37. The 5

2018 Words
We get in the door. Momma smiles. "This is a formal event. But it is also informal in ways. There is only one other family here and we have been friends for years. So, please don't be stupid and ruin that friendship. I'm not even sure anymore who outranks who." She glances at my dad. He shrugs his shoulders. "Well I'm still the queen." We all nod. "Great. I'm lining you up, so the right people can sit closer together. 10 minutes later, we seem to be good enough." Daddy looks around. "HI everyone! I'm in the middle." All of us chuckle. "YOU FORGOT ME MOMMA." "No I didn't." Momma runs back over. She pulls the veil and tiara off me. My eye's get so big. I pull at the gloves. Mary jumps. "NO. Jewelry." She gets the bracelets off me. Then takes the gloves off and puts the bracelets back on. Then she fixes my hair. I see the crown box coming, and I about fall over. Dipak notices me falling and grabs me. He's as confused as I am. Momma opens the crown box and it's the village crowns. She picks up the queens crown and puts it on my head. I get all teary. "NO MAKEUP." Mary starts fanning me. Momma picks up the kings crown and puts it on Dipak. He gives me a hug and holds me. I know he's emotional too. "Ok you 2. Come in last. Tye drag them in after you somehow. Don't let them forget to come in." "My king." "My queen. I love you." "I love you too." He gives me a deep kiss. Tre pulls me away. "You are going to make her eyes black to walk in the door." Dipak wipes his eyes off. Then he lines me up. We're behind Tye and Dorseti. Tre is doing something to make my dress more poofy. "Are you new Mary, sir?" "Apparently I am baby, Mary already went in. You're not getting a go. Figure it out Dipak." "Great yea, I've done this 1 other time now." "Do you want to switch? Now it your only chance." Dipak shakes his head. "I'll get her ass to the seat." Tre starts laughing and stands by Elkie. They get called in right away. "Very comforting dear." "I'll carry your ass if I have to. But I will get you there." "Thank you sir, I do appreciate it." Tye goes in with Dorseti. "I wonder when we go?" "I don't know. Mary's not here." "Maybe we can stand here forever." "Maybe I'll do you in one of the sitting rooms." I smile. Ylle and Tanny come running up. "ARE WE LATE?" "Late for what? I don't think so." "Ok good. We brought some more people too." "You can go in before us, but don't my seat. Find your own." "We need a magician to go in first for tables and chairs." A couple magicians get announced next. Followed by about 10 other people that I don't know. Finally, Ylle and Tanny go in. Dipak gives me a kiss. "Can I do you in that sitting room now?" Then he kisses me again. Mary comes out. "Stop that. Ok go. Stop. Turn. Go. Stop." We get announced and I start getting shaky. He leans in close. "I love you my queen." "I love you too my king." "And final go." Mary walks behind us to our table. We get close and she goes to Kane. "I think they were going to stand out there forever waiting on someone to say go." We take our seats at the top table. "Sir, you are going to have to give the speeches." His eyebrows pop up. "Fuck." "Wing it. You did them last time. While Tre fed me grapes. I'm sure you'll do fine. If you don't want to. Throw the crown at daddy for those." I look over Tye and Dorseti. "Daddy." Daddy and Tye turn to me. "Dipak is not sure about the speeches. Might be throwing the crown at you for those. Keep your eyes open, or you might get hit in the head with it." "That is not the way it works my princess." "Well it is now." Daddy and Dipak go over and talk to the king a minute. Then he comes back and we eat. After the food, Dipak and the other king make speeches. I get bored again and Tre comes over and gives me grapes. When he's done Dipak comes back and sits by me. "What did you think of my speech babygirl?" "It was great." "You didn't hear a word of it, did you?" "Not even 1." Him, Tre, and Tye all laugh. Tye goes over and dances with their princess. When he's done a little boy about 7 years old climbs all the way up to my table. "Can I have a dance princess?" My eyebrows shoot up. "Yes, of course you can. 1000 times yes." I hand the crown to Dipak. He takes it and looks around. Tre jumps up and takes it from him. We get on the dance floor and I take his hand. He puts the other on my hip. The music starts, and we dance a bit. I think everyone in the building says 'awww' at the same time. He is leading me really well. "You are a very good dancer sir." "I've practiced for a long time." "It shows. You are amazing at this. I have a couple of boys over there that could take lessons from you." He smiles at me. In the blink of an eye he ages about 15 years. I am dancing with a man. He twirls me. I hear Ylle yelling at my boys. "What?" He doesn't miss a step. He keeps dancing and leading me perfectly. "I can mess with my age. The little boy always gets me dances with pretty girls." He winks and pulls me in close. I laugh. "You could have just asked for a dance, sir. I would have said yes. But yea, the little boy trick is super cute." He smiles at me. "I didn't want to argue with all your mates. How many you got over there? 3 of them?" "I have 2 mates." "So far." "Can you tell me how many I will end up with?" He twirls me again. "No. I'm sorry. I don't do future work. We were told multiple." "You were told?" "We have something of yours here. We've been keeping it for the queen of queens. We never knew when you would show up. Or who you would be. But I have no doubts. Your entire extra group of magicians and dragons really proved it." "It's not another mate is it? And yea, they showed up asking if they were late. I told them not to take my seat." "No, it's not another mate. And I'm glad they didn't take your seat." I smile. "That that was the important part." He pulls me in close and starts swaying with me. "It's a test or a maze more like. You have to go through. It's set up for you and 5 mates. We didn't know how many you would have, so we went for 5." "That seems logical. But I only have 2." "You'll need to pick 5 people to go through it with you." "Should they be dragons?" "Your choice. I would take a couple." "What happens if we get through?" "You get what we are keeping. That is yours." "And if I don't?" "You can try again when you're ready." "We won't die or anything?" "You could be very injured in there. Death would be odd. But anything is possible, I guess." He kwSA me through a formal dance that I haven't done in many years. "This dance will help you. If you pay attention." I lower my eyebrows at him. "Are you ready?" "I need to pick 5." "Do you want to try it today?" "Yes sir." "Go get your 5, and I will take you to the entrance." He grabs my waist and throws me nearly to the ceiling. He catches me and I yell, "AGAIN." He laughs and walks me back to my tables. Ylle comes out. "I had to make them" She points at the top 3 tables. "sit down." "Thank you Ylle." The prince turns into his younger self again. Then he kisses my hand. "You have 3 minutes. I will return. This group only." I turn to Dipak. "GET DOWN HERE." He comes down with Tre and Tye. "Hi boys, I have 3 minutes. I need 5 people. The maze challenge thing is set up for me and 5 mates. They are allowing me to take 5 in since I don't have 5 mates. Thoughts? And I'm going in." "Do they have to be dragons?" "No. But he said I should at least take a couple. Like it won't hurt, but not necessary." Dipak nods. "Me, Tre, Tye, Kane, Omar." Tre smiles. "I like it. You'll have 4 dragons and 1 magician." Tye shakes his head. "You should take Thora instead of Kane. In case we need someone else little." Dipak nods. "That makes sense. In particular, since they don't have to be dragons." "So you 3, Thora and Omar?" They all nod. I motion for Thora and Omar quick. They run to me. "I have to do a maze challenge thing. I pick you 5 to go in with me. Are you all good with that?" They all nod or say "yes." Thora goes queasy. "What?" "I remember that room in the last challenge you and Tye did." "Thora sit down. Mary come here. Mary we're doing a maze. You be the guardian." The prince comes over as a little boy and takes my hand. He gives me the cutest smile. "Times up princess." "We are ready sir." He turns into an adult prince again. I can't help but stare at him. He leads me down a hallway then some stairs. Then another hallway. We seem to be in a dungeon somewhere. I stare at him and let him lead me some more. "Yea I know, I'm cute both ways." "Well I'm not going to argue with that." 3 of the boys behind me get grumpy really fast and Mary starts laughing. "Oh my word. I can't do another one." The prince smiles. "I am not one of Nadine's mates. You need not worry about me." Dipak looks at Tre. "Just like that. He seems like a nice guy now." I look back and Tre and Tye are nodding. The prince looks back too. Then he leans in and whispers in my ear. "Are you sure you only have 2 here? It seems like 3?" "There are 2. Dipak and Tre. They are mine." He stops and shakes their hands. "I am Epoch Eternos Von Keeper. It is nice to meet you." Tye shakes his hand. "Keeper of what?" Epoch chuckles. "Ah a prince. Keeper of lost or held items. We can keep anything and make sure it only gets to its true owner." We come up to a door. It has a doorknob on each side of it. I laugh. "Doorknobs." Epoch gives me a funny look. The boys rub their eyes and try not to laugh. He puts a key in the lock and opens the door. We are standing in a dungeon. The door opens to a grassy sunlit field of grass. There are a few trees here and there. It is beautiful. He looks in the door. "OH NO. Not that one. Sorry. That would have been very boring for you all." He shuts the door and locks it. Then he unlocks the other doorknob on the same door and opens that one. It opens to what looks like castle steps. He nods, and we all go up the stairs. We seem to be in our castle, but there is no one at all here. I look at Epoch. "What is this?" He smiles at us and shuts the door.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD