm sorry I don't know where that came from." He shakes his head. Then he kisses me a couple more times like that. He lays his forehead on mine. "Don't be sorry. I loved that." He tilts my chin up with his hand and gives me one more little kiss. "I need to go before I'm stuck here all day doing this." I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. I give him a big hug. "Have fun at work sir." I give him one more little kiss on the lips. Then he lets me go. He stands still though. I kind of have to push him a bit to make him go. He makes an "Ughh" noise. "Fine I'm going. See you at dinner." He turns and walks away smiling. I let my hand run all the way down his back. Damn I miss touching him. Right after he leaves, someone walks in. Vitchen runs over and takes him into a room. I sit down at the desk. I don't know where Cruor is. Vitchen comes back after a few minutes. "It's a werewolf bite. I cleaned it out already. You need the antidote." "Thank you Vitchen. I'm glad you are back." Mary gives me a weird look. "You should notify the king." "I'll wait and see what he says happened. It might be nothing." She nods and Elkie hands me the antidote. "Thank you Elkie, I'm glad you are back." They all start laughing. The patient seems a little worn out. "I'm Dr. Nadia. I heard you have a werewolf bite. I need to check it and shoot the antidote. What happened?" "Me and some friends were playing a little game. We were betting money. Things got out of hand when the werewolf lost his money." "Was this the only injury?" "Yes ma'am." I shoot in the antidote. "You are all set. It should heal quickly now. If it's still red or pink in 2 hours come back and I will put some more in Ok?" "Yes ma'am thank you." I finish the paperwork as he leaves. That was an easy patient. Mary is sitting at the desk. "Did you send him to the kings office?" "Of course not. It was a gambling problem. You know how boys are." "I have a bad feeling. I think he was lying. You should have the guard grab him." The guard looks at me. "No it's fine. He can go." Mary gets mad and starts yelling. I blow it off and go back to my office. She chases me in there. "MARY GO. IT IS FINE." She goes out and slams the door. Then I hear her yell again and she is getting closer. I think she grabbed a damn sword. I don't have one in here. I run through the bookshelf as fast as I can. It only takes me 1 second to know where I'm going. Dipaks old office. No one should be in there. I can hide. Maybe even take a nap. I'm kind of sleepy. I go into his office backwards watching behind me and trip over something. I fall right on my ass. "OUCH. Why do I always hurt my butt?" I shut the shelf behind me. Dipak, Tre, Gunner and Kane are at the conference table. "Hi guys. Hiding from Mary. I thought it would be empty here. I'll use the door to leave." I get almost to the door and turn around. "Can I have a sword please? She's kind of mad." Dipak puts an eyebrow up. "Why is she mad?" "Oh she has a gut feeling about a patient and I didn't listen to her. I'm the doctor. Not her." "HYPATIA NADINE SANDU." "f**k SWORD NOW DIPAK. She has both mine." He hands me his sword. Right as she comes through the door swinging my sword. She swings at me and I block it. She spins and tries again. I block it again. "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?" "YOU SHOULD HAVE NOTIFIED THE KING." "NO I SHOULDN'T HAVE." I swing back at her and she blocks it. "I HAVE A BAD FEELING." She swings. I miss the block. I fall on my ass. I jump up. "IF I SENT EVERYONE TO DIPAK THAT YOU HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT, THERE WOULD BE A LINE FROM HIS OFFICE OUT THE FRONT DOOR." I swing at her and she blocks it. I hear the boys chuckling. "HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED ABOUT IT." "YOU SEE HOW BOYS PLAY TOGETHER ALL THE TIME. IT WAS JUST A GAME THAT GOT EMOTIONAL." "IT WAS A WEREWOLF ATTACK. WE HAVEN'T HAD ONE IN FOREVER. YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD THE KING." The boys all jump up. Dipak stares at me. "Where's the paperwork? Is he still here?" MARY YELLS. "SHE LET HIM GO." Gunner takes off. Dipak yells, "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?" I throw the sword on the table. I need help. "DADDY." Daddy comes flying in the office with Dracul right behind him. I run to him crying, "Daddy, they are mean." Daddy's eyes go red and he glares at the boys. "Why is my princess crying?" They're all stunned stupid. "What happened, my princess?" "Boys were playing a stupid game with gambling and 1 of them lost money and attacked the other one. I had to fix him in the medical area. They're all mad, I didn't tell on him." I start to cry harder and daddy hugs me. "This sounds silly my princess. I'm sure you made the right decision. You're the doctor." I wipe the tears away and give him a big hug. Dracul rolls his eyes. "And now for the other side of the story?" He points to Dipak. "It was a werewolf attack." All the boys run out. Even daddy. I am left standing there with Mary. "Told you, you should have notified the king." "It was a friendly game gone wrong. You see how boys play." "But a werewolf attack is different." "No it's not. They are still boys." She shrugs her shoulders, and we head back to the medical area.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD