Chapter 27: End of the Road

1787 Words
Toffe I mind-linked my wife letting her know that I would be late for dinner and she smiled saying, "I ate already but yours is in the microwave," and I said, "See you soon, babe." She said, "Toffe wait," and I perked up, she went on to say, "Issy stop by," and, "I said, "For what? Because she didn't tell me that she was coming over," she said, "She wants you to go on a date with her," and I frowned. "We will talk about it later," and I closed the link, I was confused as to why she wanted this so badly, we broke up, and we both moved on although I can never reject her. I looked at the prisoner, Hannah, she was scared but I didn't think Aidan would kill her unless she was a threat to Ravena. After reaching our destination, I removed her gag and she was looking around at the Palace in awe, she almost forgot she was under arrest. Mace walked behind her but I could feel his uneasiness and I linked him, "Is everything okay, kid," "Yes, Uncle, I just think that I may have had too much excitement for the night," and I said, "Don't chicken out yet, we still got a lot more to come," before I give him Hannah to hold and went over to Aidan. Everyone had arrived and I watched Max on his knees with a pillowcase over his head. I could sense Issy nearby but it was faint, the bond was fully suppressed so I didn't feel her that much anymore and I had fallen out of love with her. I remember when I first laid eyes on her she was the most beautiful woman in the room and I was grateful for her, she was kind, funny, and smart and we matched each other's energy but at some point along the way, she lost her way and I didn't even recognize the woman I mated and had kids with. I never even thought that Issy being Roman's daughter would have been a problem but unfortunately, this seems to be the case, she had more of his traits than Sophie does. I do miss the earlier years together but that was the past and we were just co-parents now, I would always be there for my kids, no matter what. I am sorry I killed her husband Matthew but he was in the wrong place, wrong time and I regret it because that was the trigger Aidan needed to put me down, like a rabid dog. I would have done the same if I were in Aidan's shoes, I understood that I needed the help and he did what was best at the time. I felt for my mother though, that hurt her to see me that way and to this day she doesn't speak to Issy anymore, they are just civil for the kids' sake. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard Max scream and his memories flooded my mind, Ty had bit into him to get his deepest, darkest secrets, and boy did he have a lot to hide. Ty kicked him to the ground and told him to tell Marcella the truth but he spit on his shoes which pissed him off, I said, "Oh boy," and walked up to Max and said, "I ordered you to explain to your family the dirty deeds you did before I cut your tongue out, and by the way, my brother's shoes are worth more than your car, so don't do that again, so explain, now." He told his story which shocked everyone but he refused to tell Hannah the truth, he was evil and the look he gave her was sickening. After Kaitlyn had her way with her father, Michael was on him taking out his frustrations, Max had f****d up and he knew it was the end of th road for him. We saw the witch in his memories and Drax teleported to go find her, she was on our property, and I hope he caught her. Asher did what he had to do and so did Bolt, Hannah kicked Mace in the crown jewels before running over to Max and hugging him, and then it was time. Sheila tried to talk to her but she ignored her, I told Max to tell her the truth and he blurted it out but she didn't believe him looking at the ring on her finger. Ty shot Max killing him and then we realized that something was wrong, we looked at Hannah, outside was getting dark, the lightning started to hit the trees, and I went over and put her to sleep quickly, her powers were unbinding. Hannah was a witch and therefore not a threat to Ravena, we also learn that she was also Mace's mate. The courtyard started to clear and we had a brief meeting before everyone headed to rest for the night, I was about to go over to my quarters when I ran into Issy and she looked at me and smiled. I said, "Not now, I am beat," and she looked sad saying, "I'm sorry, I guess we can talk tomorrow," and I said, "Yep," before walking off. ***** Issy I watched everything go down from a distance, I have been keeping a low profile since Toffe was locked away, I really screwed up my marriage, my mate needed me and I just blew him off. I was angry when Matthew was killed, I admit, that I was stupid and wanted things to go my way, I always had things go my way from a young age. I started studying up on the Supremes, something I should have done a long time ago but never saw it as important. My ex-husband was telling the truth about his bloodlust and I let him go feral, I thought my mother and the others were just saying it to get me to give him my blood, how wrong I was. Back then, I was just glad to be mated to someone of high status but in reality, it meant nothing if you lose the one you love. I took Matthew's ring off finally, we were married three months after Toffe got married, and we were going to adopt as I couldn't give him a pup because I am a Supreme Mate and can only get pregnant by Toffe. He was a kind sweet soul who just loved helping people which got him killed in the end, if I had known Toffe was on edge that night, I would have done things differently. Honestly, if my jealousy hadn't gotten the best of me, I probably would have been still with Toffe, I ruined my marriage, and the way things look, it might be for good. I waited to see Toffe and I knew he would be coming this way to go to his quarters and I was right, I stopped him but he didn't want to talk to me. He was tired and I saw it in his eyes, he didn't love me anymore and I watched him walk toward his room where his wife was waiting on him. I turned to see my mother looking at me and she was about to say something but I backed off not wanting to hear anything, I changed into my wolf jumping over the balcony for the first time in years, and ran to the lake in pain and growled at the full moon, until I couldn't anymore. I blocked everyone out and stayed by the lake until I fell asleep, I was woken up when the sun hit my face, I was no longer in wolf form and I was naked. I sat there on the bench before I decided to change back and run back to the Palace, I walked in and everyone was having breakfast, my mother mind-linked me, "Are you okay, love?" I said, "I'm good," before running up the stairs to my old room, I changed and took up my car keys ready to head out to my apartment, my kids were probably up and getting ready for school. I turned to go out the door when I smelled Toffe and turned around seeing him and Tricia walking hand in hand to go have breakfast and I left. I was speeding going down the highway and I was in deep thought, I saw this falling tree in the road and stopped to move it when I was attacked by rouges who didn't know who I was. They wanted to steal my car, I was pissed and I fought then until one shot me in the spine and I fell to the ground paralyzed, it hurt and then one of the men walked over and shot me in the back of the head and I saw black. ***** Lily I felt for Issy but she brought this on herself, she will have to fix this on her own and I will help in any way I can but she has to ask for help instead of messing up at every turn. Sophie and Issy were daddy's little girls until he screwed Sophie over and she secretly hated him but Issy was his princess and he spoiled her rotten. Those traits went over to her marriage and ended up ruining it, she has started to realize her mistakes but it's a little too late. Toffe doesn't want her and I could understand his predicament but I still hold out hope they will be able to fix this. We were eating breakfast and Toffe had just joined us when I heard Issy leave, we started to talk about the next steps with Hannah when I got this pain in my chest and started sweating. Aidan looked at me and said, "What is it, love?" Then I screamed in pain holding my chest and said, "Issy," before Aidan said, "Ty," while doing a locater spell and they teleported. I was on the floor breathing heavily with my head in Michelle's lap when Toffe appeared with Issy in his hand covered in blood and said, "She was attacked," before he took her to the hospital wing. Issy was healed by Aidan but she was still unconscious and I waited. I asked, "How come she didn't heal?" He said, "Because the bond is suppressed, it would have taken a lot longer if I didn't heal her, her mind will take a while to catch up before she wakes." I closed my eyes resting my head on my mate's shoulder before I heard a moan a few hours later, she was awake.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD