19. Zara

1644 Words
We wake up to someone banging on the door. We both make an "ugh." Noise. He throws on pants then answers the door. I hear Omar. "Meeting started 30 minutes ago." Then I hear the door shut. "Woman. It's wakey time." I shake my head. "Come on woman." We went to bed entirely to late. I throw on a human dress and underwear. He throws on some clean clothes. He combs my hair then does his. We go to the meeting more or less awake. "Babygirl, we stayed up way to late last night." "Sorry if I fall asleep in there." He puts his arm around me. "Me too." I lay my head on his shoulder. "We'll get some food in there." "I love you." "I love you too, sweetheart." "OH I FORGOT SHOES." Thora nods. "It's ok. No one see's your feet anyway. Sit down." Dipak blinks at everyone a few times. "I remembered shoes." Tre, Tye, and Thora all start laughing. Dracul rolls his eyes. I stand up. "Is there anything that can't wait until the afternoon meeting?" Dipak stands up. "Everyone go do something else." "What do you want us to do?" "Go catch up on paperwork for the morning meeting. And make sure all the advisors have an office please. Tired of finding Kane outside every room I'm in. And Thora doing paperwork wherever she find a table to sit at. Tye is going to need one now too." Dipak nods. "Sounds good. Everyone do that." Frode stands up. "I'll get the offices. If you don't have one, come with me." Dipak says, "Don't forget Kane. He's not here." I stare at everyone left at the table. "Go do paperwork people. If you don't have any, help someone else." They all get up and leave. "Couch or bed babygirl?" "Let's find a bed." He puts his arm around me and leads me to my apartment. We both strip down and cuddle. I wake up about an hour before lunch and wiggle. "You want to get up or sleep for another hour love?" "1 more hour, sweetheart." I kiss his head. "I'm going to go get ready. I'll come back in an hour." He nods and I get all ready. Then I go over to my morning room and Kane and Tye are both in the hallway. "I thought I gave you both offices to stand in? And I'm glad you're still alive, Kane. Good job." He chuckles. "Mary is out, and old habits die hard. I keep following you." "I guess you can do my hair since Mary is sleeping. Did you guys eat yet?" They both shake their heads. "Come in." "Where is Dipak?" "Still sleeping. I'll wake him up in half an hour." I sit on my stool in the middle of the room and attempt to show them how to do hair. Dipak comes in after about 5 minutes. He just woke up. "Woman. No access." "Well, someone has to do my hair." He blinks at me a couple of times. "Oh fine." He goes up to Kane and Tye and shows them how to dry and do my hair. Tre comes in. "Are we having a party?" "Someone had to do my hair." "This room is no access. Do her damn hair in the hallway next time." I raise my eyebrows at him. "Sorry baby, I'm having a bad day. So much paperwork for that Yanin thing and now the money isn't counting out right from the vault. I mean, we have to much money there. But still we should know what's in there. There is no reason for this much of a discrepancy. I am going through all the papers with Frode trying to figure out where it came from." Dipak nods. "How much extra we have?" "87k." "It was her money drawer. Are they just catching that now?" "No, that money went in the bank. Not the vault." "I bet it got moved somehow. Go check the bank. I bet it's 87k down." Tre rubs his eyes. "I bet we marked it as bank and put it in the damn vault." I smile at him. He gives me a kiss. "I love you." "I love you too." "I'll see you at the meeting. I'm going to go fix this." "You need to eat first, Tre. Fixing it can wait a few minutes." "Ok I'll eat first. You need anything?" "Me and Dipak both need food, water, and blood. They both need food and water. We seem to be a mess, Tre." He goes out in the hallway then comes right back in. "Me and Frode are both going to have to go." Dipak smiles. "I'll postpone the afternoon meeting for an hour." The 5 of us eat lunch in the morning room. Then Tre leaves to sort out the bank stuff. I sit back in my chair and drink the rest of my blood. A random guard opens the door. "Dr Nadia, you are being summoned to the medical area by Dr. Cruor." "This is how it started last time." "I'll go with you sweetheart." "No. Last time..." Kane nods. "We'll take her up and look around. You can go get ready." "You ok with that, sweetheart?" I nod at him and put my cup down. He kisses my head. "I'll come check on you after I get dressed." I smile at him. "Thank you." I get to the nurse's desk and Elkie is sitting there in tears. She hands me a folder and then starts sobbing. She runs to Kane and he wraps her up. I sit down. One of the triplets is not doing well. They seem to have a lot of injuries for a newborn. Broken arm, cracked skull, dislocated shoulder. These are all previous injuries. Listed at a fall or drop. Dr. Cruor is standing at the corner of the desk. He's staring at the ground. I turn the page. The newborn now has a broken leg. Again listed as a fall or drop. I sit back. "Who is in the room with the baby?" "Her mother and father." "Is that all?" "Yes." "Where are the other 2?" "Unknown." I look at Kane and Tye. "Detain both parents for medical questioning. Do not put them together." Kane hands Elkie to Cruor. "Room 10. You need a veil or to hide when they go by." I go to my office and put on the nurse's outfit. I come back out and the boys already have them out of the medical area. I go to the babies room, and she is laying there smiling at me. I take the veil back off. "You are beautiful. I hear you are having a rough start." I mess with her leg a little bit. "It's healing. Probably going so slow from all the other injuries you have had. We're going to slow down for a few days, and you can stay with me and my boys while we sort everything out." I do a full body exam on her, and she has no other injuries currently. I hear the door open. "You are so beautiful. You have beautiful bright eyes." I pick her up. Kane and Tye are watching me. Tye's eyes go dark. He's young for that. But I guess he's not much younger than Tre. I stare at him for a second. He glances at Kane and Kane laughs. "You've got dark eyes. It's best not to look at her with a baby. Especially around her mates." "It happens. You're not doing anything wrong. Yea, don't look at me with her near Dipak. Tre would probably laugh. I remember when I had 2 girls. I even had Kane's eyes dark." "Twin girls and all 3 of them in pink dresses." He shakes his head. "I think everyone had dark eyes that day." "Even Dracul... I should get this little one a pink dress." I play with her little fingers. Kane nods. "You need to do the medical questioning with Cruor. I'll be in the room with you as well." "I hate this part of the job." I hand the baby to Tye. "Be careful Tye. She's been through enough. And her broken leg is healing slow. So she probably has some internal healing going on too." A tear falls from my eye and I kiss her little head while he holds her. "Let me get her a blanket." "When is the last time she ate anything?" "She had blood in here. But I don't know about food." "I'll send for a bottle right away. See if she will take any of it." Tye looks good with a baby too. He's all cuddling her. He smirks at me. Kane smirks. "Maybe I should hold the baby." I shake my head. "No. He can take her to Dipak or Tre. Or hold her for the meeting. I will be up as soon as I can. Make sure someone tries to feed her, and whoever holds her needs to know that she is injured." "I'm holding all the babies from here on out." "Yea, and what are you going to do when Mary's eyes go dark? Throw it back at one of us?" "Probably." We all laugh. "You ok doing this?" Kane hands me the folder again. I get so mad. How could a baby's own parent do this? "I'm changing things. The other 2 children are to be found and removed immediately. Kane, you will assist in finding their locations. You will leave immediately when we are told where they are. You will perform a forced evacuation of them and bring them here. They both need an exam as well. Take anyone you chose to assist. Tye will take Zara to Tre now. Tell Tre to notify his mother." We all go down the hallway.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD