24. Warm Up

1121 Words
"Door to the medical area, Omar. She's so f*****g cold." All of a sudden, I hear the alarms going off. Tye is carrying me and he's all wet. We're in the medical area. The alarms get shut off and Cruor yells, "GET HER IN THE BATH. WE HAVE TO WARM HER UP." "We're going to start cool and keep warming it up. If we start warm she will go into shock. Get in there with her Tye. Hold her down." I get pushed all the way under. The water slowly warms up around me and then I feel so warm. All I want to do is go to sleep. He picks me up out of the water. Cruor grabs my arms then my legs. "She's warm enough." I hear a door open. "Summon Mary." -Blackness- I open my eyes, and I'm in bed. Kane is sitting beside me. "1 night." Tye is on the other side. "Thank you." He nods at me. Dipak and Tre are standing at the foot of the bed. Dipak crosses his arms. "What were you even thinking?" "I wanted to explore a little bit." Tre yells, "YOU NEED TO TELL SOMEONE WHERE YOU ARE AT." Dipak rolls his eyes. "WE WERE SEARCHING EVERY VILLAGE NEAR HERE FOR YOU!" Cruor runs in. "Enough yelling. You 2 can go cool off. I'm sure she didn't mean to get stuck." They both leave and Dipak slams the door. Cruor blinks at the door a couple of times. "What is going on?" "Nothing. I want to go home." "You are free to go. Don't go back down there until they clear it though. I'll send Omar in." "Ok." Omar comes in. "How are you?" "I'm fine. I want a door home." He smiles. "Why don't you take some food with you this time?" I start crying. "I'm hungry." "I'll make you a door and send you through. Then we'll get some food to stock your place for a few days. I will send these 2 through with it." He makes me a door and I step onto my porch again. I sit on my swing. I put my feet on the seat and hug my legs. Tye sits beside me on the swing. "They are bringing the food." He swings us. "Why didn't you tell them you went to catch a fish?" "Because it reminds them of something else I can't do for myself. Something else they have to do. Another reason I mess everything up. Another reason they have to babysit." "Who are Fred and Bob?" I jump up and nearly get taken out by the swing. He stops it quick. "THEY'RE OVER HERE." I run off the porch and into the barn. He comes in behind me with his eyebrows up. I point into one of the stalls. "FRED AND BOB. The boys say they will have babies someday. I'm going to name them all." He busts out laughing. "Fred and Bob. I would not have thought them to be a mom and dad of piglets." He looks around. "What is this place?" "I really wanted somewhere to be a normal person. I have pigs. Stalls for horses, but I think they would be lonely here. The servants take care of it when I'm gone. When I show up, they all leave. My chicken coop is over here." "So you have eggs daily?" "I think the servants take them to the castle. I never find any. Maybe my chickens are to young yet. I really don't know." We walk over to the garden and see all the plants. "They should start making fruit and vegetables soon." "Yea, they are getting big. And the lake is back there for water and fish. But you know how that went." We go back to the porch. "You want some water or juice or something. I think I have that stuff in the house." "Sure. This is really nice sitting here." I smile at him. "My favorite place." I try to open the door and it won't open. "Omar must be trying to do something to it. We'll have to use the window." He climbs in a window behind me. I go to the kitchen, and he is side tracked by the stuff in the sitting area. "Where is all this from?" He picks up one of my jars with an animal on top. I hand him some juice. "Egypt. I went with Tre a while back." I point out the vases and everything that I have here that came from Egypt. "That's really about the only place I've went. Other than the unicorn island. I have some stuff from there too. Like that sea glass bowl. I like my treasures. Mary was right about that." "You went with only Tre to Egypt?" "Well, Mary and Kane were there. But yea, the moms sent us. Something about building the bond. I'm going with Dipak to Chinese something eventually." "Tre picked Egypt and Dipak picked China?" "Yea." "Where did you want to go?" "I always wanted to visit somewhere cold, but I don't even know anywhere. They pick good places anyway. I loved Egypt. The pyramids were amazing. And they have camels there. They look like weird horses. I wish I had got a little camel figurine." He laughs. "I've seen camels too. They are quite different." "Where all have you been?" He smiles at me. "I've only been far a couple of times. We travel by boat, and we never go anywhere to see the place. It's always to see someone's castle. It would be amazing to be able to explore somewhere." "I've always wanted to travel. My momma hates it and we never went anywhere. But I have always wanted to see how different people live and explore different places. I've always wanted to go somewhere that's cold all the time. With snow and everything frozen. For a couple of days, not long. But I would love to see how they live." I giggle. "I probably wouldn't explore much away from a fire. But it would be neat to see how they eat and what they wear and everything." Something hits the wall beside the door. We go to the window and look outside. Omar and Kane are on the porch. Tye helps me through the window then climbs out behind me. Kane watches us then busts out laughing. Omar rubs his eyes. "I sent you through to close together. It magically jammed the door somehow. We had to walk here. Give me a few minutes and I will disperse this magic." "It's ok Omar. We can use the window." "I prefer doors, Nadine." I nod at him and everyone laughs.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD