The worries of the princess!

1045 Words
EPISODE 11 She gets up at one point to wander her eyes around the room, almost as if she is seeing the spirit of her mother, Queen Agossi, hovering in the air. She ends up getting closer to the seats and takes place on them. Feet crossed, tears rolling down her cheeks, her lips open and she speaks to herself:   - My mother's business! The child my mother brought into this world! Oh, how much you miss Mom!   During this moment of meditation, one of the boys of the house makes his entrance in the room where the princess is, after having searched in vain in all the palace. Once in front of her, he smiled and said:   - Good evening my princess, says the houseboy to address Princess Houenafa, while she has her gaze fixed towards where she directed it. I am glad to see you again, adds the houseboy to relax the princess. Please my princess, would you like me to do you a favor? I will be very happy to serve you, princess. - Oh, you again this time? replies the princess, smiling, coming out of her imaginations. Please don't worry about me. It's really nice. I'll call you as soon as I need anything. Thank you very much.   - Of course, my princess," replied the houseboy, bowing to Princess Houenafa. I won't be far away though. I will be a few meters from the room to hear you quickly. I will hope that you will signal me so that I can serve you like a true and worthy princess.   - I have listened to you well.   He turns around and walks away proudly and happily, smiling. The princess looks at him strangely enough without saying anything. Her eyes are reddened, because of her tears, for having once again cried for Queen Agossi, her mother. She plunged back into her imaginings, but looking at Mrs. Yélian this time:   - Mrs. Yélian! The only woman who can comfortably take my mother's place. How can I tell my father about you again so that he can marry you? How can I do that? Ah, I'm sure I can find a way to get him to accept my request. After all that thinking, she finally fell asleep on the couch after lying down to rest her body and brain, which was now thinking twice as much as yesterday.   In the day that followed, nothing interesting happened, except that the king went to work with Noukpo. Meanwhile, the princess stayed at the palace all day. When the evening comes and her father returns from work and she does not see him at the palace yet, she becomes panicked. She grabs her phone and starts calling him as usual when the king doesn't come home from work. Several times she called her father's number, but he still did not pick up her call. She is more worried and it was already starting to annoy her as well. During her many attempts to call, one of the maids approached her to tell her about the evening meal:   - Good evening my princess, says the servant!   - Yes good evening Sêlômê! What are you looking for here ?   - It is just to keep you informed that I have just served the dinner, says the servant with reverence. If you don't get up now to take it, it risks to get cold indeed.   - Sêlômê? asks the princess!   - Yes my princess!   - Do I have to remind you all the time the same things?   - Not at all, princess Houenafa.   - Then please! I'm not hungry at all. You can go. And thank you very much.   - Okay, I understand, my princess. You're welcome.   The maid goes away and she takes again her phone that she had put on the pedestal table to redial her father's number: - But it's incredible! Why her number does not pass any more?   She has a tantrum again. After a while, she was joined by her older brother who, as usual, always comes home from work before their father. Having noticed her in a worrying state, he said to her, smiling:   - So! The princess of Savalou! I am back, your majesty! What's wrong with you? And why are you glaring at me? Look! I brought you this," says Noukpo, placing the bags he is holding on the pedestal table in front of the princess.   The princess glares at him then ignores his presence. He sits down next to her on the sofa where she is sitting and asks her:   - Then, say to me! Houenafa that goes here?   She wastes no time in asking him a lot of questions. Faced with these many questions, Noukpo was totally surprised and lost. He didn't know which question to answer. He stands in front of his little sister, dazed. He starts to laugh when the princess finishes speaking and says nothing more. He goes to sit in front of his sister and says:   - But Houenafa! How do you want me to answer you with all these many questions that you ask me at the same time? I think I've already told you once about Dad's delay in coming home when it's time to go out. Daddy is big enough, you know?   - For you this is normal. Is that right? With this kind of behavior should I be okay? I'm asking you the questions. I'm worried but apparently everyone in this palace trivializes me and thinks I'm crazy. He may be tall, but he is not an ordinary man like anyone else in this kingdom. It's only been eight weeks since we buried Mom. But I have the feeling that he has already forgotten what happened to us in the days that have passed. It's a situation that deserves to be thrown away, don't you think? My lord! It's not something he should even forget, is it, Noukpo?   - I understand you, sister. But don't really worry. Daddy will be home as soon as he finishes what he's doing and you'll see him. I've told you time and time again in this house to stop worrying about Dad. Our dad is grown up enough to know what's right for him and what's not.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD