33. Tre's Crown

1809 Words
We continue down the path and I see an outline of a barn. It's really far into a field. I can barely see it, and it's getting dark. Tye fills everyone's cups and drops the bottle. I stare at the barn for a while. What I can see of it anyway. I don't think it has any other buildings around it. "What are you looking at?" "That barn." He looks. "I don't see it." "It's fairly far. It doesn't seem like it belongs there." As I watch it as the sun goes all the way down. I lose it completely. I go for it. Right through the grass field. The other 3 follow me. 3 dragons land right in front of me. Dipak shakes his head. "I thought you were on a tour?" Dorseti nods. "We are." Elkie smiles. "There was a tunnel, and now we are lost. Are we still on the property?" "No. That was a wonderful path of empty bottles and cups to find you all. So thank you for the tracking path. And did you have to destroy that house searching for more wine?" Elkie yells, "THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT. I WAS TRYING TO SEE BEHIND THE BOWLS." Tye cracks up laughing. "She almost peed in it." Then everyone laughs. Dorseti trips over something and falls over. She jumps up. "SORRY MY SHOES BROKE." Tye refills our cups. Tre's staring in the direction of the barn. Kane is watching him. Then Dipak watches him. Dipak smirks. "Where were you going?" "That barn." "Why?" "I have no idea." Tre puts his arm around me. "Yea, let's go check it out." We get to the barn. Dorseti looks around. "Looks like every other barn I've ever been in." "Yea, but what's up there?" I climb the ladder to the loft. Tre walks to the other side of the barn. I fly down and go to him. He's deep in thought. Then he see's something on the floor and pulls. It is a hidden door. It has hinges and opens right up into a staircase going down. I take 2 steps down and my feathers turn black. I follow Tre down the steps. We get down to the bottom and there is a door in front of us. Nothing else. It won't open. "I'm going to get us some fire my king. I can hardly see anything at all." I get a glass of wine and a torch. They are all sitting around. Dorseti is playing in the loft. Kane and Tye are sword fighting. Then I go back down. "Thanks baby. That does make it easier." He's messing with a puzzle on the door. Dipak comes in. "Always with these tests." He turns around and goes back up. Tre gets the door open after about 5 minutes. We enter a room that has a boulder in the middle of it and 2 small wooden boxes. 1 on each side of the boulder. He puts his hand in one. "It's a lever to pull. But it doesn't do anything when I pull it." He goes to the other box. "I can't get my hand in it." I put my hand in. "Same thing. A lever. Doesn't do anything when I pull it." "Let's try them at the same time baby. Go on 1. 3..2..1" -Crack- The boulder crumbles apart and out pops the box like my crown came in. I beat him to it and pick it up. There is nothing at all on this one. No grooves. Nothing. I hand it to him. "Your box sir." Hemesses around with it. All of a sudden, he starts running his fingers on something. Then he slides them into place. The box pops open and falls to the ground. He hits his knees and the tears come out of his eyes. He takes it out of the white cloth. Then he holds it and cries. I wrap my arms around him and hug him as best as I can. "Your crown my king." "It has the same stones that match your eyes." "It's amazing. Can I see you in it?" He hugs it again. Then he shakes his head and stands up. I take it out of his hands and put it on his head. His eyes are so red. He's crying more now. "You look amazing my king." I give him a kiss then I curtsey and stay low. He pulls me back up and gives me the biggest hug. "I love you my queen." "I love you my king." I get the box and fabric and we go back up. Kane's eyebrows pop up. Elkie and Dorseti run to us and see the crown. They curtsy on the spot. Kane and Tye walk up and kneel. Tye about falls over but Kane grabs him. I give Dipak a wink. "Oh fine, but don't expect it anymore." I smile and he kneels by Kane. I curtsy to Tre again. He wraps his arms around me. "My king." "My queen." He gives me a kiss. Kane rolls his eyes. "Will 1 of you say rise?" Tre smiles. "Rise, sorry forgot." We get about 30 feet away and the entire barn collapses. "I got the box this time." Dipak winks. "They are waiting in the dining room for 2 drunk teenagers to show up. Me and Kane will take Elkie and Dorseti. Make sure she doesn't let go. Tre try to keep these 2 out of tree's. Shove them into the dining room. We'll get Dorseti and Elkie somewhere and be there shortly." "DRUNK DRAGON RACES." "YOU ARE NOT WINNING." Me and Tye take off at the same time. I go as fast as I can, and he keeps up with me. I think we can go about the same speed. We are really fast. I see the castle and go for the advisor wing door. I'll take a shortcut. He see's me go for it, and he dives for it too. We are so close. I have no idea who will win. I try to get closer to the tree. It will make it a little closer for me. I'll be able to get in the lead if I do that. I get as close as I can, and I run right into it. It slows me down, and he gets ahead of me. We fly in the door and up the stairs. I am right behind him going down the hallway. He turns into the dining room right before I do. Then he stops. I fly right into the back of him. We fall out of the air and tumble across the floor. He's half laying on me and I turn back. Everyone is staring at us. "HE CHEATED." He turns back. "I DID NOT WOMAN." Tre flies in and lands then turns to vampire. "AAAAHHHHH!" Asa screams and jumps up. She jumps over me and Tye and hugs Tre. My momma goes right behind her. They hug on him while Tye and I try to get up. Dracul goes over to Tre. They even hug. Then my dad shakes his hand. I give up trying to get up. I smile at Tre. Tye must give up too. Both of us sit on the floor and watch them all congratulate Tre. Dipak and Kane come in. Dipak picks me up "Ass in seat woman." Kane pulls Tye off the floor and puts him in his seat. "There you go." Then he goes and sits by Mary. It takes everyone a bit to sit down. Tre sits at the end of the table. I hook my foot on him, and he smiles. Then he rubs my knee under the table. I smile at him. Then I reach out and touch his head and the crown. "I love you my queen." "I love you my king. I love how it matches mine.... DADDY." "NO MY PRINCESS." I give him a dirty look. "So who won the race?" I point at Tye. "HE CHEATED!" "I DID NOT WOMAN. YOU HIT A TREE." Everyone laughs. He winks at me. "You are really fast though. I've never met anyone that can keep up with me." "Dipak is faster." He raises his eyebrows. "Yes. I think it's so I can catch drunk teenagers when they run away from me." Me and Tye laugh. "We weren't running away from you. We were racing. You already told us where to go." He kisses my head. Kane sits back. "That is true. I never met anyone that could keep up with me either. Yet none of you have a problem with it." "Dipak is probably faster than you too. And if he's not, he'll shove you into a tree so he wins anyway." "I did not shove you in the tree." "I'm sorry. That's not what I meant. Dipak is really competitive. He does not like losing at all. He will shove Kane into a tree. I have no doubt." Tre smiles. "We should try sober dragon races. Push straight to the coast over Galhurst. Straight line. See who is really the fastest." Dipak nods. "We can all take off at the same time and I will be there waiting for you when you land." I point at Dipak. "See?" Tye starts laughing. "I got to Omar's in 2 hours. That's a 2-day journey. So I can go for a 1 day carriage ride in an hour. I mean if we go to Garlhurst. That's only a 4-hour carriage ride. I'll be there in 5 or 10 minutes." "That's true. How much distance are we actually going be able to break apart in 5 minutes?" I pat Dipak's shoulder. "Don't worry. I'm sure you would still beat us all by at least 2 minutes." He smiles at me. "I love you woman." He pulls me in and kisses my head. "I love you too." I lay my head on his shoulder. "We should still start there. We can go further if we need to. But I think that would be good to start with." My eyes get heavy. Tye sits back. "Can we not do it in the morning?" I close my eyes. Tre laughs. "Yea, I don't see either of you waking up early. Well, she might. She's sleeping now." Dipak sits me up in my chair. "You need to eat before you sleep." Tre signals for food. I sit there staring at the table. I fall off the chair. I stand up quick. "I think maybe I need sleep more than food." "Yea." Dipak picks me up. "I'll be right back." He carries me to bed. I try to pull him in with me. "I love you sweetheart. I'll come back after I eat and keep you warm." "I love you." I fall right to sleep.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD