54. Charmed

1438 Words
I nap until I can feel people staring at me. All 3 boys are here. 2 of them have black eyes and 1 is just staring. Then Omar comes in. "Nadine, I need to show you the door thing, so you can actually see where you're walking into. And you can even let them see you if you want. Open it on both sides. Now is a perfect time. I don't think you are doing anything else." I make myself sit up. I blink at him. Tre pulls me off the bed. "We got the blow guns ready for the charms. Stretch baby." "Well, that's good timing. We can hit the kings while I show her how to open view on the doors." "Who, anyway? I know the 3 kings." I stretch big. Then I open the box. "9 left." Tye grabs one and puts it in my arm. "8 left. 3 for the kings. 1 for Dracul. Let's see who we can hit." Tre kisses my head. Omar pulls me to the door. "Open it to the king's office like normal. Good now, concentrate your energy on what it looks like. And do this with your fingers." I do what he says, and we can suddenly see in the kings office. Dipak and Dracul are standing there still. I don't know where my dad is. I can't see the whole room from the door though. "Obviously we don't want them to see you. They could alert him. I will show you that part later. But we can hit them from here. Who is the best shot?" Tre moves over. "Johen. We're not bad, but he's had a lot of practice." "Yea, but I don't know who the people are." Tye kneels down in front of the closet door. "We can show you that part." Johen kneels down beside him. "Ok." He hits Dipak and Dracul right away. I go outside and grab a rock. I wonder if they can be moved. Because they are all over on the other side of the room. I come back in and Johen is at a weird angle by the door. "Guys stop. Let me see if I can move them." I throw a rock and hit the kings desk with it. Dipak and Dracul both stagger to it. "It's working. They are all moving now. Do you have another one?" Omar shakes his head. "Do not pull them right to the door, Nadine. It would be way to suspicious. Try to take them over by the couch. Johen can get a clear shot, and it will seem like a bird hit the window." I toss a rock behind the couch, and they all go to check the noise. Johen gets my dad and Kane. Then he hits Frode. Then he gets Gunner. "Stop." I put a charm in Tre's arm and in Tye's. Something connects in my chest and I don't know which one it was. "That's it. Good job Johen. Thank you. That was good. We didn't lose a single charm. I guess all that talk of boobs helped you learn to aim." They start laughing. Omar gives us all a funny look. "Apparently boys like boobs, Omar." "Yes, yes we do... These guys should have like 42 hours left. Bud is the only one that wasn't charmed in there. So you still can't walk in after 42 hours, Nadine. But 1 of us should be able to. We can tell them what's happening then." "Well, whoever goes is going to want to take a human. Those boys are going to come out of that in full frenzy." Johen shivers. "That doesn't sound good for me." "I won't send you in. But no, we need blood daily. These boys haven't had it in a long time. Frenzy means our bodies take over to get the blood. They will kill anything to get it. Those 3 kings in there will rip someone apart to get blood." Omar nods. "We should probably send in 2. Then come in behind them. Nadine. Let's try some more door magic. These boys aren't going anywhere soon." He shuts down the door. "Give me a door into your apartment. Hopefully it will be empty. Now open it so we can see inside again." We see a servant swaying back and forth. "Close that. We need an empty room. Try Tre's." I bring up Tre's and it's empty. "Good now what you have to do... And this would let anyone on that side of the door see you." He shows me some hand movements. I try it. "It looked good. But it's not like I can check it." "You can all do magic too?" Tye nods. "Yes, but she's better." I shake my head. "I've had it longer. I'm used to it. They found out they have it very recently. But we're all still learning anyway. And vampires don't usually have magic. This seems to be kind of rare. But we're dragons too, so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not." "What do you mean you're dragons?" I smile at him and run to the middle of the room. I jump into my dragon form. Tre and Tye yell, "NO FIRE." I go back to human form and laugh. "We can breathe fire, and she gets a little excited sometimes." "Wooden building and all you know?" "We still have like 42 hours. Why don't you all go watch some races? I can sit here with Ana. I know you all get bored." "I can take her." "Yes Nadine, the black eye issue will be great in a crowd of humans." "I always forget that." Tye picks me up over his shoulder. "Omar's right. You need a break from the baby. She's sleeping anyway. A couple of races won't hurt." "I am not sure if you understand how to advise." "I understand perfectly. I'm advising you to go watch a race." "No, you are carrying me." "Same thing." "No it's not." Tre smiles. "He kind of advises like my dad." "No, your dad yells and threatens to carry me places. Tye skipped the yelling part." "I don't really like yelling. This seemed easier. You were going to argue about taking the baby." "Fine, I'll go watch a couple of races." Johen smirks. "Yea, you had a lot of options. We're already here." We yell and scream and cheer for an hour. It really is fun. The boys find out you can bet on the races. They don't bet anything, but I think they get interested in it. Then we go back to the inn and Johen goes home. The 3 of us walk in and Omar is sitting on the couch. "She is still sleeping. Good night." "Good night Omar, thank you." I change her little butt again. She is sleeping so well. It doesn't even wake her up. I lay down beside her and the boys lay on each side of us. Tre cuddles up with me. Tye's a bit sad. I close my eyes and Ana starts crying. "Yea that's about right." They chuckle. "Go to sleep guys. I'm going to feed and cuddle her." To my surprise, they actually do. They don't argue at all. Must be tired. I must have kept them up more than I thought I did last night. It takes me about an hour, but I get her all full and calmed down again. I rock her to sleep then lay her between the boys' heads. I know I'm going to end up sideways, and I don't want to lay on her. I'll lay down sideways now. I throw my legs over Tye and lay my head on Tre. So warm and comfortable. I almost get to sleep. BANG We all sit straight up. Tye picks me up and stands me by the closet. I make our door right away. The only place I can think of is Tre's apartment and that's stupid. I think of another place quickly and connect the door. Tre comes running. "I got the baby go." Tye kicks our stuff in and pushes me in. He comes in right behind me and Tre with Ana right behind him. Tre shuts the door. It's so dark in here. "Really?" "I couldn't think of anywhere else to go." I start to cry. "It's sleepy time Tre." He kisses my head. "This is a good spot. You did good baby. Let's get you back in bed." He picks me up and lays me in the bed with Ana. I fall asleep instantly.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD