The mansion

1200 Words
ADELE’s POV Their new mother? I was in disbelief when Armando said that to the children, and I just kept staring at the kids, they gave me a very disgusting look, it was so obvious that the children did not like me, and I did not blame them at all, because we barely knew each other. The children both walked away after giving me death stares, but I tried not to look at them. “Hey woman, what are you staring at? Go upstairs, get changed, and come back downstairs, there is a small party that I'm hosting for a few of my friends and business partners, so get ready” “A party? What about my family? Where are they?” Armando walked up to me, and he looked me straight in the eyes, with his gushing gray eyes, and the hair that was all over his face, he looked very scary, and I kept moving backward while he kept walking towards me, he stood still, and smirked. “I hate to repeat myself twice, so go upstairs and get dressed!” he screamed at me, then he walked away. I looked around the sitting room, but I was not sure where I was supposed to go or what I was supposed to do. I just stood there looking lost, and my eyes were getting teary too. A lady walked up to me, she looked like she was in her late 30s. She gave me a big bright smile, and then she told me to cheer up, she held my hand and told me to follow her upstairs, and I did. When we got to the room I don't think I had ever seen a room as beautiful and big as that, the walls were covered with photos of Armando and his two kids, but there was no single photo of their mother, but I didn't care much about it. The bed was big enough for five people to sleep on, and the television was just above the bed. The room had a strong vanilla and strawberry flavor. The room had a lot of flower vases filled with gemstones and pearls, which made it sparkle. Of course, it had a big window, and the view was to die for, you could see almost half of the city from just that room. “This is for you, ma'am” The lady who had brought me to the room handed me a long red dress, and I could tell that it cost an arm and a leg just by looking at it. “Is this for me?” Obviously, I knew it was for me, but I had to act dumb to look humble. “Yes ma'am it is for you from your husband” “When is the party starting? Hmm I didn't get your name earlier” “Brenda, you can call me Brenda ma'am” “Brenda, you don't happen to know where my family is, do you? She looked around, and then she held her hands together, she looked so nervous, it was so obvious that she knew something. “Your family? I have never seen your family before ma'am, how on earth am I supposed to know where they are? “Your body language is saying something else, Brenda, please if you know any..” “No ma'am I know nothing about your family, I am so sorry but I can't be of help” she cut me sharply with a big fake smile on her face. “Oh! I see” “You need to get ready ma'am, the boss will get very angry if you are late” “I hate the color red, who picked out this dress for me anyway? “The boss did, ma'am, and you need to put it on, the boss loves the color red a lot, so he picked this out for you” I groaned quietly, and I was dying seriously inside. I was worried about the whereabouts of my family, and all Armando cared about was his party, and this annoying dress, of course, the dress looked pretty expensive, but I was angry, so I could not look at the bright side. “Brenda, can I get a cup of water, please?” “Ma'am I can't leave you alone till you are done getting ready, or else the boss..” “I am pretty sure you don't want me to tell the boss that you are disrespecting me, right, Brenda?” She looked at me, and she dropped the dress on the bed. “Of course not ma'am, I will get the water for you, right now, please excuse me” When Brenda left the room I quickly grabbed my phone to call my mother's phone if it would probably go through, but it didn't, then I also tried Amelia’s number but it was also not available, and I was so frustrated. I sat on the bed and started reminiscing about everything that happened just in the space of two days. “How is Alexander’s mother doing right now? Alex was her only child, how would she survive all alone and by herself? I am supposed to be with her right now with my entire family, not of course, not, the universe has never been on my side ever!” I screamed angrily at the top of my voice. Brenda came back into the room with a glass of water, and I had to drink it even though I never needed the water. “Brenda, when is the party starting?” “In an hour, ma'am, so you need to get ready” “The party is not starting yet, so why the hurry? I am so tired Brenda, so, please, allow me to be, and I will take all the blame, so you don't need to worry, Brenda” “The boss hates it when people are always late to his party, so he needs you to be on time” “Brenda, tell me, what exactly is the party for anyway?” “The party is for you, ma'am, the boss is celebrating his new wife” “His new wife? You say it like he has been married before” “Well..” “Well, what?” “Hmm, nothing, ma'am” “Brenda, tell me what is going on, does your boss have a wife?” “Ma'am, please just get ready and keep your voice down, the boss hates when people talk behind his back” “Seems your boss hates everything, right, Brenda? Tell me about these kids, and the whereabouts of their mother, please!” “Madam, the kids are..” “You speak a little too much for a head maid, don't you think so, Brenda?” The door behind us opened, and a woman who looked like she was in her late 30s walked in, she looked very beautiful. She looked so much like Armando, same eyes, the same height, and the same shape of lips as Armando’s. Brenda quickly left the room and the woman walked towards me. “Who are you?!” I asked.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD