Chapter 10: Denial

1840 Words
Elena It's been a few weeks since my husband came back from his business trip and I was excited to hear about it, he told me he was so fascinated to talk to Toffe and I told him, "You need to keep out of his way, we can't risk him knowing about T.J." Edward understand and kiss me to get my mind off of what madness I was thinking about, I was scared of Toffe's enemies coming after my son. Toffe has a family and seems like a good father but he has been seen out with another woman and I knew he hadn't changed, he still loved the company of other women. I guess his mate was just about the power and didn't care who he f****d and I don't feel for her one bit, my husband was the better choice anyway and he loves me and will never do anything to hurt me. I hated Toffe, I can't believe I looked up to him at one point, cared about him, even loved him, I was just a stupid naive girl back then. My mother was right, a chosen mate was the best way, love can grow eventually and it did with Edward, Edward has been my rock, my son's father and we are happy together and T.J. is living his best life with friends and people whom he considered family. I looked at the necklace my mother gave me but I never had the feeling to take it off, I love it, it is a family heirloom and I had promised to never take it off anyway. Edward decided to go and pick T.J. up from school to surprise him and I decided to go prepare a meal by the time they got back. I love it here and I know it's not permanent but hopefully, we can find somewhere we could settle down eventually. There was word of fugitives hiding out from the Supremes and we were supposed to keep an eye out in case we saw them or had any interaction with them but it was not my problem. I met up with this nice pregnant lady who had moved here a while back and we became friends, her husband works at the local high school and they seem to fit into our community well. I have planned a nice shopping day with her and hopefully, a dinner for the four of us, I explained everything to Edward about my plans and he was on board. Later that week, Edward had invited Tyler and his wife, Lani to attend the dinner, T.J. was staying with our neighbor until we got back as his kids were friends with T.J. They told us that they were transfers from the Academy, that it was one of the best schools for the supernatural and when they have their child, they will move back there eventually for their education. Edward looked at me and said, "We should think of going back," and I smiled saying, "This was a conversation for another time." After dinner, we decided to let our son sleep over as he was already asleep and went over to our house to have alone time together. Edward always knew how to get my mind off things and make me feel so comfortable around him, my mind did think of Toffe at times and I usually close my eyes to get him out of my head, but I have been thinking about him a lot lately and it was driving me insane so I did the only thing that makes me forget, I made love to my husband before drifting off into a peaceful sleep. ****** Belladonna I have been keeping a close eye on my daughter and grandson, she has been touched by the Supreme, and this is not what I expected. She is part of a treaty with her husband's pack that stems from a dispute years ago, she was payment to the Beta for his son after my father killed his daughter by accident. That was the only way to spare our family from slavery or death, I didn't want her to know this part of our history but since I was part witch with Josephine's coven, she made sure that the necklace would force her to love Edward keeping her and her true mate apart even if they found each other. I usually enforced the energy in the necklace so she doesn't have second thoughts, once she gets a child for Edward, I don't think anything will break them apart. The pregnancy was unexpected, it nearly got us killed but Edward mated her anyway as long as T.J. thinks of him as his father. I love my daughter and my husband but desperate measures called for desperate times and a debt had to be repaid. Elena doesn't know any of this because she would be against it, that's why I pressured her to come back and mate Edward, his family was calling on payment and I needed to act like it was a choice, and in reality, it wasn't, we would have forced her if it came to that. Josephine has been a good leader in the coven, she has taken care of me and all that she asked was, that Elena keep her promise to Edward and stay away from Toffe. I didn't know that she knew who Toffe was but she said they had history years ago and I knew she was old but she never said how old she was. I met her once years ago when I was pregnant with Elena, and she put the spell on the necklace and we signed the contract in blood, Elena would be Edwards's betrothed once I gave birth to her. This ties into the debt that we owe Edward's father, Elena had been putting it off because she wanted to meet her mate but time was running out and I made her promise that after her training, she would come back and do her duty to the family. She couldn't be with her mate even if she met him, Josephine would not have allowed it but she got her heart broken and that gave me the push that I needed to get her mated and it worked out in the end. My grandson was a Supreme Heir and I told Josephine about it, about their issues and she promised to help cloak them from his father and that's why Toffe will never find him, Elena could live her life in peace. Elena just needs to stay focused on her family and forget all about T.J.'s father, he is better off and Edward is a great father to him. ****** A Few Weeks Later Toffe I had leads on Marcella's whereabouts as Ty sent them to me, we were at property number twelve when I saw a kid who reminded me of myself when I was eight or nine running behind my brother wanting to be just like him. If I didn't know any better, I would think he was mine but I just smiled that I have a family that I love after everything that Roman put me through, something I thought would never happen, I thought I would have been imprisoned until I died. Although Ty and I have not completed our triad yet, we both still love our mates and they know that our other mate will appear someday. Well, maybe not looking forward to it as Issy is very possessive, my blood lust doesn't help that I prefer blood from the vein more than the bag. Hence, why I have a concubine, I mean, I do drink from the bag but the vein is just exquisite. I heard my men checking out the property bringing me out of my thoughts and I was watching the boy as if he was one of my own. I smiled and said, "I need to see my family, I have been away far too long." Knut agreed that we missed our family but Davien was quiet observing the boy, he said, "Something seems familiar about him," Knut smiled and said, "I hope we were careful in our moments of passion, we did not always use protection," and I said, "Of course, we were," and went to the house. I entered the house and I could sense the magic, they were just here but we missed them, someone gave them a heads up as I linked Ty to check everyone's blood that was on this mission before alerting anyone. I walked around the house inspecting it, the TV was on and the lasagna was still warm. They had a nursery seems like someone is getting a baby and I picked up Marcella's cell phone, will go through it once I get back. I saw where she opened the portal and I wondered if my new trick would work and started chanting an ancient spell that opened a portal to where they went, I was a few minutes too late as the car had already left. I went back to the Palace and gave the phone to Amon who then handed it to Felix to get what information we could get from the phone. I walked to my room and my mate was in her PJs watching crime dramas for the supernatural, due to popular belief, we do have criminals in the supernatural world, Issy was eating popcorn and I just went over and kissed her. I missed her for far too long and will spend time with the kids this weekend, maybe work on having another pup later. I walked out of the shower and she looked at me saying I was distracting her as she looked at my chest and handed me a glass of blood, I said, "Is it yours?" She replied, "No," very quickly and I smiled nervously and said, "Tricia?" She frowns and says, "No, I had an omega open her vein," and I kiss her saying, "You didn't have to do that." I was beginning to think she was jealous of Tricia, but I put it to the back of my mind, I was later relaxing after our lovemaking, Issy was asleep and my mind drifted back to the boy I saw in Hawaii, Knut my wolf said, "We didn't f**k any she-wolves or anyone from Hawaii," and Davien my vampire snickered and said, "We don't have any more kids outside our mating, I hope," and I said, "I hope? What do you mean, I hope? I have only ever been with about five women, who I know for a fact never got pregnant besides our mate." Knut said, "Are you sure?" I couldn't believe we were having this discussion again before I decided to block them, although what they said was true, I couldn't quite figure out why would I be thinking about this random boy all of a sudden, however, I cuddled with my mate before drifting off to sleep.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD