43. Herb List

1280 Words
I go back into my place. It takes me at least 10 minutes to pick new shoes. I do like Tre picking my outfits. It's so much faster. "Hypatia, you are being summoned to the entry by Zacier." "OH NO!" I run all the way down to the entry carrying my shoes. The guard is running behind me. I run right into the prince. "ZACIER WHAT IS IT? WHAT'S WRONG?" "Sir how can we help you?" I look at the guard. "GO AWAY! ZACIER WHAT?" "Butter is going to be a daddy very soon, Hypatia. I would say during the lunch hour." I jump up and down squealing. "Thank you Zacier. I am so excited. I will go out for lunch. I can't wait." I hug the prince with my shoes in my hands. He hugs me back. "Why are we happy?" "My favorite horse, Butter, is going to be a daddy today." I start crying. "Do you ride horses too?" "Yes. Do you?" "Yes, I really like it." "Me too. Want to go riding?" "Sure, but I need some stuff with the advisors first." "Ok, I'm going there anyway. Come with me." I use him for balance and put my shoes on. "1 second please. I forgot shoes." He chuckles a little bit then we go to the advisor meeting. We get up to the king's office hallway and Mary is standing there twirling the swords. "Sorry Mary, I had to get shoes." "And you thought you would bring a prince?" "Eh, why not? What do you want people to call you?" "Tye is fine." "Do you want prince on it or not?" "No." "Ok." Tye comes in last. Everyone stares at me. Mary sit's down by Kane at the conference table. "Sorry I'm late everyone. I had to pick shoes. Then I found Tye roaming around our building. So here we are." A few people laugh. Dipak's eyebrows are up. I point Tye to sit by Omar. "Everyone. This is Prince Tye. You can call him Tye. I have no idea why he's here. I was down in the entryway because Butter is going to be a daddy by lunch and he came in. Tye, these people are all advisors of someone. Some of them you have met." Mary hands me a sword and I point. "Omar, Doctor and Advisor. Thora, my advisor, Kane my protector and advisor, Have we actually done that yet?" Dipak stands up. "Mary The most powerful person in the room" Dipak and Tre both laugh. "Bud Advisor, Miculai My daddy, Dracul Advisor, Dipak" He shakes his head at me. "Commander. Frode Advisor, Gunner Advisor, Tre Advisor. Now I don't expect you to actually remember all that, but don't say I didn't introduce you." Dipak walks over to Kane and puts the advisor pin on him. "Another title for you." I signal to the servants, and they bring out plates of fruit for the table and give everyone a water cup. "I am ready for someone else to talk now." Dipak busts out laughing. "WHAT?" "Your necklace is in your boobs again." He rubs his eyes and tries to stop laughing. Me, Mary and Thora all jump up. They try to fish it out like normal. "Just bounce a little. It's right there." "NO BOUNCING." "Who wants to fix the boob necklace?" "NO ONE THINK ABOUT IT." Daddy stands up and takes the necklace, fixes it, and hands it back. "Thank you daddy." He shakes his head and goes back to his seat. I smile at Dipak. "Continue please sir." "Someone else go. I need another minute." Frode stands up. "We have an issue with the arena. Dracul made the plan to fix it. It seems the most logical. Look it over and sign it. If you agree, please. Let us know if you have a different idea. Also" He glances at Tye. "Maybe we should figure out why Tye is here before we make him an advisor." He sits back down with his papers. Everyone starts laughing again. Dipak stands up. "This is one weird start to the day. Tye, it seems we thought you were an advisor briefly. But how can we help you?" Tye opens his mouth then starts laughing. "Sorry, my father sent for the herb list and some other stuff. I have it all wrote down." "I forgot about the herb list. I'll go get it." I run out and almost get out of the hallway when I run into Ylle again. "7 dragons?" I count in my head. Daddy, Dipak, Prince, Kane, Me, Momma... "6 Dragons." "No 7." I turn around and take her into the office. "I found Ylle roaming the building this time. It seems we have 7 dragons here. I can only count 6. Any ideas anyone? or can I not count?" Kane nods. "I can only think of 6." Dipak shakes his head. "6" Daddy stands up. "GUARD SOUND THE ALARM." I smile at Tye. "You don't by chance have 2 right?" He shakes his head. "Oh wait are you counting yourself?" Ylle smiles, "No, it was 7, now it's 8." We all stare at each other. "Momma, Daddy, Me, Kane, Dipak, Tye..." 3 people scream "Clay" at the same time. Dipak looks at Ylle. "Yes it's 7, no one can count." He signals for the guards to shut off the alarm. She laughs and leaves. "What was I doing?" "Herb list baby." "Oh yea, be right back." An hour later, "I got the herb list." I hand it to Tye. "How many are on here?" He's flipping through page after page. "84." Omar sits up. "You said 20." "No, I said over 20, and 84 is over 20. So, I am correct. But we keep 40 in stock and 20 in our cabinet for regular use. That's why I thought 20 at first." Omar nods. "Well she's right, it was over 20." Dracul comes in and gives Tye a few papers. Dipak stands up. "Was that all of it?" "Yes sir, thank you." "Did you want to see the horses?" Tye smiles at me and stands up. "Yea I can ride with you for a bit." We almost get out and Tre yells "STOP." I stare at the ceiling in annoyance. Daddy crosses his arms. "Do we trust them alone?" Kane stands up. "I'll go. I haven't ridden a horse in forever anyway." Dipak shakes his head. "They'll be fine. You don't have to go, Kane." "I actually wanted to ride a horse." He sits back down. Tre finally speaks. "Woman, you can't wear that. Your boobs will fly out." Thora starts coughing. "Yea and those shoes will be hell in the field. He would be carrying you." Mary stands up. "I'll get her changed." "Butter is going to be a daddy around lunch. So everyone can come and see the baby horse when you take a break." Dipak nods. "We can go out to the river for lunch. We can make fish out there if you all want." I start jumping up and down. "YES PLEASE." Dipak and Tre start laughing. Daddy screams. "STOP BOUNCING." Frode watches Dipak unable to get control. He stands up. "Princess you are free to go with the prince after you change clothes. Lunch will be by the river after we see the baby horse. It seems the commander has lost his mind." "Mary, he needs reset." Mary points the swords at both of them. Tre smiles. "Have fun baby. Yell loud if you need anything, and if the meeting ends early, Kane will be joining you both." "Ok." I leave with Mary and Tye following me.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD