55. Egypt

1520 Words
I wake up to Tye climbing out from under me. "Go back to sleep." He puts a blanket on me and I do. His spot is so warm. The next time I wake up, I feel around and no one is in bed with me. Not even Ana. I stagger out to the balcony. Tre is feeding Ana. Tye is sitting here with Ylle and Tanny. Ylle smiles. "It took me forever to figure out Egypt. Had to broaden my search 4 times." "The only place I could think of was Tre's apartment. And that seemed stupid." They all laugh. "This popped in my head. I love it here." "It is beautiful here. And so much stuff to see. We were told that you got the charms in the kings?" Tye nods. "About 30 hours they will come out of it. We're going in with humans. They will all be in frenzy." "I'm going to go into frenzy soon guys." Tre stands up. "Yea, we need to find blood quickly." Ylle takes Ana. "I'll sit here with her. Oh, and we got the whole building. People are coming in slowly because it took me forever to find you." We find a man alone down a path about a block away. Tre breaks his neck and we all drink from him. "Thank you, that's much better. I didn't realize it was so long since the rabbits. What do you guys want to do today? There is so much to see here." I see a woman pushing a baby in something with wheels. That might work. Also, everyone has dark things on their eyes. That might work too. "Tre, do you still have money?" "Yea, what do you want?" "One of those wheel things for Hypatia." He goes to talk to the woman. Tye pulls me in a little store. "Let's get sunglasses. It will cover the dark eye issue, hopefully. Try these on." He hands me a pair. "Yea those are cute on you." He buys a few pairs, then we go find Tre arguing with the same person. "How much for it though?" I shake my head. "Where do I get one?" She points to a shop on the corner. "Thank you." She walks away. "Tre, you really can't talk to girls some days." Tye cracks up laughing and hands him a pair of sunglasses. We get the thing with wheels and head back. "These things are amazing. I can see so much better now." "Yea, the sun is bright here. They dim it is all." Ylle hands me Ana. "We are all going to explore in different directions, I think. I am going to find a pyramid. We will see you all this evening." "I'm going to the beach." Tanny jumps off the balcony. I get Ana ready to go out. "Are we going in different directions too?" "What do you want to see at baby?" "I don't know. I like seeing everything here. The pyramids were neat. But so is everything. What do you guys want to do?" "I want to ride a camel." "Let's ride camels in the desert with all the sand Tre. I seen that before. It looked amazing." "You can't ride with a baby." "No, but I can ride in the carriage with her. And we can all go through the desert." "Alright. That sounds like a plan. Stay here and let me go figure it out. I'll talk to the man that owns the inn. He'll know where we should go. I'll also send some breakfast and water up. We have to eat before we go." I smile and give Tre a kiss. "Thank you sir." He walks out the door. "Are you 2 ok? You don't seem to be as close as you normally are." "I'm not ok. I'm holding it together as best as I can, so we can deal with the hostile takeover and make sure Ana is taken care of. He knows, I'm doing my best." "Do you want me to take Ana for a couple of hours and go do something? You 2 can be alone." I shake my head and I feel tears coming up. "I don't want that." "You don't want to be alone with him?" "I'm scared he'll hit me too. I get scared and I scream and cry. I remember what Dipak did. It scares me. I don't want that again." "Tre won't hurt you." "I was stupid and believed Dipak wouldn't either. I was in so much pain. I couldn't even get off the floor. I was begging him to stop. He picked me up, so he could hit me more. My whole body hurt." Tre comes back. "They are bringing the food in a minute. The camels will be here in about an hour. Why do you have tears in your eyes?" "Dipak hurt me." I start sobbing. Tre wraps me in his arms. "I'm sorry he did that baby. It's going to be ok. I promise." Ana starts crying and I wipe my tears away. I pick her up and take her to the balcony. "We'll watch some camels go by. We'll be ok." "Come in here and eat baby. It's to hot out there in the sun." I sit at the table and eat with them. Omar comes in when we are almost done. "Wow Egypt? Even I couldn't find us. This is a hell of a hiding place, Nadine. You did good." "Thank you. It was either this or Tre's apartment." He chuckles. "Well, I'm glad you chose this then. What are you all doing today? I want to see a pyramid while we're here." "Ylle went to see a pyramid. We're going to ride on camels." "Oh, that sounds neat too. We really are going to have to come back here. There are monuments and everything... everywhere." Tre smiles. "Yea it's nice here." "Want some food, Omar? We have plenty." He smiles at me. "No, I ate before I came. Wanted to let you all know I was here. And now I'm going to find a pyramid. Have fun on the camels." "You have fun too." After Omar leaves, Tre turns to me. "We're taking the camels to an ancient monument. Please promise me that you will not blow it up. You will not blow any part of it up." "I think a camel went by outside. I heard it." Tye smirks. "Woman. Promise me." "Fine. I promise I will not blow up any ancient monuments this time." Tre nods and gets up. "THIS TIME." "Don't encourage her." I smile at Tye. "I'm a good pirate." We finish breakfast and get in our carriage. "Miss, did you want to pet a camel?" I about jump out of my skin. "YES." I run up to the man so fast I think I scare him. I get close to one of them, and it does not smell nice. And they are not soft like horses. They really don't smell good though. But the one I touch seems nice. I go over to the boys. "Everyone is going to need a bath tonight. Those things do not smell nice." "I guess I'll have to figure out how to use all your oils and stuff then." "Oh I'll show you." "Woman." "I mean tell you. I'm still not taking a bath with you sir." Tre puts up an eyebrow. "He stood in the bathroom with me yesterday while I filled the tub. When he had Ana." Then Tre laughs too. "Boys over here. We'll get you 2 on camels. Miss, you can get back in the carriage." I climb back in with Ana. The man opens all the windows, so we can see the desert. There is really not much to see other than sand and more sand. I'm glad I came, but it's not very exciting. But I can say I have traveled through the desert now. After a half hour, we get to a building that is amazing. It has all the paintings and carvings all over it. We spend a couple of hours exploring it. "Come here baby." Tye takes Ana. Tre asks, "Do you want to try and ride a camel before we leave?" I shake my head. "They are to big and weird. They smell bad too." "Yea, but you'll be able to say you rode a camel in the desert. Try for one minute, please." "Fine." Tre puts me up on one. They aren't very comfortable. Not like horses anyway. I sit still holding on. Tre starts pulling it. I nearly fly off. It's so much different than a horse. After about 10 minutes, he gets me down. "Did you like it?" "It hurts my butt." "Still?" Tye gives a look like he has just realized what happened. "No, it hurts my butt. It's not comfortable and that hump is weird. And it throws me around." "Yea it is different to get use to. Let's get you back in the carriage. We'll go back and have some lunch." Tre kisses my head and leads me back.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD