13. Potential

1514 Words
Momma stands up. "Ok as amusing as this is. Dipak and Tre, I need to talk to you both. I meant now boys, let's go." She leads them out and Asa follows. I move down so I'm across from Thora. "What's that about?" "I don't know for sure. But Ylle is here with about 10 magicians. I heard they are going to try and find out how many mates you will end up with. But I don't know how or anything." "They really did tell me 2." "You're probably right. I think they want to make sure." "If they start running tests, you are coming with me." She nods and we go back to our food. After about 10 minutes, Tre and Dipak come in. They each sit on a side of me. Neither of them say anything, and they don't look happy. "What boys?" "They want to run the bond testing on us again sweetheart." About that time the magicians and Ylle come piling in the room. "Good morning sweetie, we are going to set up some testing for for your soul mate bonds. Drink this." She hands me a cup. "Drink it all. Go fast. I don't think it's that great tasting." Dipak is sitting beside me rubbing his eyes. "Dipak" He gives me a hug and whispers. "It's ok sweetheart. Go ahead." I drink it as fast as I can. Then I cough. "Yes Ylle, that's not great tasting." The magicians line up 2 rows of 5 cups. "That's a lot of cups." One of the magicians nods. "We are going to compare the 2 mates you have now with your soul mate bonds. We are going to check you for 5 potential soul mates." -Blackness- I feel pain in my hand and open my eyes. Dipak's carrying me. Tye and Thora are sitting at the breakfast table with Omar. Tre is with us. I wiggle a bit and Dipak stands me up. "You passed out sweetheart. We are seeing how many soulmate bonds your body can take. It's not how many soul mates you will have. Ok?" I nod. He holds my sides. Ylle smiles. "Oh good you woke up. We are not testing for soulmates. We are seeing how many you have the potential to have. Just because you have the potential, does not mean you will get anymore, ok?" I nod again. "Good. We're testing you and Tre first. The primary line is done for him." "Blue, blue, purple, red, red?" "Yes, In the primary line. He registers blue in the first 2 and purple in the 3rd spot." One of the magicians nods. "If the 4th and 5th lines all stay red for both of them. Then that means your body can not hold those bonds. But if any colors other than red show up in those lines, your body can hold the bond." "4th and 5th lines would be like a 4th and 5th soulmate?" Ylle smiles. "Yes, but even if every cup fills with blue, it does not mean you will get those bonds filled. We are only checking potential. Do not panic. Ok. Step over here. We are going to check the secondary line for Tre. He should get more purple in this row of cups. Especially, he's already moving purple into the primary line." I hold out my left hand. They go cup by cup over 5 cups. Tre keeps his arm around me the whole time. He squeezes me. "She's in shock." Dipak puts his arm around me. "It'll be ok, babygirl. Just some testing, that's all." "Secondary line is done. It reads Blue, Purple, Purple, Red, Red. So, as of now there is potential for a 3rd. But not a 4th." A bunch of them nod. Me and Dipak follow Ylle over to the other table. Almost everyone checks the cups on Tre's table. I stay awake and on my feet but Dipak balances me through doing his cups. Thora comes over at one point and rubs my arms. "You're doing good. Only 6 more. And you only have potential for 1 more. So it's not really that different. We can figure that out." Ylle looks at the magicians. "Primary line reads Purple, Purple, Purple, Red, Red. Last row." Dipak guides me to the row. They cut my hand another 5 times. There is a lot of noise at that point. Thora looks like her eyes about pop out. "OMAR GET OVER HERE." Dipak grabs ahold of me. "We are going to redo it. At this point, the secondary line reads, Purple, Purple, Purple, Purple, Purple." -Blackness- I wake up to a bunch of people yelling. Everyone is yelling at someone. Dipak is still carrying me. He yells. "WE SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN DONE THIS AURELIA." "I WILL SHOVE YOUR HEAD IN A HORSES ASS!" I hear Tre. "IT'S NOT LIKE IT MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE AT ALL. WHAT THE f**k WAS THE PURPOSE OF ALL THIS? YOU'RE SCARING HER." "YOU CAN NOT MAKE THE ROOM DARK ON HER." "WE NEED THIS INFORMATION." "DO YOU WANT TO BE BLINDSIDED WITH ANOTHER MATE AND HAVE NO IDEA HE'S COMING?" "IT'S ONLY THE POTENTIAL. IT DOESN'T EVEN MEAN SHE'LL GET ANOTHER ONE." "THEN WHY DO IT AT ALL? WE KNEW THERE WAS POTENTIAL. WHAT THE f**k DID THIS DO?" I wiggle around. "SHE'S AWAKE. EVERYONE, SHUT THE f**k UP. Are you ok babygirl?" I wiggle until he puts me on my feet. He does not let go. Ylle smiles at me. "Ok sweetie, now we know for sure that your body can take a 5th soulmate bond. So you will have up to 5 ok?" I nod at her. "Good, now we want to check you for marking spots. Well, Dipak probably will. Not all of us. But you need to know. People will usually have 1 more than the number of mates they have. Like people who have 1 mate will have 2 marking spots. You see? We're going to have to make it dark though. That drink I gave you makes them glow in the dark. We want to check around your neck. Then Dipak can take you for the rest." I shake my head. "I don't want to be in the dark." "I'm right here sweetheart. I won't let go." He leans in and whispers, "And I'll make the next part fun." I put my face in his chest and close my eyes. He tightens his arms around me. I can tell even with my eyes closed that it gets dark in the room. No one touches me but Dipak. He lifts my chin. "Yes that is the normal 2. She has both of those. Lift her hair please." I feel Dipak pull my hair up and hold it on my head. Then he spins me around. "I'm going to pull some more hair off your neck baby. It's only me touching you." "Ok." I feel Tre move more hair off the back of my neck. "There's the 3rd and 4th spots. They are all on her neck." Someone else says, "She still needs to be checked for the 5th. It could rule out a 4th mate bond totally if she doesn't have the fifth marking spot." "NO IT DOESN'T. EVERY SPOT CAN STILL BE FILLED. IT ISN'T WHAT NORMALLY HAPPENS." "NOTHING ABOUT THIS IS NORMAL." "PEOPLE DON'T ALWAYS HAVE AN EXTRA MARKING SPOT." The room gets lit up again. He picks me up and carries me out. He sits on the beach with me for a long time and lets me cry. "I want to be alone awhile." "Where you going?" "I don't know. I want to walk. I won't leave the island." I end up by the monkey trees. I sit down and watch the water. I start bawling. I can see the pirate ship in the distance. I felt so normal pretending to be a pirate with Tye. That was so fun. It felt like a normal teenager. I'll never be normal with anything. I can't even get chased by a boy, right. I can't do anything right. And now I'm afraid of the dark. I keep wiping the tears away and about 20 monkeys come and sit with me. I cry to them. "All I ever wanted to do was find my mate and have babies. Rule my little village. I never asked for any of this. I'm so tired of not being normal. I just wanted to be a normal teenager for a little bit. Now I messed that up like everything else." I wipe some tears away. "And I am so tired of bad stuff happening. I can't be in the dark. I'm afraid I'll be beaten to death every time I turn around. I don't know why anyone stays with me. It's all weird and bad. They are all going to run away because they want normal lives eventually." I fall over and sob. A couple of monkeys come and hug me. Some cuddle with me. More come and sit around me. I keep crying.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD