20. Big Fish

2317 Words
The next morning, Prinna wakes me up before the sun comes up. We sit on the beach and talk about Dipak and his brothers growing up. They sound like an amazing family. We watch the sun come up over the water. It really is beautiful. "It was always my favorite to watch the sunrises over the water. I don't know how early you normally wake up. But I wanted you to see at least one." "It is beautiful. Definitely don't see this everyday. I'm glad I got to see it." I point. "A big fish is jumping." "Yes, the fish love to play this early. Sometimes you can swim with them. Let's try." I sit there stunned stupid while she gets up. Then I realize she's serious. I jump up and run to catch up with her. "On this side of the island the water is much rougher. I love it. It's throwing me everywhere. The waves are big." "Yes lots of exciting things on this side." A big fish that is nearly as big as she is swims up, and she touches its nose. I start jumping up and down and jump for the fish. It jumps a little bit too. I think I scared it. I give it a funny look and it tilts its head at me. I hold my hand out, and it swims up and touches my hand. Another one comes up behind me and pokes me in the butt cheek. I jump about half a mile. Then it starts making noise. "I think it is laughing at me." "Yes, I do believe it is." It hits me in the back of the knees and I fall down. I turn to it under the water. It's big and pretty. It turns it's side to me and I touch it. It's a little slimy but totally amazing. Prinna is under the water with me watching. She touches my arm and I watch her. She grabs one of the big fishes' fins, and it takes off with her. My eyes get big, and I grab that one that is playing with me. It takes off fast with me holding on. Then it jumps clear out the water. I let go and splash back in the water. It threw me. I do that about 10 more times. Prinna is watching me laughing. Momma has to come all the way out in the water to get me. "My baby, you have missed breakfast. It is now lunch. You need to eat." "Did you see that momma?" "Baby you can come back." We all go to lunch and eat the new food again. It really is good. After lunch momma and Asa drag me off to do a craft they picked. It's a decoration you hang outside. The wind blows it and it makes noise. We use a bunch of seashells and twine to make it. Asa sits beside me. "Why did you use your dragon power on Tre? No one ever told me or maybe no one knows. I'm not sure. I know it was something about lying. I would like to know what happened." I really don't want to tell but maybe they can help. "He lied to me all the time." I sit there putting shells on. "Then he promised me he would never lie to me again. He promised." "What did he lie about after he made the promise?" "The doctor and Mary were talking about me. Tre and Dipak happen to be there. They were all in my apartment sitting room. Mary told the doctor I was having s*x with Tre and then Dipak attacked him." "But how did Tre lie my baby?" "Later I asked him why he attacked Dipak. He said he was stressed about the Johen thing and didn't even know." Asa looks through the shells some more. "So he actually said he is the one who attacked Dipak?" "Yes, and he took 2 weeks of night shift guard duty for it as punishment from Dipak." "They both knew it was a lie?" "Yes." "Why weren't you mad at Dipak too then?" "Because when I asked him the next day what happened, he told me the entire truth. I asked him why he gave the Tre the night shift, he said it was to keep him out of my bed. He never lied to me about anything. Dipak was scared. He thought I was going to kill him. But he told me anyway. I just wanted someone to be honest with me for once. I wanted to see who I could trust. I was tired of being lied to constantly about everything. I want honesty. Dipak gave me that." Asa grabs another shell. "Is Tre being honest now?" "I don't know. We don't really talk about anything that someone would lie about. So I guess so." Momma nods. "Do you believe him when he tells you he loves you?" "He doesn't." Both their eyes dart to me. "He doesn't love you?" "Not now. We're not there." They both nod a little bit. "Are you having s*x with him now?" "No." "You seem to be getting closer though." "We've barely started kissing momma. I think it's more because that's what we're supposed to do. I don't get it." Asa holds up my shell thing. "Oh you got it all done." "It really is pretty." They both smile at me. Thora comes roaming over. "Did you want to explore under the water some more?" "I would love that. Momma, Asa, were you done? We kind of stopped talking." "Yes, go have fun, my child. You gave us plenty to think about." I run off to the calm side of the island with Thora. It is beautiful. So many colors everywhere. Fish are swimming. We even see a few animals crawling on the bottom. I drag Thora half way across the ocean to show her a plant that closes it's flower when I touch it. She laughs and drags me back across to show me a baby turtle. We look around for hours. It is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. She drags me to dinner and we eat a bit. I go to bed right after dinner. I am exhausted. I get up before the sunrise in the morning. I go back out to where Prinna showed me the day before. Her and momma are sitting there. "Good morning. Are the fish back yet?" They both smile at me. "Good morning." "They won't come out until after the sun is up." I watch the sunrise and smile. "Child have you bathed yet? Your hair is getting mighty tangled." "No, I really want to but there's so much here. I love it." "Which side do you like the best baby?" "I couldn't pick a side momma. They are both perfect." They both start laughing. "How did Dipak feel about you holding those babies?" I smile. "He says I am making it hard for him to wait." Prinna smiles. "My boy really does love you." "I love him too. I wish he was here. I think he would like this place." "He would like it because you are here." Momma nods. "He would like it anywhere she is. That's what we should do." "What momma?" "Send you and Dipak away somewhere nice. A beach like this, maybe. For a week. The 2 of you could be alone without all the castle distractions." "Momma, that is the best idea. It would be fun. I've always wanted to travel, and he is fun." "Why is he fun my baby?" "Whenever we go anywhere. He's not in a hurry. We watch anything. He holds me. He seems to really enjoy doing anything with me. We went to the blacksmith once. He sat on a box and ate my little cakes while I sword fought with the blacksmith. He smiled a lot. Didn't seem to get mad. I was taking a long time." Prinna smiles at me. "So would you rather go to a big village with lots to do or someplace like a beach and watch the fish?" "Either would be wonderful. Honestly, I'd probably just watch him anyway." They both laugh a bit. "I think he may enjoy the larger village more though. Lost to do and learn about. He would be trying to find new things to take home and put in our village. I think he would enjoy that more than watching fish for an entire week. But I'm sure he would like the beach too. We could go camping, hiking, swimming. We would have fun." Momma smiles. "What about Tre? Beach or big village?" I shrug my shoulders. "Momma look the fish are back." I run in. Thora comes out after awhile. "I wanted to see what you were doing." "Come here and look." She comes up and a fish touches her. She starts squealing. I show her how to hold them and get thrown. She tries it and loves it. We both do it over and over. It is fun. Momma makes us get out for lunch again. "When you are done eating, go bathe child. I've already got Mary in there for you." "Thank you momma." I go in my bathroom and Mary has everything all set up. She uses all the bottles on me. It's bubbly and smells good. There are creams for my body and hair. Stuff that goes on my skin that dries and gets peeled off. It is amazing. She opens the shudders for me so I can sit in the bath for a bit when she's done. I watch the unicorns flying around and playing in the field. It really is magical. I look at the feather on my arm and rub it to let him know I'm thinking about him. It starts flashing 1 second later. I push the other way. "Hello." "Hi sweetheart how are you?" "I'm fine. Just soaking in the bath. How are you?" "I ran out of a meeting to connect this baby. I've been trying." "I'm sorry. I never seen it flash." "I'll move it when you get back home, so you can see it better. What all have you been doing?" "There are these fish bigger than me. They drag me and throw me into the air. Then I crash back in the ocean. There are different foods here than I've ever tasted. One side of the island has a calm beach. Me and Thora go in that every day. All the colorful fish are amazing. They have plants down there too. I've done a lot of crafts too. I made a bunch of hair clips and a seashell thing with Asa and my momma. I watch the sunrises with your mom and we swim in the mornings. Mary gave me a 2 hour bath and we used every single bottle in this room. There is a mask one that sits on my skin and dries then I peel it off. My skin is soft. They give me a cup of wine every night with dinner. And the food is amazing. What have you been doing?" "That was a lot baby." "Sorry. I think I'm going to go watch the unicorns in a bit. I hope they will let me touch them again. They are pretty. And I want to see what other kinds of crafts they have here. But what are you doing?" "That is a lot, sweetheart. Don't wear yourself out." "I think that's the point of the island. Keep my mind and body so busy that I don't go crazy wanting you. The second I stop and try to relax, I think about you. And you're naked in my head. But what have you been doing?" He starts laughing. "Just the same stuff and missing you sweetheart. I felt the feather trigger, so I jumped up to call right that second. So you would see it." "I'm sorry I've been missing it. Maybe you can make it get warm on my skin or itch or something. I don't see it." "I'll move it when you get back baby. It's not a big deal. I'm happy I get to talk to you a little bit. It really does seem like they are keeping you busy. I'm glad you are feeling ok though. But I can't wait to get you back here. I miss you so much. But I need to get back to the meeting Tre is giving me an evil eye. 1 second baby. She is with your mom and her mom. I guarantee they already know every problem you 2 have ever had since you were born. Now let me talk to her. Yes, I'll ask. Sweetheart, are you talking about relationships with us while you are there?" "Yes. Should I not do that?" "Should she stop? Fine then. It's been 2 days. They already know every problem since birth. I'm sure they will try to help and make it worse. Now go over there. Sorry baby. No don't stop. It's good for girls to talk. Especially you and our moms. I like that you are seeing my mom some." "Your mom is amazing. She showed me how to make the fish throw me. We talked about you growing up as a boy. Your family seems amazing." "Yea, I had a good one sweetheart. I have to go though. Will you signal for me when you wake up? I would like to talk to you for a few minutes. I would like to say good morning. I miss you so much." "Of course. I love you." "I love you too, babygirl." I climb out of the bath and Mary combs my hair for the first time in days. It hurts. Then I walk to dinner. After dinner I go to bed tired again.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD