Chapter 30: Back to Oceania

1739 Words
Toffe As the months went on, so many things happened, we still were trying to track whoever was doing the killing in the Kingdom and realized it had been happening for years on the down-low, even when I went rogue and was gone for two years. Vivianne has been doing her sneak attacks on us only pissing us off more and it was frustrating but will make her death more worthwhile, we also were looking for a way to unlink Johrir from her so we won't kill him. Sheila was attacked when she was out with Addison and she ended up with a serious blood lust that Ty had to help her curve, they were attacked and then we had to pull some black goo out of both of them realizing that Hannah was a very powerful witch. I had eyes on Issy for a while now, I visited her a while back and she seemed off but she showed me that she had started working out and keeping in shape and I was glad she started training again, she had a personal trainer and I was happy for her. Her brain injury was fully healed and she was getting back to normal, I had felt bad her wolf wasn't healing her like she used to but she had been dormant for months, no one sensed her, not even me but Aidan said she was there. Knut tried reaching out to her but got nothing, it's like Alyssa just vanished leaving Issy vulnerable and I put another guard beside Lane, on her. I could read Issy's blood as she gave countless supplies but I won't invade her privacy unless I have to and right now, it's not necessary. I was going over some papers related to Oceania and I would be visiting Tibbs soon, he has been staying there a few months to sort out some things before he returns. I remember I had promised to take Issy with me and decided a two-hour trip couldn't hurt, I linked her but no answer so I teleported to the apartment and knocked. I heard talking like someone else was in the room and entered seeing Issy closing a book and smiling looking all frazzled, I asked, "What's wrong?" She said, "Nothing, I just reading up on history," and I walked over to the book and it had spells about raising the dead. I asked her about it and she said, "It was a fascinating book so I wanted to read it," I said, "I am taking you on a visit to Oceania." Her eyes started to zone out and she said, "It's okay, you don't have to fulfill your promise, that was years ago when things were different," and she looked away saying, "Plus, I got things to do," and I said, "You are going," before we teleported to the portal. She said, "Will it be cold? Will it be wet?" I smiled, and she said, "Of course, it's wet, what was I thinking?" She started hitting her forehead saying, "Stupid, stupid, stupid," and I stopped her and said, "Relax, Issy." I looked at her and she was in deep thought playing with her fingers and said, "Do I need a bathing suit?" She started looking at herself and I said, "Issy, stop, you are fine," and put us in a bubble before diving into Oceania and she was excited. I saw the light in her eyes again as she saw all the different sea creatures, the buildings, and the Palace ahead, when we reached there, we were greeted by guards who bowed and led us over to King Tiberius. ***** Issy I was having a great time in Oceania and Tibbs was doing such a good job, Lora was there being pampered in a spa and I joined her, she asked me about how things were going between me and Toffe and I said, "There is nothing between me and Toffe." I lost my train of thought back to the night he stood me up, that was the night I realized it was over and there was no going back so I started to move on. Alyssa left me that night and never returned, she made it clear she was never coming back and I can't change into my wolf anymore. I was a failure just like my father said, I was useless, I didn't deserve anything I had, I didn't work hard enough for it and Lora snapped her fingers in front of me and said, "Are you okay," I said, "Yes, I have a lot on my mind lately that's all," and we had lunch together, the food there was amazing. After the meeting, I saw Drax walk in and sit next to Lora and kiss her and I got up to walk away and it amazes me how we could walk down here. I was in this library looking for spell books but time was running out and I heard my dad say, "Find the damn book and bring me back you weakling, if you want me to help you to be the strong person so a man can look at you again, get the spell before the next blood moon." I closed my eyes and saw him laughing at me and my hand shook, so I opened them and saw Toffe walking up to me and I smiled, he said, "Ready to go," and I nodded yes. I reached back to my apartment and I thanked him for the tour and he said, "Issy, what are you not telling me, where is, Alyssa?" I smiled, "She is gone, I guess but I am fine with it," before I turned to walk away, he teleported in front of me and said, "Let me talk to her," and I said, "Go ahead," and stopped my voice from breaking. Toffe eyes flicked gold and I knew it was, Knut, he said, "Alyssa, talk to me," and I stared at him, nothing happened, I just didn't feel her and he said, "Tell me what happened?" I said as my voice broke and tears fell, "She lost the other half of her," and I ran up the stairs closing the door. I sat behind the door and cried, I knew he was outside the door and I never wanted him to see me as this weak person, I really didn't but I just wanted to be alone. I was going to make an appointment with a therapist so I could get over everything and live my life. I sat there for hours and didn't even know when he left but the house was dark and my father appeared in the mirror again and said, "I told you, he never wanted you, you should just forget about all of them, work with me, help me crossover." I closed my eyes and I don't know when I fell asleep but I woke up in the morning still behind the door on the ground curled up in the fetal position. ***** Two Weeks Later I was seeing, Emerie, as my therapist and she assured me, that everything was confidential and that it felt better to talk about my feelings. I didn't tell her about my visions of my father because everyone would probably think I was crazy, I told her I wasn't sure about dating again but it was a possibility in the future. My kids are getting older and soon they will be out of the house and on their own, I will get a dog or cat and live out my days with someone if I decide to. I had told her that I planned to go to Aidan when my last child turned eighteen and asked to move to the human territory because I was practically human now. Humans don't need mates and I could love again without the supernatural stuff, maybe change my name. Emerie said, "Have you talked to, Toffe," I said, "There is nothing to talk about, really, he moved on and I need to move on too." After my session, I was leaving for on the express train as I did it this way so no one knew about my therapist. I knew Toffe was handling something in Vampora and I didn't need to know the details, I was his ex, and that was reality. I reached the library, got a book that was ancient, and headed home, I was collecting potions, I had located where my father's ashes were, and all I needed was a host for his essence. I got home and my mother along with Toffe, Aidan, and Ty was waiting on me, I smiled asking, "Why did no one call?" I saw Aidan staring at me and I said, "What is it?" He looked at Ty and Toffe saying, "I am linking her, she is not getting it," and Toffe said, "Alyssa, wake up," I said, "Go away," and tried to leave but Ty started chanting this spell and I started speaking a language I did not understand, "Vasculum meum solus desere, mea est,"(Leave my vessel alone, she is mine.) Toffe said, "Egredere de corpore meo mate daemonium," (Get out of my mate's body you, demon.) He joined the chant along with Aidan and King Samuel's third-in-command Kuron, showed up with a jar, and said, "There is my escaped prisoner." I fell to the ground shaking and Kuron put this symbol on my chest as I screamed in pain but it wasn't my voice and then I felt lighter and then Kuron shut the jar and said, "Sorry, Your Majesty, he escaped the night Issy was attacked and got inside her body knowing full well who she was." Ty said, "But she had no signs until after Toffe was helping with a problem we had in Faeora, Troll territory," and Kuron said, "It was slowly driving her crazy until it had enough life force to move to another vessel that would explain her suppressed wolf," and I was helped up by my mother and Adina said, "Alyssa, honey, can you hear me?" I was in the back seat as she said, "Mom, what happened?" After everything was settled, I could feel my wolf again but she was still angry at me and remained quiet for another few days until I got a link from Toffe asking to talk and she perked up.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD