28. Level Orange

1910 Words
"Summon Dipak and Marcus to medical immediately." He carries me into a room and lays me on a cold hard bed. "Hi sweetie, I'm the doctor. Do you remember me?" I nod. "Good. Dipak go talk to them. They are not permitted near her." "Alright. I'll tell them what I know." "What happened?" "He spanked me cause of Nova." "What did he hit you with?" "Something wood, his hand, and a belt." "Can you take off your underwear for me, so I can examine you? I have to figure out where this is coming from. You can have 1 mate in here if you want." I shake my head. "They're all mad." "Put on this gown. I'm going to send a female advocate in to assist. Then I will return." "Hi Nadine. I'm Shela. I'm going to help you put on the gown. Is that alright?" She gets the gown on me and helps me lay back down. I'm starting to calm down, but it still hurts. And the dress has quite a bit of blood on it. That means the dragon isn't healing me again. Shela sits beside me and holds my hand while I cry. "Your advocate will be here in a minute hun." "It hurts." "I know sweetie." She rubs my hair. "Hi Nadine, I'm Amy. I'm here to help in this case." She sits down and Shela leaves. "You're in good hands. I understand he hit you with objects and something broke the skin?" I try to lift the gown and show her. "No sweetie. I'm not the doctor. I'm here so you're not the only female in the room, ok?" "Ok." "What I will do is make sure you're not alone with a male. I also make sure you are safe and free from harm before you are released. I will make sure you feel safe. But for now, we are going to get your medical treatment. After that, we can worry about the other things." "Ok." "Great." The doctor comes in. "Thank you for coming Amy. She was having concerns about her mates being mad." "That's ok. I'm here. I'm not mad. Let's get you treated and healed for now." "Please lift her gown, so I can see what's not healing and try to figure out why." Amy lifts my gown and the doctor checks my stomach and hip. Then he rolls me over. "I can heal this cut with spray. Her butt is going to bruise badly though. Do you have any idea why it isn't healing on its own?" "Dipak beat me with dragon strength before. The dragon wouldn't heal that either." Amy's eyebrows shoot up. The doctor sprays on my cut. It feels better. My butt still hurts like hell, but the stinging on my hip and stomach is gone. "She is going to be hurting for at least 2 days. It is bruising already. Can you 2 please decide if she wants to be awake for that." "Of course." She rubs my hair. "What are you thinking? It's going to hurt if you stay awake. But you will be given sleep and pain medicine if you chose that path. If you wish to sleep for a couple of days, your body will be able to concentrate on healing a little more. The healing part will go faster." I shrug my shoulders. "This is a lot to handle. I would suggest sleeping for 2 days. Then we can reassess the situation. Does that sound ok? You will stay here and safe for 2 days while your body heals. When you wake up, we can talk some more." "Will you be here?" "I will be here when you wake up, and you will be placed under guard. Also, if anyone wants to see you, doctors, nurses, friends, anyone, I will be summoned, and I will be in the room the entire time." "Ok." "You rest and heal. I'll make sure you're taken care of." "Thank you." 2 days later... I open my eyes and Amy smiles at me. She is on 1 side and the doctor is on the other. No one else is here. Not even Kane. "Who are you looking for, Nadine?" "Kane. He always watches over me." "Has Kane ever hurt you?" I shake my head. "Nadine, you'll be in a little pain for another day or 2. I'm sending you some pain medicine for 2 days. Amy will have that because you're still considered a child. Most of the bruising is gone, but there is still a little more. Your body did take over and heal quicker like I was hoping. So, medically, I am able to release you to Amy." "Ok." "This is great news. Your body healed very well. Now we can talk in my office about what happened. But first, I'm going to show you the next place you're going to stay. You'll have your own apartment. You may also have visitors, if they are granted access to you. They will be able to bring you things if you need them." "Why can't I go home?" "We can talk about that in my office. We will get you home as soon as we can. For now, let's get your room and a nice bath. Maybe something to eat." "Ok." I stand up and nearly fall over. The doctor puts me in a wheelchair. "The drugs can take an hour or so to wear off. You need to go slow." Amy takes me out a hidden back door. It is not the way I came in. She pushes me in an elevator and I hear it ding. It only has 3 buttons. She does an eye scan and pushes 1 of them. "Where are we going?" "I have 2 areas I run on this ship. 1 is for abused children. The other is for abused mates. You would technically fall into either, but I am putting you on the abused child level. There are more entertaining things to do there, and you'll have the whole level to yourself." "That sounds nice." She pushes me into the kid level. It's walled off with windows and a big door. She does another eye scan. It pops open. 2 women are sitting at a desk. "Welcome Nadine. We'll be sitting right here if you need anything. If you have questions or need a hug, we're right here." "Thank you." Then I turn and see a box of stuffed animals. I want to jump in it. Amy laughs and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Remember the drugs are still in your system. You can have those after a bath and food... I do think we're on the correct level." She pushes me down a hall and into an apartment. We go into a sitting room with a kitchen off the side of it. There's a little bar to sit and eat in the middle of the room. Then down a hallway is a bedroom. The bathroom is completely separate, and the bath is not big. It's more of a shower. It has a toilet and a sink in the same room too. "This is your room. You'll be here for a few days until we can get everything sorted out." "Ok." "As for the room, you have your own tv, food maker is right by the bar here. The ship will still make you food. But there are also some snack foods and drinks in the refrigerator. It keeps them nice and cold. There are some cheeses, meats, and fruits if you want a snack. Now the bedroom has the clothing closet you are used to. You say what you want to wear, and the ship puts it in there. Now the bathroom is probably exactly what you're use too. Take your shower or bath. Towels are in here. Your personal servant, Mary, sent up a box of things for you. She sent up some soap and oils she said you would like. So those are in your shower." "Thank you. I do love those." "I will send in a ship servant to assist you with the bath." "A ship servant?" "I believe you call them brains. They are humanoids created by the ship." "I know what they are then." "The servant will assist you with a bath and some food. Then she will direct you to my office." "Thank you." "My pleasure." The brain helps me into the shower and stands there, so I don't fall. It helps with my hair. Once I'm done, I go to the closet. "Human dress and underwear please." "User choice not permitted." "What is permitted?" "This list. You are permitted anything from the list to ask for." Dress, shorts, pants, t-shirt, tank top, sweater, underwear, bra, socks, tennis shoes, flat shoes, sandals. There are not a lot of options. "Dress and underwear please." An orange dress and underwear are in the closet. The dress is more like a long t-shirt. But it goes to my knees. It's horrible. I throw it back in. "Pants and tank top please?" I pull out baggy pants and a tighter tank top with little straps. I guess this works. "Why is everything bright orange?" "The clothes for this level are orange." "Tennis shoes and socks please." The socks are orange, but the shoes are bright white. At least I won't be all in orange. I'm like a piece of fruit already. "Cheese pizza please." "User choice not permitted for breakfast." The brain hands me a menu. Breakfast says and has pictures of, toast, biscuits, cereal, donuts, eggs, ham, bacon, sausage, sausage gravy, shredded potato, fruit, yogurt, juice, milk, blood. You must chose at least 1 per category. "Toast and the eggs you dunk toast in and some grapes please." "Drink choice?" "Blood and milk." I eat in silence. Then I pick out a bear and take it with me to Amy's office. The brain knocks on her door. "Enter." Marcus is sitting on a chair. She is behind her desk. My whole body shakes. "Angel, I'm not mad. We are not mad at you." "Yes." "No, I'm not." The tears fall out of my eyes and I run to him. I cuddle up on his lap, and he wraps his arms around me. I hug bear and him. "She has what? 5 of you? 5 grown men against 1 abused child? She is scared to death. Why was anyone even hitting her to begin with? Communication and love change behavior patterns. She is being conditioned by fear. She shouldn't be afraid around any of you. You are her protectors. Marcus step out." He puts me in the chair and walks out. He closes the door behind him. "Nadine, your mates elected Marcus to have visitation with you, as you want. He would be granted access to your apartment and the entire orange level community rooms. I do not have a problem with this. From what I understand, he has never abused or hit you in any way. However, the choice is yours. Do you feel safe around him?" I nod. "Do you want him to have access to you?... Nadine." She waits for me to look at her. "If you say no, I will tell him that I refused him access. He will never know it was you. Do you want him to have access to you?" "Yes." I hear a ding. "Send Marcus back in."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD