47. Doors

1893 Words
Omar shakes his head a bunch. "You always get so excited over new stuff." He starts out slow. Going from one door to the next. I start to get it after an hour. It takes a lot of focus on the door you are going too. He leaves me to practice and I keep going from the yellow sitting room to the red one. Then I jam up the yellow door. So I go from the red sitting room to the kings office. Everyone stares at me. Dipak looks like hell. His eyes are all red. "Sorry I really didn't think that through. I was making doors." It won't open. "Well damn it. Now this one is jammed too. If you want out. You'll have to use the window." I blow the window out with an orb. "Also if you want to use the yellow sitting room, you'll have to go outside and climb in through the window... I think the red one too." I jump out the window. I fly back to the entrance. Dipak lands right beside me. "I'm not ready." "I feel terrible. I'm so sorry." "You should. You beat the hell out of your mate. You made me think you wanted to have s*x with me, so you could hit me like that. It will never happen again." "Sweetheart." "I begged you to stop. I couldn't even stand up anymore. You picked me up off the floor so you could keep hitting me. And now you want to say sweetheart?" "I want to say I'm sorry. I will stop for now. I'm sorry." "Yes. You really are." I walk away. I sit on my throne. I don't know why. It's peaceful in here. It's quiet. No one comes in really. This is one lonely chair. "Why are you sitting in here?" "Seemed like a good spot to sit. No one ever comes here." Tye sits on the steps in front of me. "I'm sorry I kissed you. I'm the reason he did it. I had no idea he would do that to you. I always thought, if anything he'll punch me a few times. I never thought he we do something like that to you." I sit beside him on the steps. "It's not your fault. None of it is. There is always some reason to be mad at me. I'm not old enough, strong enough, smart enough, always something. This time, I like someone he doesn't want me to. You did none of it. It's not your fault." He puts his arm around me. I lay my head on his shoulder. "I'm tired. I think I need a nap." "You going to come to dinner?" He helps me up. "No way in hell sir... I have no interest in sitting at the table beside him." He leads me out. Tre comes from around the corner. "Where were you this time?" "Throne room." "Please don't jam that door, baby. We'll never get back in. I'm not joking. It's lined so dragon strength can't get in it. I don't know how we would get back in." He kisses my head. "You want to go to dinner baby?" "No." "Want some more fish?" "No." "What do you want?" "Sleepy time juice." "Eat something first, please baby? I'll eat in the apartment with you or we can watch the fish. But we would have to climb in the window if you want to do that." "Did you all get the office door unjammed?" Tye busts out laughing. "No, Dipak just made a hole beside it when he came back." "I'll should send the builders to go repair it." They shake their heads and laugh. I look at them weird. "What baby?" "I had a random thought in my head. Have either of you been tested for magic?" "No." "I have no idea how to do it really. When she unlocked mine she was in my head. It was weird, I could hear her talking from in my head. I really don't know what she did. But I do remember what she said. I'll try. I doubt if it will work but we can try. Both of you pick a window. Different windows." "I'll try that one." Tre points. Then Tye does the same thing. "There is magic everywhere. It's all around us. We can't see it. But it is here. Now when you make an orb, no one can see it but you." I hold out my hand and make an orb. Then I release the magic back. "Did either of you see that?" They shake their heads. "I'll do another one and I'll get it big enough that you can see." I do another one and I get it as big as a dinner plate. They nod at me and I release the magic back into the air. "You don't want to make one that big. I was showing you, so you could see it. That is the magic that is all around us. I was pulling it into my hand. It really is here." I think about it for a second. "You are going to try to pull magic into your hand. But you only want an orb the size of a small apple. Once you get that, throw it through the window. Do not keep pulling it. You will blow us all up. And honestly I don't expect this to work. I think she unlocked something in my head. But we can try. Don't give up if it doesn't work now. Hold your hand out palm up. Now imagine all the magic in the room being pulled into your hand." They seemed shocked. "I can't see if you get anything. Throw it out the windows." Both windows shatter at the same time. "You 2 are much better at aiming than I am. Also Tye you pulled your hand really high. I'll show you again." I make a huge orb they can see. "Now to throw, you can push or throw it or anything. But to get rid of it, like release it back into the air. I'm obviously not going to throw this thing. It's huge, would take out half the castle. I want to release the magic. For that, I will move my hand so it's above the orb palm facing down at it. See how it's getting smaller?" They nod. "Yea, that's the 2 ways to get rid of them. I wanted to show you that because when you threw it, you hand was really high. If you don't have a big orb it would release the magic instead of throwing it." They go to hug me. "None of that. I really don't want squeezed." Then they turn sad. "Rules for magic. Don't use it in the castle. Don't blow up the river. It kills all the fish and ummm... What goes up will come straight back down at you, really fast." We go towards my apartment again. Thora walks beside me. "You still have bruises on your arms and what's wrong with them?" "Thora, they need someone to hug. I can't do it. I'm to sore. You have to let them hug you." "Really?" "Yes, they will feel better after that." "HUG ME!" She jumps up and down. "HUG ME NOW!" They seem a little scared but they hug her. "I see why you like this. It's like warmness everywhere." "Yes it's nice." "Are my eyes black." "Not at all." "It's still nice. Ok you can let go now." She moves and stands beside me again. "You were right. They do seem better now." "Yea, that'll fix them." I start going again. "I was thinking and I know what you should do." "What's that?" "Put teleporting doors everywhere. When someone goes into like the sitting room, they go to the ballroom instead. And instead of the dining room send everyone to the barn." We all all. "I am so doing that. They will all come back from the barn and try the ballroom. Where should the ballroom door go?" Tre smirks. "Send them to my office. Me and Tye can be sitting there having an important meeting. I will throw them all out threw the bookshelf." Thora jumps up and down. "You have to really yell at them. DON'T YOU PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO KNOCK. TRYING TO HAVE A PRIVATE MEETING HERE. GET OUT!" "Let's go set the dining room door before anyone can get there." We all take off running. I set the door to go to the barn. We sit at the table and watch them try to come in 1 at a time. "I can imagine Frode." I do my most serious impression. "Why am I in the barn?" Thora losses it. "ASA... We are going to have to start carrying bottles of wine with us everywhere Aurelia." I crack up. "I didn't know your parents were here Tye." He shakes his head. "Yea now your mom... OH THESE KIDS KEEP ME ON MY TOES." Omar gets teleported next. Tre puts his hand to his jaw. "Omar will be like I should have expected that." We all laugh so hard and do an impression of what we think everyone will do when they land in the barn. Once they all come threw me and Thora run to the ballroom. Tre and Tye head up to his office. I set the ballroom door and sure enough they all come through that next. When they get done we go to the dining room. Tre and Tye meet us there first. They must have flown out the window. Tre is laughing so hard. "THAT WAS HILARIOUS." "Your mom asked Tre if he had any alcohol in his desk." None of us can hold it together. The 4 of us sit side by side on the door side of the dining room table. I sit between the boys. Thora sits on the other side of Tye. Omar comes up to it first and releases any magic. "It's safe now." We get some dirty looks but most people are laughing. They all sit down in their seats and the 4 of us turn around right where we are. Tye's mom stands up. "Thank you for that wonderful tour of the barn and Tre's office." The 4 of us laugh. Then she smiles at my mom. "I have no idea how you keep up with so many young ones." She sits back down. Asa sits up. "It's a lot of alcohol on some days." My momma nods. I stand up. "Thank you all for that. But I have been awake for entirely to long. I need to sleep. That really wore me out." I smile. "But it was worth it." Tye's mom puts an eyebrow up. "What happened to her arms?" Momma shakes her head. Me and Tre go to my place and have dinner together. Then we lay down. "Are you getting back up?" He gives me a funny look. "It's kind of early for you to sleep. You always stay up." "I'll get up early." He gives me half the medicine he normally gives me. "Where's the rest?" "Need to pull you off of it baby. You can have half for the next couple days and then you'll be done." We cuddle up and go to sleep.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD