41. Man Hunting

1830 Words
I go towards the direction of the festival. But I'm not going there. I need a human village. I need to kill a few people. I land and hide my swords in a bush, then stand under a torch. I kill the first one so easy. He never even touches me. I get another quick. I go for another and the prince is standing there. I glare at him. "We got notified. They thought you might come to our village. Or a human village. You're close to my village, I found you quickly." "Great. Your mission is to keep me alive. But don't worry, I can do that myself. Go stand over there and stay hidden." I point to a shadow, and he raises his eyebrows at me. I raise mine back and put my hands on my hips. He smiles and goes to his shadow. I get under the torch and a man approaches me. Tye doesn't move yet. He only watches me. I'll give him a show for sure. I leave with the man and go into his house. I know Tye is staying close, but he isn't making himself known either. The man grabs me and sits me on a table. He steps right against me and goes after my neck. I throw my head back and run nails down his back. He picks me up and spins us around. He drops me on the couch and climbs on top of me, between my legs. He comes in to kiss me and I break his neck. I do another 3 about the same, then Kane and Tye are both standing outside. "How many so far?" "This is the 4th I've seen." "Well, her record is 34 so we may still be here awhile. She takes 2 of us to hold her back. So until someone else shows up, I'm afraid you are with me for now." I do 2 more and I come out by my swords. I grab them and toss them at the boys. Then I go back under the torch. I do another 3 and come out to Dipak, Tye, and Kane. I glare at Dipak. "GIVE ME MY SWORDS." Kane tosses them to me. "Thanks a lot ass!" I swing down with both of them and he blocks me so fast. We don't even talk. I swing at him over and over again. I finally wear myself out. "YOU WILL NEVER BABYSIT ME AGAIN." "THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEANT." Tre poofs out of nowhere. "Baby, that's not how he meant it." "WELL THAT'S EXACTLY HOW HE SAID IT." I glare at Dipak. "DON'T WORRY YOU NEVER HAVE TO SEE ME AGAIN." I turn around and almost walk right into Ylle. "Hi sweetie, there are too many dragons in this spot. How and why in the world are you all here?" "DIPAK DOESN'T LIKE DOING ANYTHING WITH ME. HE'S SAYS IT'S BABYSITTING." Kane nods. "She's hunting men." "Well I guess that's fine. I'll join you. I haven't done this in a long time." "You're kind of fancy Ylle. I don't know if it will work with that dress on." "Oh nonsense sweetie, men are stupid." We both laugh and nod. I take hold of my swords, and she gets under a torch. I sit in the shadows and try not to laugh. Tre squats beside me. "You ok?" "She's so fancy Tre, this will never work." A man approaches her after about a minute, and she walks with him into a house. Dipak, Kane, and Tye go with her. They watch and when she comes out I bust out laughing. "I can't believe that worked. You are so fancy." "I'm a little shocked as well. But I guess I can still lure men after all. Good fun really. Helps relieve stress a bit. Your turn." We each kill 2 more. Then I get under the torch. I think this might be my last one. I do feel a bit better now, but also completely exhausted. A man approaches me and I know something is wrong right away. I start twirling my hair and I hear swords get pulled out. I follow him to a house but instead of going in, he walks down a small path. I glance back and they are all there. At this point, I want to see what's going on. I twirl my hair again. He takes me behind a building and 8 other men are there. I twirl my hair. One of them comes up behind me and grabs my hair. I give the attack signal, but it's to late. Half of them are dead before I signal it. Tre crosses his arms. "What the hell was that? Why did you follow him here?" "I didn't know where we were going and when I seen 8 of them, I thought maybe they were searching for me and wanted to talk about something. It wasn't until he pulled my hair I knew this wasn't good. I mean, what in the world were 8 of them trying to do? That's weird. I thought it was like a conference thing." Ylle smiles. "Sweetie conferences don't happen in the dark behind abandoned buildings." "This one is." It's me, Ylle, Dipak, Tre, Kane, and Tye all in the dark behind an abandoned building. "Well, yes. I guess you are right on that one sweetie." She leads me back out to the path. The boys all follow. I check them once we get back into the light. All of them got blood on them. "Sorry about that one boys. My bad." They all shake their heads and Dipak asks, "What's the body count for this village?" "Somewhere around 25 counting the 8 you guys got." "We need to change villages." Ylle shakes her head. "Let's be done for the night. Everyone got to kill someone. We're all still alive. That was fairly productive. We also learned we like to conference in weird places." I see red. "I didn't kill anyone yet, Ylle." I hold my hands with both palms up. The birds start flying over my head. The boys start getting closer to me. Dipak pulls Tye closer. I tilt my hand a little, and they make the impenetrable wall of speeding birds again. They completely circle us all. Ylle smiles. "You are powerful sweetie. I'm glad you are perfecting your powers." Tre shakes his head. "There are children here baby. You will kill every single one of them." I pull back the power and let the birds go off on their own. Tre gives me a hug. I snuggle my head into his chest for a second, then I release the power. I wake up in the carriage with Tre. "Are they all..." "They're fine baby. She showed us the progress she made on the bird skill. She didn't hurt anyone." I snuggle into him again. I feel better about that. "Are you hungry sweetie? I know you need blood. You seem weak." "I feel drained of everything." "That skill your dragon has uses a lot of power. And I think yours was running out anyway. And you never ate dinner. We're going to stop at Tye's castle. He said we can fix you up before we go home. We aren't far from there at all." I snuggle in again. "You're warm Tre." He smiles and rubs my back. I feel the carriage stop, and he climbs out first. He holds his arm out to me. I take it and go to step down, but I trip and he catches me. He carries me in. Kane comes beside Tre and they follow the prince. We end up in a sitting room. Just the 4 of us. The prince orders a bunch of servants to get stuff and I sit with Tre and try to stay awake. Tre helps me drink the blood and water. Kane sits on the other side of me and cuts the food into small pieces. Then he shoves one of the bites in my mouth. Tre looks at me. "Chew it." "That bird thing drains me so much, Tre. Why did she do it when I was so weak?" Kane puts another bite in my mouth. "You were showing Ylle. That was all. Eat and you will be fine." They feed me about half of it. Then I sit up and eat on my own. "This is excellent thank you." "My pleasure princess." I look at him for real. "Oh, you seen way to much tonight. You probably had no idea. I'm so sorry. Any part of that would have been a lot for someone to understand. And you stayed and watched it all. You even helped me." I lower my eyebrows and tilt my head. I study him for a minute. He seems ok with everything. Tre says. "Eat baby." Kane laughs. "You are hard to understand. But he did good. Didn't run away or panic. Or try to kill us all." I throw another bite in. "That's always nice." Kane looks at Tye. "Have you ever met Ylle?" He shakes his head no. "She's one of the oldest dragons in existence. Extremely powerful." Tre nods. "Seems to not want to leave us alone." "She's watching Nadine. Not us. And we keep having to many dragons in the same places. It's only going to get worse as the other dragons find her." "What other dragons?" Kane opens his mouth. I shove a bunch of food in mine. Tre says "No. Not yet. More will be revealed to you in time. But this is not the place." I swallow my food. "Someday." Tre smiles. "But not today." Kane looks at Tye. "You did good tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if we will need you again in the future. You handle her well." Tre laughs. "And her dragon didn't try to kill you. That's a first really. First time I met it, it beat the hell out of me." "It's done that a lot." Kane sits back. "But yes, it tried to kill me as well. I threw it out a window though. I don't suggest doing that." Tye winks at me. "Don't throw her out a window. Got it. Comb her hair and feed her." "Keep me warm too." "NO. He will not be keeping you warm. That's my job." "Throw me in the river." "Yea he can do that baby." "I feel better now. Thank you, Prince Tye." "My pleasure, Princess Nadine." "No." We both turn to Tre. "Don't even look at each other like that." Kane smirks. "Let's go home. It's late. Everyone's tired and in need of baths." "Yea you guys are covered in goo this time. I just got some dirt. This is different." "Can you fly or do you want to take the carriage back?" We fly home. Me and Tre take a quick bath and go right to bed. We are both exhausted.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD