39. Missions

1625 Words
We make it to the meeting and everyone stares at me. Apparently I give the best explanations as to why we're late every day. "Sorry everyone. Dipak was teaching Tre how to do his hair. It threw our whole morning off." Everyone looks at Tre and busts out laughing. "It's very soft this way." "It is very nice, Tre." "Thank you, Thora." Dipak stands up. "Ok Frode do you have anything?" Frode hands around a couple of papers. "We are going to send the talkers this morning correct?" Daddy nods. "Miculai, Omar, Bud, and Tre. There are 2 carriages out front. They will take you to the other village. Keep in mind there is a festival going on. So you may be waiting. Also, know the prince has come forward, as well as put guards on the princess, and made sure she got home safely. Make sure it is well known he did that. We are grateful. You are negotiating for the entire irrigation system for their gardens. The princess loved them and told us all about them once her mate was done beating her ass." They all laugh. I shake my head at Dipak. "Not funny." He winks at me. "What you are really searching for is any disputes they have ongoing for land. Or any disputes at all. Get any information you can about anything. Any enemies, allies, anything. We need everything you can get." He smirks at Tre. "I know your hand is sore but write as much down as you can." Tre smirks and nods his head. I throw a pen all the way down the table at Dipak. "We have to keep up the appearance sweetheart." "NEXT TIME IT'S A SHOE." He shakes his head. "You 4 can go." I walk out with Tre and he kisses my head. Then he kisses me. I give him a big hug. "I'll be back soon baby." I watch him leave, then I go back in and sit down. Dipak gets a paper out. "I have missions for everyone. No one has to report back until tomorrow morning. Frode, you know what you are doing. Take Thora with you." Frode nods and stands up. "Come on baby." She gets all wiggly and leaves with him. "Gunner and Kane. I want you 2 to check out the slavery ring. Make sure nothing weird is going on in it again. Take your time please. Don't rush threw because you have the day off." "Dracul, check the arena progress. Make sure it's somewhat on schedule and nothing weird is happening." I smile at him, "What's my mission?" "Sit in that chair and be sexy." "Oh." I wanted a real mission. That's not fair. "I need to do some paperwork baby. I need to get the builders over into the advisor wing as well. Then me and you can go out." Asa comes in. "Dipak we need you for a few last minute things." "Alright give me 5 minutes. I'm sorry baby. I didn't know she would do that. I'm sure it won't take long." He kisses me on the head. "I'll be back in a bit." I wonder why I even woke up for this. I could go to the village, or sleep, or work. I guess I could go somewhere else but it's so early. Not like anywhere will have dancing yet. I'll sleep some more. It's so early. I take off my stuff and climb into bed in my underwear. I miss Tre being here. His spot's not warm anymore. I throw on an extra blanket and go to sleep. I wake up before lunch and Dipak isn't here. I figured he would be here by now. I put on my human dress and walk to the yellow sitting room. I sit down with the fish and have the servants bring my lunch. I eat lunch and watch the fish. No one comes to check on me. I go out to the barn and get Butter. I climb on him and take off. We ride all over the place. All over the fields. To the river. To the village and back. I don't go in the village, only close enough to see it. I start jumping with him. I even get a really high jump in. I spend 10 minutes telling him how amazing and perfect he is. Then I give him some carrots. He's a happy horse. I go home and still no Dipak. I roam up to his office, and he is at the desk filling out papers. I turn and leave. I don't even tell him I'm there. I'm quite bored, and it's still several hours before dinner. I throw on a different human dress and grab my money. This dress is dirty from riding butter so long. I sneak out the side door and turn into a dragon. I'll find a human village to dance in. They'll never even know I'm gone. I get in the air and realize I can go to the princes village. I'll tell him I'm there and I'll be fine. My people should be gone by now. I land on the front lawn and go into the castle. Not sure who I'm supposed to tell. I walk up to a guard. "I'm Princess Nadine. I'm supposed to inform the castle I'm here. I want to see the festival." "1 minute ma'am." I stand there and wait. "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE f*****g JOKING." That was Tre. I should run. But I'm frozen solid. I should use that, but my feet won't work. Tre grabs my arm and pulls me into a side room. "What are you doing?" "I want to go to the festival. I told them I'm here." He rubs his eyes. "I guess you did. You kept your promise." He gives me a kiss. "Thank you for keeping it baby. Finish up the meeting with me and I will dance with you." I smile big and hug him. We go into the meeting. The king is at the end of the table. He has 6 advisors. 3 down each side. 1 is the prince. Daddy is on the other end of the table. Bud and Omar on one side and me and Tre on the other. Everyone is staring at me. Daddy puts an eyebrow up. "Why are you here, my princess?" "Dipak made everyone go away. Then he went away." "Stop." Tre turns to me. "Where did he send everyone?" "You 4 are here. Frode and Thora went somewhere else. Dracul did something with the arena. Gunner and Kane are doing something with the slavery ring. I asked him for a mission, but he said no. Then he went to do something about China. He left me there. All day. I took a 3 hour nap. Then I ate lunch with the fish. Then I rode my horse for 3 hours. I'm bored. I want to dance. So I put on this dress and grabbed my money. I was going to a human village, but I figured why not come here and tell them I'm here. I figured you would all be gone already. I kept my promise. I told a guard I'm here. I'm bored and want to dance." Daddy shakes his head. "My princess, you can not roam this village like that. You are not dressed right." "Oh." I stand up. "Never mind then. I'm going to find a human village. Good bye." I get almost to the door. "STOP." I throw my head back and stare at the ceiling. "Get over here and sit down." I sit back down by Tre. "Does Dipak know you're gone?" "No. I didn't want to bug him. He was to busy." Tre shakes his head. "Did you inform anyone you were leaving?" "No. Well, I mean I walked out the door. It wasn't hard to see I left." Tre rubs his eyes. "But you all know I'm here now. I'm going to find a human village and dance a bit." Tre seems mad. "Woman, you have to tell someone when you leave. You can't just tell them when you arrive somewhere. We need to know where you are. Dipak is probably frantic right now thinking he lost the princess." "It's been 7 hours, Tre. He never checked on me once. I'm bored." Daddy looks at Tre. "She shouldn't have been left alone that long." Bud nods. "She should have been given something to do like everyone else. It wasn't fair that she had nothing. She's young and bored." Omar starts laughing. "Let's take her back with us and see if he even notices she was gone." Tre smirks and nods. I smile at the other end of the table. "I'm sorry I interrupted your meeting. I do it a lot." They all start laughing. Their king nods. "You are one of a kind. I can see that now." A guard runs in. "A carriage went over the cliff. The doctor isn't here." I jump up. "I GOT IT." The king and prince both say at the same time "You're a doctor too?" "Doctor Nadia gentlemen. I've been a doctor for nearing 80 years now, and I will gladly assist while your doctor is out." They both smile at me. Tre stands up. "I'll be there in a few minutes baby. Be careful. They may not have the same medicines we do." I smile and throw my arms around his neck. "Thank you." I give him a little kiss. Daddy yells "NO KISSING." I run out with the guard while everyone laughs. I hear Omar say. "She is way to young to get this bored. We need to find stuff for her to do."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD