20. Medical Questioning

1827 Words
Cruor meets us at the desk with a couple of folders. He comes with us. "Turns out they have 3 other children. The 2 that were born that day. And 1 that was born 20 years before. There have been no medical incidents on any of the other 3." The guards see us coming and open the doors. Kane leads me and Cruor up a level into some unused offices. They are now under guard. We go in the first room with the father. "We have found some inconsistencies with Zara's injuries. We are also concerned about the frequency of injuries. Please tell us more." "It's my mate. She is always falling down. She's always had bad balance. Falls down stairs all the time. She's had Zara with her the last couple of times. Then she slipped in the bath before that." "We will be verifying all this with her. As well as your home having stairs." "Of course that is fine." Kane shakes his head no. "The other 2 will need to be brought in immediately for an exam as well. Are they in the home now?" Dipak comes in but doesn't say anything. "No, they are in house 34. It's my mate's mother. She is watching them, so we could bring Zara here. She's healing so slowly." Kane doesn't move. "And the other child?" "Same, she is with my mate's mother." Kane walks out the door. "Zara is not a victim of a drop or fall. She was forcibly thrown into something hard enough to crack her skull and dislocate her shoulder. SHE IS A NEWBORN BABY! WHAT THE f**k IS WRONG WITH YOU?" "IT MUST HAVE BEEN HER MOTHER!" "TELL ME THE TRUTH OR I WILL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW!" Wow, I am surprised how mad I am. Dipak pulls me out of the room. "You have to check his story, sweetheart. Where is the mom?" I give him a dirty look. "I would assume that room over there with the guards outside of it." He smacks my butt. "Ouch." I cross my arms. "Sorry. I'm a little emotional." He winks at me. "I love you." "I love you too." The mom is absolutely hysterical. "MY BABY?" "Zara will be fine, ma'am. We have to ask some questions about the amount of injuries she is sustaining. How did she break her leg?" "I fell in the bath. I fell on her leg." "And the cracked skull and dislocated shoulder?" "The same thing. My bath is so slippery." "Your mate said you fell down the stairs?" Her eyes get big. Then she hits the ground sobbing. "Why don't you tell me the truth now?" "She's not my mates. He doesn't want her." My world stops spinning for a minute. "He's mean to her. He threw her into her bed because she was crying." Dipak holds me closer and takes over the questioning. "That is how she got the broken leg?" "Yes sir." "What about the cracked skull and dislocated shoulder?" "He threw her into a wall by her arm." She is sobbing so hard on the floor. "I went out when I was in heat. I thought I had more time before it really kicked in. A man forced me. I didn't do it on purpose, but he hates me and her both now. He doesn't want her. I thought I could keep her safe. Make him realize that she is still mine. But he doesn't love me anymore." I take a deep breath and help her sit up. "Is he or has he hurt you?" She cries harder. "Where are your 3 other children?" "With my mom. House 32." Dipak drags me out. Tye and Dracul are standing there. "We were given false information. The other 3 children are at house 32. You need to remove them now." "Bring them to the medical area please." They run out. "I'm not real sure how to do this part." "I'll do it, sweetheart. You want to stay out here?" "No." "So, she had a baby that's not yours. Bet that pissed you off. I mean we have ways to deal with the problem child, so you don't have to see her anymore. If you are interested in something like that." He gets a disgusted look on his face. "I'm shocked the w***e would even admit to it. Do you have any ways to deal with a w***e mate too? Just f*****g get rid of both of them." I can feel my heart shattering. How can someone talk like this about their mate and a newborn? "So you want to reject the bond and send the mother away with the child?" "She wants to f**k around and get pregnant by someone else. Fine. But I don't have to accept that little b***h or her w***e mother anymore. Yes, send them away. What kind of woman f***s multiple men and gets pregnant by them and expects everything to go on? f*****g WHORES." Everything starts spinning. "So you do admit that you threw the child and hurt the mother?" "Yes. I should have thrown them both out the f*****g door. Shouldn't have even let the w***e back in the house." I have heard enough. I jump over the table so fast the veil flies off. I put my hand straight in his throat and rip it out. I am covered in blood instantly. Then I rip his f*****g head off. I hear the mother scream from down the hall. Then I try putting my hand into his chest to rip his heart out. I've seen Dipak do it. But I apparently can not do that. I keep punching him. Dipak pulls me off and stands me up. Him and Cruor stare at me. "Problem solved." I go back to the medical area. Dipak has one of the guards carry the mother down to see if she's alive. The medical area guards see me coming and open the doors. They watch me go by with their eyebrows up. I get by the desk and Tye, Dracul, and Kane all stare. "The father didn't make it." Dorseti puts an eyebrow up. "You need a bath. That is not a good look for you." Dipak stands beside me and rubs his eyes. "Sweetheart..." "No." "Ok... Guards summon Tre and Omar to the medical area." Dracul sits up. "Did her dragon take over?" "No. I put my hand in his throat and ripped it out. Then I knocked his head off. I tried to rip his heart out, but I could not get my hand through his ribs." "Yes, that is nearly impossible. What did he do?" "Zara wasn't his. He was beating her and the mother." "Problem solved then." "That's what I said." Elkie comes around the corner. "Wow, you really need a bath." Tre and Omar come up to the desk. Dipak rubs his eyes. "Father was beating a newborn and his mate because the child wasn't his." "Well, we can see how she felt about that. Did the dragon take over?" Dorseti pulls something out of my hair. "That just doesn't go there." Then she goes away. "No, it didn't take over." Omar smiles. "Well, this is excellent news." Everyone stares at him shocked except me. Tre asks, "Why?" "This is the first time something like this happened and the dragon didn't have to take over. This is major progress. Go take a bath. We'll talk in a bit." I let the water dump on me. Tre comes in after a bit and helps me. Then we go back out to the desk. They are all still standing there talking. "She's not talking now." I wrap my arms around Tre's waist and holding him. He puts his arms around me and kisses my head. I snuggle into his chest. Omar crosses his arms. "Well, that is a bit of a delayed reaction. But, go sit at the house with her or something for a bit. Then I'll talk with her." Dipak nods. "I'll come over there once I get finished here." Tre picks me up and I snuggle him. "I want boar." "I'll bring you a boar babygirl." Tre looks at Omar. "I'll make a fire. I guess we're having dinner there tonight." "I'll grab some vegetables and cheeses." "You want Mary or me over there?" Dipak smirks. "If Mary is still not awake you can come and eat boar off the fire. You can bring her some back. But we're not going to need either of you, let her sleep." "I don't think she'll be awake. I'll bring Tye as my date." I bust out laughing. "HEY GUARD... SUM" "NO. YOU ARE NOT SUMMONING GUNNER FOR s*x WITH ME WOMAN." I laugh even harder. Then everyone laughs. Tre smiles at Tye. "If you ever get summoned somewhere for s*x, it's not real. She likes to play jokes on people with the summoning." Dipak shakes his head. "One time it was 2 in the morning. She was drunk. I don't think anyone went to sleep that night." Dracul rolls his eyes. "They summoned me from my sleep to the river." "Your hair was everywhere." "Stop laughing, or you're going to pee woman." Tre stands me up and starts fanning me. Omar yells. "SICK BABY HORSE." "That was so sad." Tre smiles. "Yes, but you slept in the barn and saved it." He smirks. "We're leaving now." "We'll follow Dipak over." "I'm going to feed Fred and Bob." "And the chickens, baby." "I can make you a door if you want." "Yea, that'll be easier." Omar does something to the door then opens it. I can see out my front door. It's so peaceful. I watch for a minute then jump right through. I sit on my swing. A few seconds later, Tre joins me on the swing and puts his arm around me. He pulls me close and kisses my head. Later that night, the 6 of us eat around the fire. We talk and laugh. We wonder if Mary is ever going to wake up. After everyone leaves, Tre makes love to me by the fire. Then we go to bed. Both meetings the next day are very boring. I'm glad I'm in a human dress. At least I'm comfortable. "Everyone, I am going to leave now. I want to go check on Zara and not be late for dinner." "We have the plans for the ship. I'll take them to the morning room. We can go over them after dinner." I smile at him. "That will work sir. You will want Tye there as well. He spent time on a boat. He knows weird things." Tye smiles. "I do know some weird things." Dipak nods. "Kane and Tye can come in too. We'll all go over them and see if anyone wants anything added." "I'll bring Mary. She knows weird things too." We all laugh. "She really does."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD