1911 Words
I didn’t know what to say. Why was I even in the room? The question was hard to answer. Was I falling for the man behind the mask? I lowered my head but nodded. He moved over, giving me room on the left side. He kept staring at me as I crawled over him to get to the side he offered me. I was trapped between him and the wall. A thought crossed my mind: maybe my being trapped was what he wanted, or he just didn’t like sleeping next to the wall. I lay down, facing away from him. I could still hear him breathing over my shoulder, and I knew he was still watching me. I didn’t feel tired but didn’t want to be alone. I could have gone to Blake’s room to sleep, but Danny was probably sleeping on his floor or in his lazy-boy chair. I felt my stalker wrap an arm around me. He pulled me closer to him and laid his head on the base of my neck. I lay there until he fell asleep. I started laughing when I heard him begin to snore. I was happy I wasn’t the only one. I soon fell asleep, even though I wasn’t tired; just lying there doing nothing made me tired. I woke up to someone screaming. I heard my stalker’s deep voice, and Danny’s arguing back and forth. I could hear the smile play on my stalker’s face as he talked. “You must have brought her in here when you came in,” Danny shouted. “No, she came in on her own. I was surprised, too. But I was okay with it.” “Yeah, well, now that she is out of Dagon’s control, you do not need to be here. You can go whenever.” “Will you two stop already?” I said, sitting up in bed. “You should go. I won’t be here much longer anyway. Today is an important day, and I have somewhere I need to be.” Danny smiled and then left the room. My stalker looked at me, confused. “You’re pushing me away again? Already? After last night, why?” “I’m not pushing you away. I may look like hell frozen over, but I have somewhere to be. You know my life very well; just think, and I’m sure you will figure it out,” I replied with a smile. He looked up, thinking for a moment. “Oh, s**t. How the hell did I forget about Dean’s birthday.” I smiled, “It’s Dean’s birthday. I have to go see him.” His face turned sad, “If I let you go now, you won’t return. Baby, you may not want to admit it, but we have been getting closer. I have been happy. I’m not sure about you, but I believe you have been happy too. I know how important Dean is to you, but I just wish we could spend more time together like we are now. So, when you discover who I am, I might have a better chance of keeping you.” I looked down. He was right. Even if I wanted to come back, there was no way I would be able to get away. “I’m not sure what would happen, but because of my mixed and confusing emotions, I promise to text or call you when I can.” His yellow eyes lit up, and he smiled. “It’s a deal then. I’ll be waiting to hear from you. Please don’t change your mind.” “I will not.” “I will see you there,” he replied, smiling. “Are you giving me a hint about who you are?” “Maybe, maybe not. There may be many people there; he is the head detective. But... that is for you to figure out.” He came closer to me. Without warning, he placed a gentle kiss on my lips. “You shouldn’t do that.” He c****d his head to the left and smiled. He then turned around and walked out of the room. I walked into Blake’s room and started going through his clothes. I had nothing to wear, so his clothes would have to do. He never minded me wearing them before. I pulled out his black Iron Maiden T-shirt and black basketball shorts. I grabbed a pair of his socks and then put them back. There was no reason to wear socks when I had no shoes. Blake’s shoes would never fit me. I grabbed everything and then headed for Blake’s shower. I quickly washed up, cursing Blake for only having two in one shampoo and conditioner. His Axe body wash smelt good, though. I used his razor to shave, knowing that he would be pissed about it later. I rinsed myself off and turned off the water, stepping out and stealing his towel. The cuts on my body felt better, thanks to Billy stitching me up. I looked in the mirror and hated what I saw. I didn’t want Dean to see me this way, not on his birthday. I knew it would just make him angry. I looked around the bathroom and was surprised that I had found some makeup in one of the drawers. After closing it, I noticed a label on the drawer. It read: Stupid ex-girlfriends. I laughed. If only his exes had left some clothing for me to wear. I quickly did my makeup the best I could. I was about to cry but forced myself to stop so I wouldn’t ruin my eye makeup. I looked around; sometimes, Blake would put some gel in his hair, and I was hoping I could find it. When I did, I managed to make my hair look somewhat nice. I took a deep breath and walked out. Blake was in his room getting ready. “You look nice in my clothes,” he said, smiling. His face then twisted. “Please tell me you didn’t use my razer.” I put on my best smile, “Ivy, dang it. You know I hate that s**t. Every time a woman uses my razer, it cuts my face the next time I use it.” “At least I told you about it. I also used some makeup from the ‘stupid ex-girlfriend’ drawer.” He laughed, “Alright. What are you getting all dressed up for anyway? A night out with the stalker?” “It’s Dean’s birthday,” I replied. “Why would you even ask that?” “I noticed a few things last night. You’re getting closer to him. I just wanted to know.” “You’re not mad about it?” He smiled at me. “Ivy, you’ll do whatever you want, whether I say I like it or not. I’m your friend and will always be your friend, no matter what. I disagree with his actions, but he loves you and would do anything for you. He has even proven that he would walk through hell for you. And that is all I want for one of my best friends. I will be okay with whatever you decide, as will Danny, even if he hasn’t said it yet.” “Well, that makes me feel a little better. I doubt my family will be as understanding.” “Ivy, I know many things are going on in your life, and Danny is upset that you haven’t told us about them, as am I. We’re supposed to be your best friends, yet you don’t tell us anything.” “I’m sorry about that. I promise to be better. This stuff can be so dangerous to get involved in. Look at what Dagon did to me; I had nothing to do with anything.” He smiled and nodded. “Now get out of my room. I just remembered I had a birthday party to get ready for.” I walked out of the room laughing. I felt better after my talk with Blake. Even though it wasn’t about everything, I knew he would always be on my side. I walked into the living room and saw Danny was already gone. I turned the TV on and waited for Blake to get ready so I could ride over with him. I switched it to the news. “Police have discovered the bodies of fifteen men and two women in an abandoned building today along crates filled with h****n. Police are stumped on what happened. There are signs of torture rooms, and they have recently been used. Police have no suspects at the time.” A smile came to my face. I forced back tears. Mixed emotions ran through my head. I hated having to look at the building where I was abused for so long, but I was happy that they didn’t suspect my stalker, Blake, or Danny. Blake came down the stairs, and I shut the TV off. “Are you ready to go, finally?” I asked, knowing he would look in the mirror for the next five minutes. “Yeah, get to the car.” I walked out to the car, followed by Blake, and opened the passenger’s side door to get in. A red rose was on my seat with a note attached to the stem. The smile that came to my face worried me, but I couldn’t get it to go away. I pulled the note off gently and unfolded it. It read: Hey Baby, I’m going to miss you today. I enjoyed sleeping beside you last night and hope to do it again soon. I love you with all my heart, and one day, I know you will love me fully. Please don’t forget about your promise. I will be waiting for your call or text. I love you, Yours’ Forever I slipped the note into my pocket. Blake looked at me, smiled, shaking his head, and then shut his door. “Shut up,” I said. “I didn’t say anything.” “You were thinking it.” Not saying another word, he started up the car, and we left. I was excited to see everyone, but I was taken over by fear as soon as we hit the end of the driveway. I knew I would see Colin there. What would he think about everything? Would he be angry with me? Would my father want to see me? Would Ozzy? They didn’t seem to mind me being in there with Dagon. Dean and I never had a chance to talk about anything that happened, and I wasn’t sure if my father told him about my situation. I knew my family would ask how I got out of Dagon’s control. They would ask about my stalker. I didn’t know what I was going to say to them. It seemed that all my fear surrounded my family. I decided then, in the car, that I would answer every question they asked, and I would answer with the truth. I was unsure what that was, but I wanted to feel better about myself, and coming clean was an excellent way to start. The only truth I could come up with was that I was starting to care deeply for the man they called my stalker. Although it was scary, even for me, it was something everyone would have to accept.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD