40. Surgery

1377 Words
I get up to their medical area, and it is nicer than ours. 2 girls are there. "Hi I'm Dr. Nadia, I'm here to help." They both jump up. "I'm Cami, we do need help. We have someone that went over a cliff." "Can you explain your medicines to me fast? I'm going to need something that makes the person unconscious." "I'm Winletta. I can do that. We only have 1 medicine here. Depending on the dose. We can keep him out for up to 6 days." "Great follow me please." They both follow me in. Tre shows up after a few minutes. "Tre, I want this medicine they have. Tell them I will give them our entire herb list for it." "You need an assist in here?" "No, I'm good sexy thank you." I get the man all cleaned out. His heart and neck were fine. It was just a bunch of rocks in him. I hook up the blood drip and he is all good. "He's out for 4 days. When does your doctor return?" "This evening, miss." "Great. Make sure he knows 4 days, and I believe I got all the rocks out. Do you by chance, have a spare dress and somewhere to wash up? I'm a mess now." They lead me to a washingroom, which is such a good idea. It has a tub in the middle with water that comes out a pipe in the ceiling. It's even warm. I get all the blood off me and wash up. My soap is better. But at least I'm clean. My hair is ruined and soaked, but that's ok. I put the clean dress on and roam back to the kings office with wet hair. I sit down by Tre. Their king looks at me. "How many herbs are on your list?" "At least 20. They all do different stuff." "Is there anything else you want?" "Yes, I need my builders to come in here and figure out that pipe in the ceiling that drops warm water on me." I smile at daddy. "Also, we are putting a bath in our medical area." Tre stands up. "What is your hair doing?" "I don't know. I didn't bring my hair combs or anything with me. I was going to dance not bathe. And my human dress died. I need money for a new one." He pulls a comb out and starts combing my hair tips. "It's trying to curl or something." "The oil is still in it." I smile at the other king. "Can I put one of my stores here? It's hair oils and soaps. Everyone likes it in my village." His eyebrows shoot up. "You have your own line of stores too?" I never thought about it like that. It's a store. "It's soap and bath stuff. It's not a lot." Tre laughs. "Yes she does. It makes good money as well. But you need to learn books better before you open another store. Do them for a few months on your own. I will check and if everything is right, we can talk about you opening another store somewhere." I sit there smiling and nodding. He gets through my hair and sits down beside me. He hands me his comb and I comb through it on my own. Omar gets up. "No. You've got one piece of hair that isn't right. It's making me crazy." He takes the comb and fixes it. "Much better sorry about that. It was making me crazy." The king nods. "Princess, We will get you our medicine recipe for your herb list. And your builders can come look at our water system in the medical area. We will also think about adding your store. Once your mate gives it the ok of course." I jump up and run over and give him a hug. "Thank you so much sir." "You're very welcome princess." Daddy shakes his head. "That's not how this works, my princess. Come back to this side of the table." "But I like this one better right now daddy." Bud smiles. "But who down there will comb your hair and make sure the oil is in it right?" "Oh yea, that's true." I sit back down by Tre. He sits back and puts his arm on the back of my chair. I move my chair closer to him and lay my head on his shoulder. He kisses my head. My eyes get heavy so fast. I hear Tre. "Yea, I knew she was tired." The prince says, "Put her on the couch before she falls out of that chair." I wake up with Tre putting me in a carriage. "Go sit down baby. We're going to take a carriage back." "But where's?" "They are all in the other one. Sit down. I'll be here in a minute." I'm almost back to sleep when Tre climbs in with me. I cuddle into his side and he kisses my head. "Why am I so tired today?" "You're bored. Everyone was gone and you had nothing to do. "What are we doing now?" "Going home. We'll get there right before dinner. They all want to see if Dipak even noticed you were gone." "Do you think he did?" I cuddled with him more. "I don't know. We'll see. You want to sleep some more? It's a long ride." I lay on the floor of the carriage. I put my feet beside him on the seat. "You can sleep up here baby." "I always sleep like this though. I like it better." "I need to sort out a couple of papers, then I will come lay with you." "No. I don't know how you can lay down there at all." He picks me up off the floor and lays me on his chest on the bench. "No way I can lay down there with you. This is better anyway." He rubs my hair. "This is better sir." I fall back to sleep on his chest. He wakes me up by rubbing my back. "Almost there sweetie, need to wake up. We'll go fix your hair, then it will be time for dinner." We are the first ones in the dining room, but we are a bit early anyway. He puts his arm on the back of my chair and I lay my head on him again. We watch everyone else come in and sit down in their places. Dipak comes in last and smiles at me. He kisses my head. "I'm sorry sweetheart I got so busy today. Did you have fun? I seen you riding Butter." "I took some naps, rode butter, did a surgery, took another nap, and then a carriage ride." "At least you had fun." He sits down. Omar stands up. "Everyone calm down." Dipak has no idea what's going on. I can tell Tre is mad too, but he's not doing anything. His muscles seem tense. Daddy's glares at Dipak. "She was with us all day because you ignored her and gave her nothing to do. She was bored out of her mind when she showed up. We just got back, and you had absolutely no idea she was gone. It's been hours, Dipak. And the surgery she did wasn't even in this village." "I HAD A LOT TO DO. I CAN'T BABYSIT ALL THE TIME." I jump up and feel the tears already. I run for it. I run back to my place. "NO ONE IN." I hear the guards lock up my door. So whenever he spends time with me, he's just babysitting. I get it now. He won't have to worry about it anymore. I grab my torn up dress and 2 swords. My hair is already half crazy. I go out the bookshelf and make my way to the side door. I get out and stick to the shadows. It will take them awhile to even realize I'm not in my room. The alarms go off right then. Damn one of them went through my bookshelf. I get fairly far away and turn to my dragon. I take off and fly in the shadows. I watch behind me and I know no one managed to follow me this time.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD