29. Pizza And Bacon

1534 Words
Marcus holds me on his lap. "Marcus, you are being granted access to the orange level. Nadine is being assigned 4 doctors. She will be going to 4 therapies daily." "Like painting?" "No sweetie. These doctors are therapists and psychologists. They will talk to you about how you're dealing with the abuse and trauma. We are aware this is not a 1-time occurrence, it is recurrent. Multiple times with Michael. 1 brutal attack by Dipak. You will be seeing 2 doctors for abused children, 1 for abused women, and 1 for abused mates. You also have an interview with a s****l abuse counselor for children in 30 minutes. She will decide if we need to go down that road or not." I snuggle into Marcus and hug bear. "Why am I in trouble?" "You're not in trouble, angel. They are making sure you're safe." "Marcus, you have been authorized access to the orange level community rooms and Nadine's apartment. When you are here you need to wear this around your neck. It will get you in the door and identify you." She hands him a card on a black cord. "Please keep in mind you can not enter whenever you want. She will need to approve your entry. They will not wake her up or pull her out of a therapy session to ask about you. So be prepared to wait to get in if you show up without her summoning you. Also, any items you bring for her will be searched before she gets them. You are also not permitted to bring her clothes. And if you attempt to hurt any child on the level, you will be arrested immediately. Do you understand and agree?" "Yes." He kisses my head. "Great. Nadine, your pain medicine has been given to the nurses at the desk right when you walk onto your level. All you need to do is ask them for it." "Ok." "Do you want some of that now?" I nod. "I'll walk you to the orange area and make sure you understand how to get it. Marcus, you are free to go with her. You are also free to sit in the waiting area while she speaks with the counselor in 30 minutes. Appointments usually last between 30 and 90 minutes. Or she can summon you back if she doesn't need a nap or anything when it's over. But you 2 can decide that." She leads us over to the orange level. The 2 ladies smile at us. "How are you feeling?" "These are the 2 you can ask for your pain medicine from. Go ahead and do that." I hug the bear. Marcus opens his mouth and Amy says, "No." "Can I have some pain medicine?" "Of course, sweetie. I'll get that right now." One of them goes into another locked room. The other stands. "Remember you can come ask for anything. Even a hug. We love hugs." I run to her. She wraps her arms around me. I wrap my arms around her, and we hug. "Oh this is nice. We're even giving bear a hug." I laugh. "He's a little smashed though." "I'm sure he liked it just the same. Everyone likes hugs, right?" I smile and nod. "Alright, I have it right here. You put it in your mouth with some water and swallow it. Good job." I smile at her too. I like them. "This is Marcus. He's been granted access to her. He has his card." "She will need to approve you every time you try to come in. And we will not wake her up or get her out of an appointment. Please be aware of that." "Yes. Thank you." "You have free time for about 25 minutes. You can show Marcus your room or anything you want. Then the brain will show you to your appointment." I drag Marcus over to the big box of stuffed animals. "Look at them." "You're in heaven, aren't you angel?" He gives me a hug and kisses my head. "I missed you." I shake my head. "Yes I did." "I'm to young. I wish I had never met any of you. I keep making everyone mad. I want to stay here alone until I'm older." "No angel. We love you so much. And we do make mistakes. But none of us could imagine our lives without you. Please don't say that." I hold my bear and start sobbing. A nurse comes over. "That was enough for a visit. The exit is over there." He hugs me so tight. "Summon me back when your meeting is over angel. I'll probably be right outside. I love you so much." I snuggle into him. "I love you too." "Summon me when you get out of your appointment please? I need to go tell them I was able to talk to you and see you. We are worried sick." "Why?" "We couldn't get to you angel. But now I can." He hugs and kisses my head again. "It is time for your appointment, Nadine. Please follow me." Marcus and I follow the brain. The nurse goes over and sits back down. "Nadine is here for her appointment." A pretty lady comes out into the hallway. "Come on in Nadine. We'll chat for a bit. Marcus feel free to wait out here or there is a waiting room across the hall. It has coffee and a few snacks in it. I'll let you know when we're done." "Thank you." 2 hours later... Marcus is still sitting there. "There is no s****l abuse, but there is s****l trauma. She is a little girl. The things you boys are doing with her, she is not processing threw. She is not being communicated with about them. You keep adding more and more to what you're doing with her without even considering her emotions. She does not understand it. She's doing things because you enjoy them. You need to slow down and communicate more. Make sure she is ok in certain situations before you proceed with anything sexual." "We can do that." "I am not recommending s****l abuse counseling. As long as you are communicating with her, she will be fine. Remember she's young. And yes, she is your mate, but that doesn't mean you can do whatever you want." "Thank you doctor." He puts an arm around me. I lay my head on his shoulder. "I think she might need a nap. The pain medicine sometimes does that to kids. You 2 have a good rest of the day." "You too." She was nice. Marcus kisses my head. "Show me this apartment I've heard about." The nurses at the desk smile at us. "I got your schedule. You missed 1 of the appointments, so I moved it to this evening. Then I was told we will be arriving at META right before dinner. Would you like to have dinner and ride a few rides tonight? We can go with you." I shake my head. "I want to stay here." "That's fine too. This is your schedule for today and the next 2 days. You have free time for the next 2 hours if you want to keep visiting." I nod. "Your next appointment is after lunch then. I'll send a brain to come and get you." I take the schedules and Marcus to my apartment. I push him down on the couch. I think I'm sleeping on his lap before I even sit on his lap. He wakes me up by rubbing my back. We're in my bed. I stretch. Dipak's feather is red. Marcus must have been talking to them while I was asleep. I stretch again. "I can't wake up Marcus." "It's the medicine angel. You should probably take it before bed. Not first thing in the morning. You need to eat something before your next appointment. I didn't want to wake you up at the last minute." He carries me to the bar table. "You want some cheese pizza and juice?" "Cheese pizza and juice." "Please select a vegetable and meat." "Peppers." I scratch my head. "Bacon?" Ding Marcus gets the food out and sets it in front of me. Ding He opens it, and it's the same food again. I giggle. "I guess you have to eat what I do." "Glad I like pizza and bacon then." I fall asleep 3 times with food in my mouth. He helps me stand up. "Angel, take that medicine only at night please." "Yea, I am tired. Is it bedtime?" "Not yet." "ENTER." Someone comes in that I don't know. I lay my head on Marcus and close my eyes. "Did they give her pain medicine?" "Yes they did. I am trying to wake her up." "Don't worry about it. I'll cancel the next 2 appointments. That'll give her 3 hours to sleep it off. If she goes to META tonight, that will be perfect timing. She should be good by then." "You have a nice long nap, Nadine. I will see you tomorrow." "Good night." Marcus picks me up. "Let's put you back in bed. We'll try getting up again at dinner time, angel."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD