1502 Words
We were at the station, where everyone decided to hold the party for Dean. He hadn’t shown up yet, but I was happy about that. I was searching everywhere for my stalker. He said he would see me at the party. I noticed Colin, and he looked angry with me. I walked up to him and told him I wanted to talk sooner or later. I was sitting at a table when Daryl approached me. He took a seat in the chair next to me and looked confused. “I didn’t expect to see you here. Ozzy said you went on a trip and wouldn’t return for a while.” “I was staying with one of my father’s coworkers for a bit,” I replied. No one was able to tell that I had been beaten. I hid my face well with makeup, and the cuts on my feet were healing. Even though I wasn’t wearing shoes, the cuts were not seen if I didn’t lift my feet. “I missed you. It feels like you haven’t been around at all lately. I thought you would stay around for a bit when you came home.” “This was unexpected. I wasn’t planning on leaving.” “Then why did you?” “I didn’t have much of a choice. Things got bad, and I had to do something,” I said. I wasn’t sure I wanted to give him all the information. “Was it your stalker again?” “No, my stalker has been a great help to me lately. He has been...sweet.” “Sweet,” he replied, anger visible in his voice. “What is going on, Ivy?” “It isn’t your business, Daryl. Bad s**t happened to me; he was there for me, that’s all. He has always been there.” “Please don’t tell me you are getting feelings for the kid.” “I’m confused about what I feel for him. As my friend, I hoped you wouldn’t be angry with me.” “I’m not just some friend, Ivy. I’m also your ex-boyfriend, Ozzy’s friend. He won’t like this; I don’t like this.” “You’re allowed to have your opinions, Daryl, but whatever I decide will happen in the end. You can accept it, but that is up to you.” “I don’t,” he replied, standing up and walking away. I put my head down. It hurt that he acted that way, but I could understand why. He was not only shot by my stalker but lost his girlfriend as well. I know we hadn’t dated long, but I could understand that it still hurt him. I looked back at Colin; he was staring at my feet. I knew he was trying to figure out something by the look on his face, like why I wasn’t wearing shoes. He walked over to me and took Daryl’s seat. “Okay, I didn’t want to talk to you yet, but I must know. Why are you shoeless?” I rolled my eyes, “Have you noticed that nothing I’m wearing is my own?” “Yes.” “Blake’s shoes wouldn’t fit me.” “Why didn’t you take any clothes to Blake’s house if you were staying the night there? And why haven’t you answered any of my calls or text messages? It’s like you dumped me without dumping me. I’m pissed.” I was shocked. My father never told him what happened to me, either. I explained it to him. “I know it was a shock for me to be ripped out of your life, but I never intended to break up with you. However, I am starting to think it is the best call. I’m way too confused about things.” “So, you are leaving me. That hurts after everything we have been through. Are you going to cut me completely out of your life? And then your father tells me you left on some trip; now I realize how important I am to you.” “I’m surprised my father told you the same story he told Daryl,” I replied. I was angry. Colin would have been a great help in trying to get me out of that horrible place. “But yes, I am leaving you. Please understand. We’re incompatible, and I have too much going on in my head.” He looked confused. He then figured something out in his head, and his face turned sour. “Does this have to do with Dean?” I took a deep breath and started telling him the story of my life. Not that he didn’t know about Dean and my story, but I felt like I needed to remind him. Blake and Danny sat beside me as I told him everything that happened. When I got to the Dagon part of the story, I realized that if Colin didn’t know, then I was confident that Dean didn’t know either. “I’m sorry, Ivy. If I had known, you wouldn’t have been there that long,” Colin said when I finished. “How could you have known if my father made up some bullshit story to tell everyone.” “He told everyone that you just up and left on a trip. Why?” “I’m not sure why, but I’m pissed about it. Did Dad tell the same story to Dean?” “Yeah, he’s been worried sick about you. We haven’t talked much, but he said he would find you sooner or later.” “Not with my father leading him in the wrong direction.” “Even with that, he didn’t believe a word coming from your father’s mouth; he never does.” We continued talking for a while, and thankfully, Colin didn’t seem angry at me after hearing what happened and why I felt like I had to leave him; he just wanted closure. Dean finally showed up an hour late to his own party. I walked over to him and hugged him. He hugged me back tightly with a smile on his face. “I’m happy you’re okay. I knew he wouldn’t have let me down.” I was confused. I wasn’t sure what Dean meant by that. “What do you mean?” “Well, your stalker came to me and told me that Eric was unwilling to help him get you out. He told me everything. I had no idea you were at Dagon’s, but when he found you, he needed some help.” “Why weren’t you there then?” “Who said I wasn’t? I was there after you got out. I was the Lead Detective on the case. I tried to calm things down a bit, but finding dead bodies isn’t something people get over easily.” “You knew that my stalker was coming to save me? Why didn’t you come with him or at least bring in more people to help.”? “By the time he came to me, he was already planning to have you out that night. I heard his plan and thought it was a good one. But because of how late he came to me, I didn’t have time to help. It would have taken me a while to get something together. After he told me how they were treating you...” It looked like tears would fall from his eyes as he talked about what my stalker told him. “I was on his side, and I just wanted you out, but I was upset that I couldn’t get involved. I controlled things from afar. I hacked into Dagon’s security system and talked to him through an earpiece the whole time. I was telling him where people were standing, where they were hiding. That’s all I could do. I’m sorry I couldn’t do more. I had to make sure I still had my job after so I could help out when the bodies were found.” “He didn’t tell me any of this.” Dean smiled and tightly hugged me. “Well, I’m sure he had his reasons. By the way, I don’t care what your father says; you’re still staying with me. I really want to talk to you.” I nodded my head; I was okay with the demand. My father should have helped just like Dean had. He kissed my cheek and then walked off to mingle. Zac came up to me, with Ozzy following him. Ozzy pulled me into a hug. “Dad wouldn’t let me do anything about it. When I was taken out of Dagon’s, I was fed the same story as everyone else. Only Dad, James, and Ryan knew you were in there. I’m so sorry, Ivy.” I believed him; he was unconscious when Dagon’s men threw him out of the building. My dad didn’t want anyone to know I was in there. I didn’t understand why.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD