46. Medicine

1610 Words
I open my eyes, and I'm staring at the wall. I don't think I moved at all. It seems to be late in the day. I try to get up and everything hurts. Mary says, "I'll tell him you're awake little miss. Don't move to much." "You don't have to worry about that, Mary." I try to relax. But then I see red eyes looking in the window. I open my eyes and there's nothing there. Not like I could do anything if someone was there. Tre rubs my back lightly. "Do you want to get up and eat something baby?" "No. It hurts to move." "I'll get you some more of that medicine, and I'll bring you some blood." After a few minutes, he puts the straw in my mouth and I drink all the blood. Then he does the same thing for the other cup. I drink all the pain stuff. Then rubs my back some more. It doesn't take me long to go to sleep. The next time I wake up, it's morning, and I'm sleeping all the way on top of him. I get off him but I still hurt. I start to cry. He rubs my back. "It'll be ok baby. It's starting to look better now." I cry harder. "I know the damage is deeper than some bruises baby. I promise though, it will be ok. Do you want to try taking a bath? The warm water might help. I'll ask Mary if any of the oils can help." I nod. "I'll be right back." I hear the bath kick on after a few minutes. I try to get up on my own. My butt still hurts to much, but I manage to climb out and stand up. I can move around on my own at least. I don't leave the room because I don't know whose all here. I watch out the window. It's like a nice day. Big puffy clouds. He wraps his arms around me from behind. I put my head on his shoulder and sob. He kisses my head. "I know it hurts baby." He leads me into the bath. I sit on my knees and he washes me. He's so gentle, the whole time. I want to wash him, but instead I cry. "Baby, relax. I'll take care of you." He pushes the hair out of my face. "I love you." "I love you too." He dries me off. "Do you want to get something to eat?" "No." He takes me back to the bedroom. Mary had the servants redo all the sheets and bedding. "Cruor is going to come and check your back again. Then he will give you some more medicine." He helps me put underwear on. "I'm going to leave you like this. All the bruising is on your back, arms, and ass. Stay laying on your stomach, and we'll keep the blanket up over your butt. Cruor thinks it's your back and arms. We'll keep it that way." I nod, and he puts me back in bed. "What are you thinking baby?" I start sobbing. "He doesn't like me." "Who?" "Dipak." "Why would you think that?" "He doesn't like me. He doesn't like the way I act or think. He doesn't like that I'm young. He doesn't like that I have never experienced as much as him. He doesn't like that he always has to keep coming back for me. I can never keep up with him. He only likes me when I act like a queen or don't question anything he tells me. He just doesn't like me." "He loves you." "But he doesn't like me." Someone knocks on the door. I yell "ENTER." "WAIT. WHO IS IT?" "Yea I probably should have asked that." I hear him chuckle as Cruor says. "Dr. Cruor." "Enter." The door opens. "How are you feeling?" "Sore." "Yes it's still bad. But it is starting to lighten up. Do you want more of the medicine now?" "Yes please." "I will give you 1 now and I'll give Tre one for tonight, because you are going to wake up about the time to go to sleep. You'll be all messed up. But after that, you're going to 1 at night. It'll help you sleep during the nights. But you'll need to start trying to stay awake more during the days. Sleeping 24 hours a day won't help you heal." Tre walks him out. When he comes back, I get more medicine. Mary is knitting something. I stretch but damn my butt and my back are still sore. "I'll tell him you're up little miss." "Where were you sir?" "Down the hall. It's dinner. You want to try and go?" I shake my head. "You want the medicine now?" "Yes please." He helps me with it then lays down and rubs my back. "You can go back to dinner. You don't have to stay." "I'm not going to leave you alone to fall asleep. I can rub your back and keep you relaxed. I can tell you over and over that I love you. Do you want to go to your house tomorrow since you have to stay up?" "I can't take care of anything Tre." "I'll order the servants to stay. We can relax." "I would like that." "I love you my queen." I can't keep my eyes open. "I love you my king." At some point in the night, I wake up to people yelling. There is some crashing noises. I'm very sleepy but can't sleep through that. Tre yells, "FINE. EVERYONE ELSE STAY OUT." My door opens. The blanket gets pulled off me and I start to squirm. It's cold. "That's what you did. And it looks better. Now you seen her, so go." The blanket gets put back on me and it's so warm. I go right back to sleep. I wake up mid morning and Mary is sitting there. "I'll get him." I stretch and climb out of bed. I'm still so damn sore. I stretch and move around then I realize I am so stiff and sore because I haven't moved. I actually feel ok after a few minutes. I sit down slowly in the chair and it's fine. My butt is still sore. But I can handle it in this comfy chair. "You're doing a little better baby." "I think I may have been so sore because I wasn't moving." I throw my arms up and stretch back into the chair. "What were you doing this time?" "Morning meeting." "Anything new?" "Not really. You want me to give you a bath?" "Yes." He smiles and get's it started. I take off my underwear and his eyes go dark. "Well I can try." He gives me a kiss. "I can wait baby. I think that's always going to happen. You are so damn sexy." He helps me into the bath then climbs in with me. I lay back and let him wash and oil my hair. When he washes my back he tells me how much better it looks. He gets me all dried and puts me in a human dress. "You still want to go to your house baby?" "I don't know what to do. I can't work like this. Horses are out. Meetings are out, I doubt if I could sit on my ass that long. I don't want to lay in bed. I think I'm going fishing." His eyebrows shoot up. "Really?" "Yea, I haven't done it in awhile. And it seems the safest option. I don't have to move weird or anything. You can go to the meeting. I want to be alone anyways." "I'll help you get out there. Make sure you get a pole and enough stuff. I'll come check on you during lunch hour. I can make us some fish. That sound good?" "That sounds perfect." He helps me to the river and then goes back to the meeting. After a couple hours he comes back. "Oh you got a fire going." "I want some fish." "Did you catch any?" We laugh. He fishes with me and gets a couple. He cleans them. Then we sit together and cook them. "I remember doing this as kids. The fish is so good this way." "I loved you so much even then." He kisses my head. "It's like I knew you were mine." He puts his arm around me. "Omar wants to talk with you." "I figured. Was kind of surprised he didn't show up out here." "I told them all you wanted to be alone. Then I refused to tell anyone where I put you. They searched for a while. But no one will ever guess fishing." "Yea that's rare for me. I guess you can tell. I don't know how much longer it will be before I have my breakdown." "Omar always likes that's part. It'll be fine. I'll let him know it's close." "I'm sure he'll appreciate it that." We finish our fish. Then we sit and cuddle. He sends Omar out and I talk to him for a couple hours. Then I beat the hell out of the water and curse every fish in it. I throw all the fishing stuff in it again. "That was a fun fishing trip." "I'll have them order you new fishing supplies." "Thank you." "Where you going now?" "I don't know. But I'm done fishing." "Let's try the door magic." "YES." "I know it's exciting but we have to go back to the castle." I run all the way there then stand inside the door and wait on him.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD