Chapter 35: Life Changes

1940 Words
One Year Later T.J. Baye had completely disappeared from school and no one saw her, I had started hanging out with a couple of friends doing things I could be arrested for and Malia hated being home since my father and the gang killed her mother. After dropping her off, my mind eventually thought of Baye for some reason, it's like I could sense her sorrow and I got my stuff and headed out to her house, she was home alone and no one answered the door. I felt uneasy and broke in from the back and headed up to her room, she was in the bathroom, and I could hear the water running but nothing. I pushed the door and she was in the bathtub with a razor ready to cut her wrist, she was crying and I stopped her, she looked at me lost and I asked, "What are you doing, Baye? Nothing or no one deserves this, deserve your tears and life." I pulled her out of the bathtub and she hugged me, feeling the tingles of our bond, it was stronger than before. My wolf whimpered, feeling for our mate, and my vampire was there, I felt him but he hadn't introduced himself to me or told me his name. Baye rested her head on my shoulder and I laid her on the bed and she told me, " Please don't leave me," so I got in bed with her and cuddled with her. The bond was strong and before I knew it, I was f*****g her brains out, I had to hold myself back from marking her and as I lay down in bed next to her, hearing her sleep, I knew that I had f****d up because the bond would only get stronger from there. I looked at my phone when it vibrated and it was Malia and I jumped up realizing I had just cheated on my girlfriend. I left quietly and got on my bike before I was in my father's garage, not remembering how I got there, he opened the door and said, "We are talking and that's final, no more excuses or dogging me," so I sat down realizing, it was now or never and let him explain himself. I looked at my father, he had grown a beard and had additional tattoos, rumor has it he lost his mate a few months ago and was buried in a specialized tomb that no one could enter. Her memorial is in the square for those who still want to pay respect, everyone said he had changed but he looks like the same deadbeat to me. He offered me a scotch and I took it, he looked dead inside and I felt for him, he smiled and said, "We should have that talk, now." We actually had a good talk and I learned so much that was not written down in books, he taught me basic spells and I was grateful. He said, "Let me make things right between us, T.J.," and I said, "We can start with dinner tomorrow," and he said, "Seven, don't be late," and I went home. I was in deep thought thinking about what he told me, he and my mother were separated because of a spell if not he would have known that she was his mate and my life would have been different. I had renovated the garage into a studio apartment and when I got home my parents were arguing again, I wished they would reject each other and I went to my little apartment. I thought about what my father said as he placed a stronger protection spell on me and I do not feel much anger towards him anymore. I woke up to a voice in my head I didn't recognize and it was my vampire finally, he said, "Our father released me from the spell, I wanted to talk to you for a long time, whatever you do, don't drink or eat anything from our grandmother, our father was telling the truth and he loves us, we were spelled," and I was confused but my wolf agreed with him, he finally told me that his name was, Ryot. ****** Toffe Since Issy left us or should I say, told the kids of her demise, they were angry at me and we tried desperately to save her, we used spells and potions to slow down her aging, which worked for a while, but she started having human ailments from old age and I was watching her die slowly. She had told me, "Just go back to work, you are not obligated to be here," but Aidan gave me the time to be with her in her final moments, when she passed, the triplets blocked me and moved away from me. Tori was my youngest and stayed with me, my kids were angry that I couldn't save their mother, and I was angry at myself. I was one of the most powerful beings alive and couldn't save the one person my kids asked me to. I tried everything, I tried to remark her, but it didn't stick, I tried changing her to a vampire but it didn't work, even Aidan tried as his power as King was stronger, and nothing. I meditated to talk to the moon goddess and she explained Issy would die as we took the gift of fated mates and threw it back in her face and it was punishment, so no one would ever do it again. Issy was the driving force behind everyone making it work with their fated mate, she gave us special mates to sustain us, and we suppressed a very sacred bond hurting Alyssa in the progress, Alyssa was in pain and no one knew. She told me she would think about giving me a second chance mate but I needed to work on things with Elena first and prove I am worthy of having a mate again or I may eventually get my wish of being put down for good. Issy and I, if stayed apart, would have tipped the balance with the Supreme Power making everyone weaker, we are all linked and the power stayed with us for a reason, we shouldn't have separated and we did, now Issy is gone. I will never forgive myself for the demise of my family unit, I should have fought harder, and I will never make this mistake again. I returned to the office a few weeks ago and everyone felt sorry for me but I nipped it in the bud that I was going to be okay and treated me no different than a family member who lost a loved one and the office remained neutral. I had dived right back into the business and Tibbs walked in after being on land for a while wanting to go lunch with me and discussed the sightings of Teku, he has been hunting him for a while now. Tibbs was here for Issy's funeral and hasn't been home since, filling in for me and I was grateful. My heart was heavy and I decided to fight for Elena and hopefully be blessed with another mate when I make things right. Tricia is mated and married to Varek and I was happy for them, the surprise on my face when I found out but I was going through it, and Tricia was still there to help in any way, even helping with her blood in a cup or blood bag. Sometimes I was haunted by her final moments, the look of peace that we were all there to see her go, and as she took her last breath, I looked at the anger on my kid's face as they rejected their parental bond and never looked back. ******* Day Issy Died Issy I was weak and barely able to breathe, I was on oxygen and had private nurses, the sun came up and I felt like it was my final sunrise. I was ready and accepted that it was my time, if only I had listened and understood the order of things, all of this could have been avoided. I will never be a grandmother, or see my kids' weddings, graduations, jobs, or anything but I promise to always watch over them if I am allowed. The doctor called my family informing them I don't have much time and my kids were pulled from school immediately. Over the past months, I had broken bones, dizzy spells, high blood pressure, cuts, and bruises taking long to heal and the rest couldn't heal me after a while, this was punishment for hurting Alyssa, my best friend since I was thirteen. I had the best memories with my family as my time got shorter, I was partially blind now, only seeing shades and the outline of people, my hair was grey and I was frail and my skin was wrinkled. I was in a wheelchair for a few months until I became bedbound just a few days ago. I closed my eyes and Selene said, "It is time to say your goodbyes, I will let you see them for the last," My eyesight cleared up and I waited for my family to show. My mother was the first to reach me as she wasn't far from here and she kissed my cheek, I felt her tears, I couldn't speak so I just looked at her with so much love hoping she felt it and she held her heart saying, "I love you, baby girl, I will watch over the children for you," and Aidan appeared behind her and with tears in his eyes saying, "We love you," and then I saw Kyan, he was a wreck. Everyone was in the room and Ty kissed my forehead, saying, "Sleep well," and Lora hugged me, I even got to say goodbye to Bethany and Garry who were crying a bucket of tears. I saw my boys, they were neutral but I knew they were hurting, Tabbie had Tori and was crying. Toffe arrived and his eyes were puffy from crying, he held my hand and my heart was slowing down, they were all here, I could feel their love for me and I was contented. I wanted to tell Toffe that I love him and always will but I couldn't and then I saw my father. He was in the corner of the room smiling and lip-syncing, "I love you," and I smiled back, he walked next to me and I felt his love as well, he was evil but loved me and was here in the end. Michelle showed me on her tablet that the people of Ravena had candlelight and were crying showing their respect because I was dying. Toffe removed my oxygen mask, kissed my lips and I closed my eyes taking my last breath, it was dark for a while and I opened my eyes, I was young again. I was in a lovely garden and I saw a demon with my father in chains and he was allowed to hug me. He said, "I am so sorry, my baby girl, I hope you find true peace here," then he was led back through a portal to the underworld. Selene walked up to me and said, "Sorry this had to happen but you are my rulers, if my rulers don't follow rules, then what is the point?" I bowed as I cried, and she said, "If Toffe succeeds in his task, I will think about sending you back reincarnated."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD