64. Check Me

1096 Words
The door flies open. "1 male, 1 female. Went over a cliff in a carriage." Dorseti yells, "Trauma rooms 2 and 3." Elkie grabs a bag of blood and throws it at me. Vitchen runs in the med room. I run in trauma room 2. The blood is not absorbing. "Was this the bad one?" "Yes." "I'm not seeing any absorption. Check for absorption Vitchen. I need the 2nd to call this 1." She runs in. I go over to 3. Elkie is putting a blood drip in. It absorbs fine. I do her exam. "Female. One leg missing above the knee." I wash it off. It should heal from there. Vitchen runs in. "It's absorbing very very slowly and they are mates. You had better work on him first." "She is a clean out if you want to begin with her." "Of course." Back in 2, nearly every bone is broken. He hit a lot harder than she did. I need to open him up. The neck is broken. But it doesn't feel that bad. I can check it later. I need to see the heart. I cut down his chest and open him up. Sure enough, there is a small piece of carriage sticking in the bottom part of his heart. It must have shot in and stuck there. I know I have to pull it out. But pulling it out will probably kill them both. Cruor and Sanesco are standing right outside the room. "I need thoughts. Male patient. Hard hit. Small piece of the carriage is stuck in the lower heart. Blood absorption very low. Other patient is his female mate. She is not near as bad. His neck is broken, but I need to deal with the heart first. That's where the problem is." "You're working against the clock, Nadine. You have no options. This has to come out now." "UGH. I was hoping one of you knew of a miracle. I mean he's not dead yet." Sanesco nods. "His chances are very low. All you can do is try." I slowly pull it out. It's a hole now. I grab the blood bag and flood the hole. That should help a little. Then I check the absorption. "It's going a little faster. He might make it." "AAAAAHHHHHHH!" I run across the hall to the girls room. Vitchen is freaked out. "WHAT?" "SHE HAD A HUGE SPIDER IN HER STOMACH." "WHERE IS IT?" "I DON'T KNOW. IS IT ON ME?" I run out in the hallway. "DIPAK." He comes flying up with 2 princes. They got their swords out. "THERE'S A SPIDER SOMEWHERE." They stare at me. "CHECK ME." Vitchen runs out. "NO CHECK ME FIRST." She starts taking off her dress. I lift mine up and check my legs. Dorseti about jumps out of her skin. "SPIDER." She points and here it comes walking out of the trauma room. "AAAAHHHHH!" It's really a group scream at this point. All 4 of us are running from this thing. We run away from it right into Elijah. Elek steps on it. We stare at his foot. Elkie whispers, "Is it really dead now?" Elek pulls his foot off it and it is very smashed. Elkie tip toes over. We hold Elijah. The spider's foot pops off the ground. "AAAAAAHHHHHH!" Elkie jumps right on Dipak's back. Vitchen climbs Elijah. Me and Dorseti scream again and move back. Cruor steps out of the trauma room rubbing his eyes. "Every single spider. The entire medical area comes to a complete stop. I swear. Girls, it is a little bug. It is more afraid of you than you are of it." He cleans it up and walks away with it crunched up in a paper. Vitchen and Elkie get down. I point at the spider girls door. "That's your patient sir. We're not going back there." Vitchen screams. "IT WAS IN HER STOMACH. IT RAN OVER MY HAND." She does a little shiver with her whole body. "I FEEL LIKE MORE ARE ON ME." I shake my hair out. "Go shower. It'll be fine." Dorseti starts sobbing. "I DON'T LIKE SPIDERS." "I don't either." Then I cry. "I really don't." Sanesco comes out of the trauma room. "This one is done. His…" He sees me crying. "He's fine now, it's done." "Thank you." Dipak smiles. "Go take a shower and try to relax for a couple of minutes. I will clear her out." "Will you check the shower for spiders first?" I wipe the tears off my face. "I have to get in there. Elek, will you go check the shower for spiders?" "Yea, I can do that." "Be careful. She will spider monkey you if anything moves." He chuckles. "Something tells me you are use to that." Dipak smirks. "You have no idea." I follow Elek to the shower. I keep hold of his shirt for our entire walk. I'm searching for spiders in every tiny place. We get in the shower room and look around. I don't let him get more than 2 inches from me. "I don't see any spiders." "Turn on the water. They could be in there and fall on me." He turns on the water and makes it warm. "No spiders." "Dress too. In that drawer." He opens my drawer. He pulls out a dress. Shakes it out. Then he grabs a pair of my underwear and shakes them out. He sits them on the cupboard. "No spiders." I give him a dirty look. "Did you not want me to check for spiders in them?" "I did, but still." He smiles. "Anything else?" "A towel. And around my soaps." He messes with the soaps and they are fine. Then he picks up the white towel and something black falls out of it. "AAAAHHHH!" I run out of the room. "It's fuzz. Come here. It's some fuzz. Come see." I sneak up on his hand and peek. It's fuzz. "I can take a shower now. But stay close and if I scream, you have to come and kill it." He puts his eyebrows up. "I will stay close." He leaves and shuts the door. I take a long shower and make sure nothing is on me before I go back. Elkie jumps up. "MY TURN." She runs in. I sit by Dorseti and comb my hair. Both princes come up to the desk laughing. "What's funny?" "Oh nothing. The doctors and Dipak are in with that girl. They say it'll be a few more minutes." I keep going with my hair.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD