38. Morning Room

1010 Words
Dipak comes in with wet hair. "I have to do my hair." "Go ahead. We're all early this morning." "No, this isn't early, sweetheart. I usually do my hair now. You're just still playing with clothes." "Oh." He dries his hair while me and Tre finish eating. "Do you know how to do her hair?" "I've seen Mary do it." "Get your stool woman. I'll show him the tricks of it." "Order food and direct him while eating. I know you haven't eaten yet. And you need blood too." He smirks at me and sends a servant out. I sit and read while Dipak shows Tre how to finish my hair. Dipak eats at the same time. Tre does a good job with it. It's nice and bouncy. Mary comes in and looks surprised to see the 3 of us. "20 minutes till the meeting." She gives us all a double take. "This is confusing." I bust out laughing. "YOU SEEN NOTHING MARY." "Yea, I'll go with that." She leaves and the 3 of us laugh. I smile at them. "Everyone's hair is done. We've all been fed and had blood. Everyone has clothes on. That's always nice. I think we're good to go. Actually Tre if you want to dry your hair. You can. You should try it. We still have time, and it makes it nicer." Dipak nods and throws another bite of food in his mouth. Tre tries to say something, but I hand him Mary's contraption and Dipak pushes him on the stool. I move it in his hand, so he's holding it right, and he dries his hair with the heat. In the end, he is running his hand through his hair. "It is a lot softer now." I smile at him. "And bouncier sir. It looks good." Dipak crosses his arms. "We will all be getting ready in here every single morning now. Maybe we should make this a safe zone too." "That will not work guys. My bath is the best one. And this is my place. I live here. It is not safe. Ever. My clothes are here. I live here. I am naked here half the time. Not safe." They both chuckle. "Let's find somewhere we can do hair. And get her hair done. We can eat and have the morning blood. Somewhere to pull everything together before the morning meeting. And yes woman. It will be a safe spot. You get all ready then go there and eat. We can finish your hair while you read and we can do ours. We can deal with anything we need to before the meeting too." "That's a good idea." I roll my eyes. "Yea, he has them on occasion. But where would it be? I mean, I don't want it to be a public area. And not one of our apartments, those need to stay private. Everyone should have personal space." The boys both look at me and smile. "BOYS, STOP THINKING ABOUT BEING IN MY PERSONAL SPACE." I don't think that was what they were thinking about. But they walked right into that one. They both bust out laughing. Tre smiles. "Well, what would the room really need?" "Bookshelf and stool and Mary's hair dryer." Dipak nods. "At least a table and chairs, so we can eat." "Maybe some comfy places to sit, like a few couches. We can lay down if we're too early or arguing about something." "Might as well put a table between the couches for papers." "And a stand by the door. For my money and broken jewelry that you are not around to fix." "A kitchen for extra bowls and cups. Maybe when she gets older we can put some wine in it." I give Dipak a dirty look. "HEY you never gave me my wine at dinner. I want wine now. You owe me." He goes to say something. "NO I WANT WINE FOR BREAKFAST." "Just no sweetheart. Do you want anything else in our safe morning area?" "I would put 1 desk that we can share. Maybe it will be useful to have a desk to sit at and write stuff, have paper and ink in it. Maybe a money drawer. And the room will be for the 3 of us right? No one else is ever allowed in?" They look at each other and agree. "I think that will be good. That way I can make sure you eat and all of our hair is dry. We'll have to tell Mary where it is though. She has to have access. She will kill the entire kings guard to get in it." Tre nods. "Yea we know. She's your servant." "And it can't be far. I don't want to roam all over the castle to dry my hair." "We'll convert one of the advisor rooms. That's what they did for the dining room anyway." "Yea but the table is nearly full, and we still have my enforcer and teacher coming. They will need rooms too. Do we have enough? Plus we need a couple for guests. I think it's to much." Dipak opens the door for us. "The guest rooms are actually down a floor. We should be fine. There are still 4 empty rooms here. We can adjust later if we need to. We'll put the safe area across the hall sweetheart. That way you only have to walk over. And it's a couple doors down for either of us too." "It'll be perfect but 1 problem." "What's that baby?" "If you tell me I can't have s*x somewhere. That's exactly what I want to do." They both laugh as A guard walks in. "Queen Hypatia, King Dipak, King Tre, You are being summoned to the advisor meeting by all of the advisors." I bust out laughing. "We were running so early too." "What the hell? You're supposed to be the responsible one." I laugh even harder. "She's going to pee. You better stop." Tre grabs me and starts walking. "Sick baby horse."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD