75. Damn Door

1236 Words
I get myself ready and make my way to Dipak's office. The morning meeting is already underway. The Borins are here now. Thora, Kane, Omar, and Tye stand up. They are trying to figure out where to put me. "Sit. You're fine. I have an insane amount of paperwork in the medical area, and I'm going to fix titles first." "Can I get the title paper?" Elek's at the end and not his dad. That's weird. He opens the drawer and pulls a paper out. "This one?" "Yes, this is it. Thank you. Everyone's titles should be adjusted today." Dipak comes in my title office. "You sure you don't want to be over there? I figured you would." "You're perfectly capable of handling it. And honestly, I have an insane amount of paperwork in the medical area. I will probably be there for a whole day, if not 2. And there are still some follow-ups I have to do." "Don't forget, the kids from Marcus's place are coming today at 3. The servants are going to practice with them. The food and juice vendors, the games, the stage, it's all set up. The band is going in after lunch. We figure the kids will be there until 6 or 7. Then we can eat dinner." "I will work on paperwork until 3. Then after dinner, hopefully, I can finish it. But I don't have to be at the festival the entire time either. I should be fine. I don't want to miss the kids being there though." "Yea that's why I wanted to remind you." He tilts my chin up and gives me a deep kiss. "Do we have time for that? I am in a soundproof office this time." "Sadly no. But I did put in the order to soundproof your office. It won't be long, and I'll have you bent over that desk screaming my name." His eyes go dark. I pull him in for another kiss. "SERIOUSLY. LET'S GO. IT DOESN'T TAKE THIS LONG TO SAY 3 O'CLOCK DIPAK." Thora's yelling from the sitting room. He gives me a little kiss and fixes his eyes before he leaves. It doesn't take me long to fix the titles and I get the order for Thora's in. Everyone watches me walk in Dipak's office again. "Sorry I keep interrupting. The titles are good now. Let me know if something isn't right. And do I need to be veiled for the kids?" Thora shakes her head. "No. But you might want to wear a princess outfit. The kids would love that." "I should give all the girls a princess dress." She shakes her head. "Our dressmaker would kill us if we put the order in for that right now... I'll make a drawing for them. We'll tell them the winner gets a princess dress. Then I'll pick the one closest to your size and say she won." Tre puts his pen up. "You can't exclude the boys." "FINE TRE. I'LL SAY IT'S A DRAWING FOR A PRINCE OR PRINCESS OUTFIT. THEN I'LL PICK THE GIRL CLOSEST TO HER SIZE AS THE WINNER." "That will work." Tye sits back. "Actually I got some old formal prince stuff. It would fit some of them." Thora bangs her head on the table. "GO GET 1 TYE." Tye jumps up and runs out. "GO GET ME 1 PRINCESS DRESS AND GLOVES RIGHT NOW TO GIVE AWAY." I make a door to my house. "ALWAYS LAST MINUTE SHIT." I need to pick a pretty one. It don't take me long and I go back. "There you go." "Thank you." Mary crosses her legs. "I need your hair wet and in rollers at 2:15." "No problem. No one tell anyone in the medical area that I am there. I have 3 days of paperwork to do in 5 hours." I walk right into Tye coming in. He's carrying the prince stuff. "Hi Tye." I smile at him. He smirks and winks. "Hi princess." "STILL HERE." We look at Thora. Everyone is watching us. I nod and go for the door. "I got the prince stuff." I go to open the door, and it's stuck. "Damn door." "Thank you." I try to release the magic from the door, but it's really stuck. I can't pull it. "Omar, I can't get the door to release." "Yea, you came in close together. It's probably not good." He starts messing with it. I check out the outfit Tye brought in. It's so cute for a little prince. "There you go. Door works again." Everyone claps for Omar. He opens it for me. "Thank you." Dipak nods. "Good job Omar. No one had to jump out the window this time." Kane rubs his eyes. "Or punch a whole in the wall." I hear them laughing as I leave. Then I change my mind. I go threw a sitting room bookshelf and sneak into my office. I'll make damn sure no one knows I'm here. I don't even shut the door. They may notice that. And no one ever comes this far down the hallway. I'll be quiet. I work for a long time before I hear someone clear their throat. I sit back and smile. "Can I help you, Elek?" "Did you eat?" "No I'm fine. I'll eat some food with the kids. I really need to get more of this done." "You need to eat." He walks away. I don't think anything of it. I go back to my paperwork. 10 minutes later, he brings in lunch for me. "I didn't tell the servants it was for you. Eat something. Those kids are going to eat nothing but sugar." "Thank you." "You're welcome." Well, I am hungry. I move stuff around, then eat and do work at the same time. A couple of hours later, he's back in my doorway. "I ate it." "It's 2." I give him a funny look. "You're supposed to have your hair rolled" he shrugs his shoulders "at 2:15?" My hair rolled? "OH MY HAIR IN ROLLERS." I jump up and run out. I lose a shoe and fall right onto him. I take off my other shoe and toss it at him. Then I run for it. Elkie see's me. She's at the desk with Elijah. "Oh, I didn't know you were here." "I'M NOT." I run to my place and jump in the shower. I wash fast and get out. I comb my hair and put in the rollers. Then I throw on underwear and one of the princess dresses in the closet. I shove my arms in the gloves then go to the morning room carrying my shoes and jewelry. Mary is standing in the hallway. "Nice. Only 4 minutes late. We should have no problems." I sit on my stool. "Going to have to fix everything. You were really rushed." "Yea a bit." I get to Dipak's office with 3 minutes to spare. I even have a tiara on. Dipak kicks everyone out of his office except Omar, me, Tye, and Thora. Tye stands beside me done up in prince stuff. I smile and mess with his shirt. "Thora made me." "I love it. My prince." I lay my head on his shoulder. "My king." "My queen." "They have entered the bubble." Omar glances at us. "At least it's a nice looking bubble today." We all laugh.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD