Chapter 25: Long Sleep

2360 Words
Four Years Later Toffe I have been out for at least six months now and I needed to catch up on everything, I went to Ty's office and he filled me in on everything. I felt better but not totally cured, I still have cravings but I am handling it for now, I married Tricia but I never permanently marked her. I still had second thoughts and was holding out just a little, Tricia knew and understood, I loved her and she loved me and that's what matters. We choose not to have any kids after her miscarriage to avoid future heartbreak for our kids if we do find our mates, and in her case meet up with her mate again. After, Aidan allowed us to elope eventually, and I was handling everything, I was watching T.J. from a distance until one night, I was arguing with Issy and Matthew came to her defense and my anger took over killing him in front of Issy. Aidan had no choice but to put me down, I was down for two years and now I am free, Tricia remained at my side and loyal to me, she was afraid to meet her mate so she optioned to be put down with me so that I won't be alone. The spell they put on us, had us on a beach enjoying life, just two of us. This happened right after her miscarriage and she wanted to be with me, I was grateful that I wasn't alone like I was when I was imprisoned by Roman. When we woke up, we were in the north tower that was used to imprison royalty, it was spelled so those who were authorized, could enter, and it was heavily guarded. I saw my brother as soon as I opened my eyes and Aidan, I smiled and hugged both of them, then I turned to see Tricia was still asleep so I carried her to our room and let her finish sleeping it off. I had a few blood bags and it was Issy's blood, which surprised me, Ty said, "Since Matthew's death, she has been alone and stopped dating, she needed to be there for the kids," and I nodded in understanding. He asked me about what happened at the wedding because I never told him and I said, "Another time." However, I asked him about Elena and he said, "She has another child with her husband, probably going four by now," and I was confused, I had never seen her pregnant before I was put down and Ty said, "She hid it." Since being freed, I have been enjoying life before I resumed my duties, Ty still had guards on T.J. from a distance and I was grateful. I was out to lunch with Tricia and everyone was staring at us since I wasn't around for a few years, they were told I was away in human territory on business. A few of the people linked me saying, "Welcome back, Delta Toffe and Lady Tricia," and we smiled. ****** It was my weekend to have the kids and I drove over to Issy's apartment, it looked different when I walked in, it seemed like someone had it renovated. My boys got their bags and headed out to the car and my girls were hugging their mother, I said, "They will be back tomorrow," and she asked, "Can we talk?" I turned around saying, "I got five minutes, so shoot," and she said, "I wanted to apologize for everything." I felt my bond soaring wanting me to be closer to Issy so I walked up and hugged her and said, "It's fine," before I turned to walk out. She yelled, "Wait!" and I stopped, she said, "Go out with me," and I turned around and said, "I don't have time," and walked out. She mind-linked me holding back her tears and said, "Forgive me, Toffe," and I said, "You are still wearing Matthew's ring," and blocked her. Days turned into months and I was getting Issy's blood sent in a blood bag, I was surprised but as she said, she doesn't like the bite so this is a good alternative I guess. It's better this way anyway, the bite only makes your bond stronger once you're mated, the bond between us has been weakened to the point I barely feel it, only when we are close. I will have to be intimate with her soon before the bond starts pulling us together again. Hopefully, the spell that, Ty with the help of, Lancelot, will help me with my cravings and the bond, so maybe, we won't need intimacy in the end. I decided to go on a run with Tibbs and Ty and we had fun, I was on edge because I realized something when I was in the same building as Elena. She was at a function with Edward since he works for Drax, Ty looked at me and said, What is bothering you, Toffe?" "She is my mate, Ty," and he said, "Who is your mate?" I said, "Elena, she is not feeling the bond and I admit, I was not feeling it either, Davien is sure of it but Knut can't get a read off her. When we are in the same room, something is off and I wish I could reject her since she loves her husband so much but you know I can't. My power is calling out to its mate and it's driving me crazy, I f**k up Ty and now, I am afraid I am a walking time bomb." Ty was shocked but not surprised, he said, "That is why you were out of wack for so many years," my mate was cloaked from me and my power knew it but couldn't find her, it's calling out to her to be complete. "f**k," I said, my life just got a whole lot messier and my wife linked me, "When will you be home, baby," and I said, "In a few hours, love," and she closed the link. I started meeting up with Issy to get my blood bags on occasion and we try to be civil for the kid's sake. She told me about the girl's trip and I told her to have fun and she said, "Tricia can join us," I looked at her and said, "She won't, not with the history between you two," and I left. I drove home and remembered the day I was put down because of her, because of her not being there for me when I needed it. I don't hate Issy, because I still love her as my kids's mother and friend, I think that I resent her just a little bit for not being the mate that I wanted her to be, that I expected her to be as a Supreme Mate. Hopefully, one day, we can fix this but right now, I need time. ****** Flashback Two Years Ago I was in my wolf form for two days and people were told to stay indoors, I had gone feral and was draining every animal and unsuspecting rogue or innocent bystander. I ran after I killed Matthew because I was in so much pain and Aidan was going to lock me away, I couldn't go to prison not again, I wouldn't do it. Tricia linked me, "Where are you, baby?" I said "I can't come home right now," and blocked her out, they were using her to get to me but I needed blood. I needed to feed, but there was no one around and I broke into the meat shop and was eating the raw meat when I heard noises. I saw the red dots on the wall and I knew it was Michael's team hired to take me out, I was angry, they were going to lock me up, I tried to hybrid out but my powers weren't working properly because Ty had me grounded, I could feel it through our brotherly bond. I jumped out the show window and heard the roars of the automatic weapons, I was hit a few times but I was still going, I was burning through whatever they hit me with. I saw Issy standing on the boulder and I said, "I need blood," and she said, "I can't," and backed away. I jumped at her and was kicked to the side by Drax and I growled, he mind-linked me, "Stand down, kid," and I got angrier. Then I heard Ty inside my head, "TT, stop," and I turned around and was surrounded by about forty men, all had guns pointed at me. My mother was crying holding that b***h Issy hand and I wanted to kill the b***h, she caused this," and Ty said, "Over here, TT," and he had his gun on me. He was crying and I said, "This fucker was crying, he pulled a gun on me and crying," I slowly started going towards him and my hunger grew, the pain was overbearing and I ran at him, I wanted to kill someone, I needed blood and he told everyone to stand down, and I jumped at him before he linked me, "Sorry," and I felt it and saw black. ****** Ty I was so heartbroken when I shot Toffe with the tranquilizer, I had ordered my men to stand down and Toffe was angry and charged at me. I stood at a distance watching everything go down, I didn't want to do this but we had to, the bodies were piling up, and the people were uneasy, we couldn't cover for him anymore and needed to put him down. Toffe landed on top of me with his fangs in my shoulder, I felt the bite but as I moved my arm, it healed. Everyone came over and they wanted to move him so I yelled at them not to touch him as my voice broke, my mother came over and we cried as Toffe lay in my lap. Tricia ran over crying as I saw Issy standing there in disbelief, she was in shock as Toffe finally changed back to his human form. Aidan told me to bring him over when we were finished saying our goodbyes and I stayed with him talking about when we were younger and I promised to find a way to save him, I looked at Issy and said, "Get out of my sight or so help me, moon goddess, I will break your neck," and she runs off. I didn't care Lily was standing there, my brother was in hell because of her selfish ways, we took him to the tower and cleaned him up, We prepared the spell and Tricia wanted to be with him so we allowed it, that way, he wouldn't be alone in the reality we were putting him in until we find a spell that can ease his bloodlust because Issy was no help. After the spell was over, I promised to watch over T.J. for him and make sure his kids would be okay until we could wake him again. ******* Present Time I remember putting Toffe down like it was yesterday, after my talk with him, I knew he was feeling better, it wasn't permanent but it was a start, Vivianne did this, and I was sure of it and I couldn't wait to finally end her. Toffe had to deal with so much as a kid losing me and the rest of his family, imprisonment, and torture because of Roman, a man he loved like a brother, as we all did. Now, his mate betrayed him because she was naive about that mating, and what was expected as a Supreme Mate. Toffe is no saint, he handled things badly between Tricia and Issy which was the start of his broken bond. One day, I hope he truly finds happiness and works this mess out with the women in his life because we have eternity together and it can be lonely when alone. ***** Issy I was going got get my husband back, that was the plan, I just needed him to be in the room for more than five minutes, I admit, I screwed up and when he was put down for those two years, I felt horrible. He was battling his demons and I could have helped him but my ego won't let me and he has moved on to someone else, someone who sacrificed those two years to be with him. If it wasn't for my kids, I would have done it but honestly, I never thought to do it. I was angry that he killed Matthew and refused to bring him back, then Ty told me it was because his head was ripped off, and Toffe couldn't bring him back. I started leaving blood bags for Toffe and he usually would pick them up but lately, he had been making excuses and sending someone else for them and it was driving me crazy. I started feeling Alyssa again because I had decided to go after, Toffe and she wanted her mate back, I was leaving to go to the airstrip to go on the Girls Trip and I wondered where Toffe was, so I left a note for him to meet me at the airport to get his blood. I saw the others as I reached the strip and Toffe appeared, I walked over to him seductively and he raised his eyebrow and said, "Playing games, I see," and he smiled. I said, "Thanks for coming to see me off," and he said, "The blood, Issy," and I took out the bag and said, "Give me a kiss first," and he smiled. Toffe pulled me to him and I closed my eyes waiting to feel his lips on mine before he kissed my cheek instead, I was disappointed but said, "Thank you." I pulled him back and planted a kiss on him and he kissed me back before he pulled away and said, "I can't and enjoy your trip," before teleporting.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD