15 - Rayne's New Home

952 Words
The over fifteen thousand square foot ranch was sprawling, striking. The main house was in need of many upgrades and some new paint colors to help the aged look be more up to date. But there were several ponds, trails and it even came with two brand new golf carts for inner acre travel. The ladies were ecstatic. The lands were mostly green grassed, rolling terrain with a healthy mix of several types of trees. A wooden draw stood in the middle of the property slightly to the left side. Driving in, the deer population looked to be healthy, as several white tails were seen amiss the wooded edge.  Reading up on all the details it was also a well-watered ranch with five wells and five stock tanks. The most beautiful sight however was the walk out the front door of the main house. Not too far of a walk was a small path that led direction to a large pond with windmill.  The edges of the pond had obviously been worked and well-manicured by the previous tenants. There were several nice trees that provided a cool shady spot for the summer heat.  This place was a dream.  “Good afternoon all! I am Leslie Proctor, your real estate agent for the day.” She shook everyone’s hand individually and showed the way into the main house. It was rustic with a hint of modern contemporary. The tones throughout were golden sand, beige and tans. It was beautiful but definitely needed some better placed furniture and colors in the bathrooms and bedrooms. Leslie, the real estate agent was talking the whole time. Rayne had tuned her out and was busy walking through the kitchen touching the marble counters and perfectly placed island. This kitchen was a dream. The marble reminded her of the house she and the brothers lived in for that year. The layout was similar and it brought back memories.  “And in here is the kitchen. All appliances are only a year old; the countertop and floor was just redone a year ago as well.” Leslie said with a hint of desperation in her voice.  “So, the asking price is nine and half million?” Kris asked bluntly. “Yes they have reduced the price twice now. I still have the other home on the property to show you and more of the grounds. There are many deer, hogs and doves on the property if you like hunting. The lake near the wooded draw is full of fish as well.”  “Let’s take a look at Rayne’s home and see what she thinks. While we take it in for ourselves can you please call your client and ask them what cash price, paid once in full, they would be willing to take.”  Leslie’s eyes widened and she nodded. The commission on this property would definitely make anyone’s eyes widen at the thought of payment at once in full.  After a few minutes ride the charming home on the other end of the property. It came into the clearing and looked to be half the size of the main house. It was styled mainly the same as the main house. Three bedrooms, two and a half baths, office, living room, den and amply sized kitchen with eat in and formal dining room was the floorplan. The vaulted ceiling in the living room was breathtaking and Rayne was in love. This home wasn’t furnished like the main house but it was still the same warm tone colors with bamboo wood floors and travertine tile in the baths and kitchen. The kitchen was grey and white tones keeping it clean and inviting.  Leaning into Rayne from behind, “What do you think sis. You like it?”  She turned and looked at Kris straight faced. “I love it but I will be selling my home and purchasing this one with the acreage from you. No handouts. Understand?”  He snickered. She would never change. “Yes sunshine. I am going to pay in full for the property and we will draw up papers so you can purchase and pay yours off at leisure. I wouldn’t dream of giving you anything for free because you are my sister.”  Rayne hugged him and laughed.  Miranda walked over to them both and joined in the hug. “So what are we thinking my love?” Miranda asked Kris.  “Well I am going to buy it; we are moving in the other house and Rayne will live here. She is purchasing hers from us though… because she insists.”  Miranda laughed and rolled her eyes, hugging Rayne. “Of course she did.”  They walked to where the kids were sitting in the middle of the living room making sounds that echoed off the floor and walls. They were giggling intensely between sounds.  “So did you get an answer?” Kris asked Leslie, the realtor.  “The owner said she will take nine flat if you finish the deal by the weekend.” Leslie said. “The paperwork will take about a week and a half to draw up and get together for signing but if you can secure a held payment from the bank, she will do nine flat.”  Kris picked up his phone and texted someone. Within moments Leslie’s email had verification of funds on hold for payment in the amount of nine million dollars.  Her eyes almost assuredly showed dollar signs if you looked hard enough.  “Alright I will get everything together and call you as soon as the documents are ready.” Leslie said excited “I am leaving Friday morning. Then I have to travel to Greece. If they want this deal, we need to expedite it please.” Kris noted walking to the car. “Yes sir! I am going to go home now and get everything together. I should be in touch on Thursday.” Leslie waved as they headed out and back home. 
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD