32. Tour Continued

1052 Words
We get to the advisor hallway. "I live here. You can see my place and I can drop off this stool." I sit the stool in the middle of the floor. "I don't know if they are all the same. I really doubt if they are. It seems like I have an extra bedroom for my clothes though. And my bath is different. They redid it for me when I moved in." We tour my bath. "This is huge princess." "Yea, I like my baths. Took a 6-hour bath once. Momma was mad because I kept having food delivered to it." I show them my closet. The girls mouths fall open. Dorseti smiles. "I've never seen so many pretty dresses." "Or jewels." Elkie's mouth is open. She reaches out to touch a tiara. She pulls her hand back quick. She doesn't touch it. I put it on her head. "You can wear one today." Then I turn and put one on Dorseti's head. "Just for the day. The cranky old men at the table get really mad when I lose one or any of the stones." They start crying. I glance at Tye. "You want one too?" He takes a drink and as he shakes his head. I smile and put one on him anyway. Elkie nods. "Sir, you do not make a very pretty princess." "Yea, you'll look good with a crown though." I feel something connect in my chest. He raises his eyebrows and then I ignore it. I don't know where that even came from. It was probably something with Tre, since we sent the moms after him. Mary comes flying in the room. "WHAT IS GOING ON?" I give her a weird look. "Taking a tour, Mary." "Of your apartment? Everyone out. Find something else to tour." Tye takes the tiara off his head and puts it on mine. "That's better." He winks at me. "Actually you don't need that today. Go get your crown if you want something on your head. You 2 can wear them." She pulls it off my head. Next, we end up in the theater. We refill our cups and then mess around. "I got veiled in here. Then I got deveiled down the hallway 3 minutes later." Everyone cracks up. Elkie roams around behind the stage. "What is all back here?" "I don't know. Never went back there." I follow her. "THERE'S A TUNNEL." Elkie yells. I run over. There really shouldn't be a tunnel here. Sure enough, there is a door leading down a level. We all go down and there is an actual tunnel going off to the side of it. "That's not a servants' tunnel. That's an actual tunnel." Dorseti smiles. "Let's see where it goes." Tye shrugs his shoulders. I take off into the tunnel. "It's very dark. Can we get fire first?" "Yes, come back here." Tye is doing something to some torches. He gets 4 of them. Then he refills everyone's wine cups. We leave the bottles and start down the tunnel. Each of us have a torch and a cup. We walk for a long time. Like a really long time. "I'm beginning to think this will go forever." I finish my wine and drop the cup. Tye laughs. "It has to come out somewhere. And probably soon. We've went a long way." I trip over nothing again and this time I take out Elkie. Dorseti tries to help us up, then she falls too. "How do you fall on flat land?" Elkie jumps up. "Her shoes stopped working again Tye." She gives him a dirty look. He rubs his eyes for a second. "Yes, I should have known." He pulls Dorseti up and then me. "Thank you sir." "Let's keep going. We're probably about there." After another 20 minutes, we come to a door that won't open. Me, Dorseti, and Elkie try to beat it open. Elkie yells, "WE ARE GETTING YOU OPEN." I kick it. "OPEN ALREADY." "Move you 3. I'll push it through." We all move and his eye's go red. He hits the door, and it budges but doesn't open. That makes him mad for real and he smashes it down. He takes a second to calm down and Dorseti smiles at him. "Wherever we're going, I hope they have more wine." We laugh, and she sets her cup down. We go up the steps and into an empty, falling down farm house. We go out the front door. There is nothing anywhere but an overgrown path leading to the farmhouse. It's getting dark. It's hard to see far. Elkie drops her cup on the path. "We are never getting more wine." We take the path and 5 minutes later, there's another house. There's no one inside, but it seems like it's lived in. "Stay here." I climb in the window. I climb in as slowly and carefully as I can. I maneuver over a table in front of the window and step down onto the floor. I go to the door. Right as I turn the knob, the table, I came in on crashes to the ground. Everything on it breaks. Elkie jumps up. "I came in the window with you." "SHHHH." I open the front door and the other 2 come in laughing. Then we laugh. It takes us a few minutes to stop. Dorseti smiles. "What are we doing?" "I don't remember why I wanted to come in here." I bust out laughing again. Tye rubs my back. "Well don't pee in their house." We laugh so hard. Elkie rolls her eyes. "I'll just see if they have wine since we're already in here." We all follow her to the kitchen and go through stuff. Dorseti yells, "I FOUND CUPS." Tye rubs his eyes. Elkie opens a cupboard high on the wall, and all kinds of bowls come crashing down on her. "Sorry I was trying to see if there was anything behind them. I FOUND WINE." I run to her. There is 3 unopened bottles. We grab them all. "I forgot where the cups were." We all bust out laughing again. After a minute, Tye gets us 4 cups. I look around. "Let's go before they come home." Tye comes out last and leaves the doorf open.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD