25. Hungry

1316 Words
They put the food in my kitchen and I dive into it. "You really were hungry." "When was the last time you ate?" "Yesterday between surgeries. Probably around lunch." Kane wraps his arms around my head and pats it. "You poor thing. You were hungry." "Still hungry, Kane." "Oh sorry." He lets my head go. "You can all eat if you're hungry. I do have plates and stuff. I'm just starving." Omar shakes his head. "I need to go back. I'll come back in an hour or 2." "I already ate." Tye smiles. "I'll eat with you. But at a table with forks and things." I shove some bread in my mouth. He shakes his head then searches through cupboards. He eventually finds everything and gets a couple plates of food ready. We sit at the table eating. Omar leaves and Kane is not in the kitchen anymore. I was to busy shoving food in my mouth. I never seen him leave. I eat all the food he gave me and drink all my water and juice. "I feel better." "I bet. Why didn't you come back to the castle and get food?" "I wanted to be here. I didn't want to run into one of them. The lake is right there. I did try to fish with a pole. I wanted to do it myself. I figured I could run in and grab one quick. I know how to clean them and make a fire. I only wanted 1. I caught 1. I was trying to come out. My foot was stuck. Then my other foot got stuck. I let the fish go and tried to free my feet. I couldn't get them out. Then it got dark and cold. I thought I was going to be there all night. My dragon was annoyed. So annoyed." "They moved fast. They thought you ran. Me and Omar came here. Wanted to see if we could get a trail. Omar kept saying you wouldn't have ran. You wanted to be here. We found the lake and then the pole. I knew you were in there somewhere. I found you quick, but you were so damn cold. You were there for quite a while." "I was freezing, tired, and hungry. I remember you were so warm. I didn't even know who you were. I only wanted to be warm." "Yea, once you got warm, you passed right out." He leans back in the chair. "What happened at the ball?" I shake my head. "I spent hours getting ready. Then I get to the carriage and Mary tells me Dipak had to go early. Which is fine. I get that. He was there to help me out of the carriage, but he never said a word to me. He talked to everyone except me. He wanted nothing to do with me. Then he finally had to stand by me in the lineup. I asked him if he liked my shoes. All he said to me was 'I have no time for this.' At that point I grabbed your doorknob." "Never had someone steel a doorknob. That was different." "Sorry sir. But I think I needed her more than you did." He smiles. "Yea I think you did. What happened after that?" "I ate with Tre, and he gave me grapes for the speeches. I asked him if I looked pretty, and he told me I did. Then I stole Thora and made her dance with the girls. I never seen either of the boys after that. I left after an hour. I was bored and hurt. I was no fun to be around. How did Thora do?" "Better than a doorknob. She talks a lot though." "Yea, every time I looked over, you 2 seemed like you were either talking or arguing. I couldn't tell which. But I never can with her. Did you dance with her?" "Yea, she made me a couple of times. She kept telling me not to ruin her date." I crack up laughing. "Every time I tried to stand up or do anything she would get mad and argue about it. But when Frode came and asked her to dance, she was gone. I did not see her again." "Were you bored after that?" "Yes I was. She is entertaining." "She really is." Kane comes in. "What you talking about?" I smile. "Thora's date." He busts out laughing. "I WILL STAB YOU WITH MY SHOE FRODE! Did she threaten you with anything weird?" "Her shoe again when I went to ask Zeldra to dance. I had to tell her I would be right back like 5 times." "How dare you dance with another girl on her date." I shake my head at him, and we all laugh. "What's the weirdest thing this one has threatened you with?" "Fork." "I needed verification that I wasn't a doorknob." Kane smiles at me. "There is no way you could ever be called a doorknob... You don't even use doorknobs, you go through windows." "Well, she used my doorknob for revenge on Dipak." Me and Kane both crack up laughing. Then he laughs. When Kane stops he looks at Tye. "Never ever say that again for any reason." Then we all start again. Tre comes in. "Do I want to know?" I point at Tye. "I used his doorknob to get revenge on Dipak." Tre thinks about it for a second then laughs too. "Oh my God. Never say that again." I stand up because I'm about to pee and Tre fans me. "Don't pee woman." "It's funny because it's true." I wipe my eyes and calm down. Then I sit back down in my spot. "What happened with the lake last night?" "I got stuck." "You shouldn't have been down there." "I wasn't planning on getting stuck. I don't even think I went that far." "You are always going too far. You're always getting hurt or stuck or something." I turn my head. He grabs my arm and yanks me around. "You have got to be more careful. And you should have told someone you were going there." Kane reacts as soon as he sees the red eyes. He cuts Tre's hand off at the wrist. Tre glares at Kane. "Are you f*****g joking?" "No. Look at her arm." It's all dark blue and purple already. Tre reaches for me. "I'm so sorry baby." I jump straight over the table. I fall onto a chair. Well f**k, that hurt too. I pry myself off the ground. "LEAVE ME ALONE! I JUST WANT TO BE HERE!" "Baby I'm sorry." "I'm tired of hearing 'I'm sorry'. LEAVE." Omar and Dipak come in. "What the hell is going on?" Tye is sitting at the table with red eyes. Kane is putting his sword away. Tre is crying on his knees and only has 1 hand. "Everyone get out. I don't care where you go. But leave here now." I hide my arm from them and point at the door with the other one. Omar makes my kitchen door go into the castle. Dipak stands there confused. No one moves. Tre pulls himself off the floor. Tye punches him right in the stomach and then his face. Tre's nose breaks and blood pours out. "TOUCH HER AGAIN AND I WILL KILL YOU." Then Dipak's eyes go red and he goes after Tre. I jump in between them all. "STOP. JUST LEAVE. DON'T HURT HIM. He didn't mean it." Dipak rubs his eyes. "No. Everyone else out. Omar, can you get him to the medical area?" Omar nods. "Kane and Tye, you go through here and shut that door please." They go through. Dipak picks me up, and he takes me to the sitting room. He puts me on his lap. I start crying and don't stop. I cry myself to sleep.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD