63. Mate Wars

2236 Words
I sit in the morning room with my boys and Kane. "What's wrong babydoll?" "Dr. Cruor loves files. We got a whole new file system he's showing me this morning. He's going to be so excited going over files." Dipak winks. "I'll keep him rushed. We'll need to get a whole tour out of him." "Thank you. I don't want to go over the filing system for 6 hours." I go to the medical area. Dorseti and Elkie are sitting at the desk. I sit with them. "So did you get a kiss from the new prince yet?" Elkie is on the tip of her chair. "What was his name again?" "Prince Elek. And no. No kissing. I don't even think he's interested in me like that. But yes, he is cute." "He is interested." "Did you see the way he was smirking in your office when we were talking about him? He likes you." "He doesn't know anything about me." "He's already watching you like a hawk. He does like you. I bet he will try to kiss you today." "Me too. You should kiss him if he doesn't." "GIRLS." Dipak's coming towards us. "I was stopping you before we got closer and heard your boy talk." "Thank you. Now Dorseti doesn't have to hide." "Thank you." "You know Prince Elek. This is his brother, Prince Elijah." "WHO IS OLDER?" Elkie about falls out the chair. "Sorry I got excited." Elek says, "I am." "And this is Dr. Sanesco. They are going to be touring the medical area this morning." Dr. Cruor roams out of the med room. "I love this med room. I'm Dr. Cruor. I run the medical area. I'll be showing you around this morning. Feel free to ask questions. And I'm sorry for the girl talk you are sure to hear." They chuckle. "My name is Vitchen. I'm lead nurse here. I can answer questions as well. However, the most important thing you will learn here today is that boys are warm." The boys and Vitchen laugh, and she goes back to the med room. "This way. Nadine, you come as well. I will show you the new file system." It's like every other file room. Cupboards and shelves everywhere. "Each shelf is dated. Files for the next 6 months will go in here when they are done. After 6 months, we will move to another shelf. This way, they are in order by date. Once they get old enough, we can destroy the ones that were not substantial." I stand on a chair and stare at the limitless number of cabinets. "How old is old enough, doctor?" "We haven't hit the end of the shelves yet. But when we do, I'll let you know." Dipak puts his hands on my waist. He lifts me off the chair and puts me on my feet, right beside him. As close as I can get to him. He smirks at me. I step back. "Thank you sir." "My pleasure." "Now the most fascinating thing about having a file room is my office is not overflowing. We can now put the files in here. I'm thinking about reworking our paperwork now." "I bet that is nice. What is next on the tour?" "MY OFFICE." I drag him in my office. The Doctor and both princes follow. "We seen your office yesterday." "I put my Egypt stuff on the shelves now... SEE." "This is really nice. What made you think about giving doctor's offices like this?" "He got tired of them being crammed in my old office whenever something medical happened. They gave me my own conference table and everything. Now I can talk to families. I can do conferences. I can take a nap on my couch. I can do paperwork at my desk. I love it. It's perfect." The doctor nods. "It is very nice. Add this on to a file room. I can see how this place runs fast." "WHY ARE YOU ALL STANDING RIGHT INSIDE THE DOOR?" Elkie barges through them. "GO SIT AT THE TABLE." They sit down. "YOU DON'T SIT THERE DIPAK. IT'S HER OFFICE. SIT SOMEWHERE ELSE." He tries to move over one seat. "DON'T SIT THERE THAT'S MY SEAT." I go over and sit down. "I don't like this seat." "Why? It's your seat." "I don't like my back to the door." "Let's sit on the other side." We change ends. "Dipak you can sit there now." "I'm ok." "Your first conference. These tables are nice." "I wonder what kind of conferences we can have here." Cruor sits down. "What are we doing?" "Having a conference." "About what?" "Conferences." He nods. Elkie scratches her head. "Do boys ever get cold?" "Yes, we are subject to the temperature like girls are. We can get cold." "I've never felt a cold boy." I look at her funny. "Me either." Dr. Sanesco puts an eyebrow up. "Why are you feeling boys?" We freeze and stare at each other. She jumps up. "WE NEED TO WORK NOW." She pulls me out of the chair and out we go. The whole table cracks up laughing. "Well that's one way to end a conference." We get back to the nurse's desk. Dorseti smiles. "He was staring at you in the file room." "I didn't notice. But I am more exciting than old files, so it's not surprising." "I bet he stares at you all day. Try to catch him staring." "Why would he stare at me? That's weird." "Oh please. I remember when Tye started coming around. You could not take your eyes off him." "He couldn't take his eyes off her either. I don't know how they didn't fall over each other more." "Tye showed me he was interested right away. And then he said it. I told him I had a mate and we..." I rub my eyes. "Tried to stop staring." "You did great with that." I shrug my shoulders. "He is so cute though." "Speaking of Tye." "I brought you girls some fruit." I jump up and give him a hug. "Thank you." "You're welcome. I'm going over to the island inn this morning. I want to get some plans going." "We need to come up with some kind of vacation building here too. So you can make more money." He feeds me a grape. "Maybe tonight." "What are you 2 doing?" Dipak and 2 princes are coming towards us. "He brought us some fruit." "That was very nice. Don't you have something to work on now?" "Yea, I'm heading out now." He smirks. "Me and the princess are going to work on the inn later." Dorseti chokes on a grape and Elkie smacks her so hard it flies out in one hit. "Be quiet, it's getting good." Dipak crosses his arms. "We'll see if she has time. This tour may go all day." Elek looks around. "Yes, it's a big medical area." Tye winks at me. "After dinner then. I'll come by your place, and we can go from there." "Thank you again for the fruit sir." "Anytime." I can tell he's trying not to laugh as he leaves. "Want some grapes?" I hold the plate out to the boys. "Damn teenagers." They walk away. Elkie says, loud enough for them to hear, "Sounds like a date. I bet he kisses you." I see Elek and Dipak tense up. Even Dipak's mad. He lost that round. We talk about boys' temperatures and Tre comes in. I run around the desk. I give him a hug. I love him. "I'm going to Egypt baby. We got the morning off. Do you need anything before I go?" I shake my head. "I love you." "I love you too baby." He kisses my head. "I found a few castles that have big pretty formal gardens. You want to go see them with me this afternoon?" "Yes, please." He kisses my head again. "What are you 2 doing?" Elkie sits back down. "Here they come again. Don't choke this time." "Tre found some formal gardens. We're going to go see them this afternoon." Tre winks. "I know how you like pretty gardens." "This tour will not be done by the afternoon." Elek nods. "We're going to be here all day." "Tomorrow then. Maybe in the morning. That's the best light anyway." He kisses my hand. Elkie and Dorseti both say, "aww." "I'll come up and see you when I get back." "See you soon." "No one is ever getting another f*****g day off." Dipak leads the princes away again. Marcus comes in. The 3 of us bust out laughing. "What? I got your easels and paint. Where you want them?" "You have to help us. Nadine doesn't have a mate for these people. So every time they come out of a room for the tour another man is standing here. Dipak is getting pissed. Tre and Tye were here first. You have to ask her on a date and be sexy in front of them." Dorseti wipes her eyes. "Please you have to." "Flirt and look sexy?" "YES." Elkie loses it. "We are seeing how far we can push Dipak, apparently." "Let me get my hair out." He pulls his hair out, and we stare at him. He smirks. "I guess that's all I have to do to be sexy." I hear the door open again, and I stand so close I'm touching him. "What the hell now?" "Marcus brought me some paint and easels." "Wonderful. Maybe you can paint a pretty garden." Marcus smiles. "You like gardens?" "I love them." "I have an aunt with a nice one. You want to go with me and see it?" "I would love too." "Woman. Get on that side of the desk." "Where you want the easels and paint?" He tosses his hair. The 3 of us get closer to him and stare. Dipak rubs his eyes. Marcus does it a couple more times. "ALRIGHT. Put it in the yellow sitting room. I will figure it out later." He plays with his hair and winks at us as he turns to leave. We watch him and smile. "UH HUM Maybe you could find something to do." They walk away and Johen comes in. "Marcus told me. All I have is a half-torn up garden with a s**t ton of tomatoes. I don't think you'll want to see that." Elkie starts coughing. "Johen, you have an unsupervised house. No adults." "And a cow." "You want to go see the cow?" "I do. I've never seen one up close." "Wait until you hear the door open and pretend to be leaving. You can do a door right, Johen?" "Yep." I laugh. "Dipak might throw you through it." I hear the door open and run over to Johen. He starts making a door. "Where are you 2 going?" "To his house." "WHAT?" Dorseti smiles. "His parents are out." Dipak shakes his head. "Go behind the desk. What are you thinking?" "I want to see the cow." Johen smirks. "I have a cow." "BOY!" "WHAT? SHE WANTS TO SEE THE COW." "Yea Dipak. 20 minutes please?" Johen smirks. "More like an hour. It's a friendly cow." "WOMAN. YOU'RE COMING ON THE TOUR TOO." I storm behind him. "I want to see the cow." "ANOTHER TIME PRINCESS." He winks at me. I smile and nod. "Woman so help me. Get in here." Both doctors are in the conference room. "Everything ok?" I slam myself down on a chair. "Dipak won't let me go see a cow." "I'm sorry about that." Dipak rubs his eyes. Elek seems deep in thought. Cruor goes on and on and on about blah, blah, blah. Then we finally get out. Momma, Mary, Kane, and Thora are here. "I'm going to go visit my momma." "Yea that's fine." The boys go in a trauma room and shut the door. Asa comes in. "What show?" "They are flirting with Nadine in front of Dipak because she is pretending to not know who her mate is. Gunner is coming down to go shirtless next." "They are all getting in on this?" "Even Johen tried to steal me to go see his new cow." We laugh. Doseti smiles. "Marcus did so many hair tosses it was amazing." Kane takes his shirt over his head. "I have to be ready. They always go crazy for you." Gunner takes his shirt off. Him and Kane flex their muscles. We cheer for them. Elkie yells. "CAN WE TOUCH THEM?" Dipak and Elek come charging out of trauma. "WHAT THE HELL NOW?" Gunner makes more muscles for us. Dipak is staring at me. I bust out laughing. Then he knows it's a joke. He takes his shirt off over his head and flexes his muscles. Elek smirks and takes his shirt off too. He's got as many muscles as Dipak. He is nice to look at. "THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER." Thora screams. I sit back laughing. Cruor comes out of the room. "THIS IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR THE MEDICAL AREA. GET YOUR CLOTHES ON NOW." "BOOOOO!" "NO FUN." They put their shirts back on. Marcus comes in. "Did you like my hair tosses?" Dipak shakes his head. "I was wondering what the hell was going on." Dorseti stands up. "That was fun. We should probably do the rounds now though."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD