76. The Kids

1173 Words
The kids come in with Marcus and 7 doctors. "Hi everyone. I'm Thora. This is Princess Nadine." "Wow, a real princess." "Prince Yanin." "And a prince." "King Dipak." They all straighten up, and it's hilarious to watch. "And Dr. Omar. We are going to lead you out of the castle and into the arena. We have games and sweet foods there you can buy. We're going to give you all the money you need. But I want you to remember that the money is not real. You have to spend it here, or it will be no good. Can you remember that?" They start jumping up and down. Dipak smiles. "You can even buy some candy to take home, but don't tell Marcus." They look at Marcus. "I'll be doing searches." He winks at them and they laugh. "And after that, we are going to have dinner in the ballroom. And 1 more thing. I need everyone to write their name down on a piece of paper. One girl will win a princess dress and one boy will win a prince outfit." They run for the papers. Marcus comes over to me and Tye. "I didn't know about that." "It was last minute. I tried to give them each one. She said the dressmaker would kill me." He smiles. "Thora yelled at us. She even made me wear this." Tye pulls on his shirt. "She took this very seriously. I was going to let the kids play games and eat some vendor food." Marcus winks at me. "Either way, it would have been amazing for them. They are going to fill up on the sweets anyway. Probably won't be able to eat anything in the ballroom." "Yea, but it's the experience that counts. Being in a castle and a ballroom. That is special for some kids." "Yea it is. They'll remember it forever." He looks away with tears in his eyes. I can't even help it. I wrap my arms around him and give him the biggest hug. "They deserve it." "Yea they do." I hear his voice crack. I give him a second, and he wipes his eyes off. I wipe another tear off his face. "Good as new." He touches my hand on his cheek. "Still here." Thora seems very confused. She's staring at us. Omar is standing beside her, equally confused. He points at Tye. "You left him in the bubble alone, I think." Tye's staring into space. I snuggle back in beside him. He pulls me in closer. "My princess." "All yours." I make the wristband on his shirt more even. "We sorted out the bubble situation." Omar's staring at Dipak, shaking his head. "Did everyone get their names written down?" They jump up and down, screaming, "YES." "Are you ready to go play some games and win prizes?" They get even louder. They are so cute. "Then let's go." The kids follow her. Everyone else follows them. Faity grabs my hand. "Walk with us." "Ok." We almost get out and she turns around. "Here are 2 more princes to your right. This is Prince Elijah and Prince Elek. Everyone wave." The kids wave and say hi. One little girl runs over and curtseys to them. They bow. "THEY BOWED. THEY BOWED AT ME." Then 12 other little girls have to do it. "Did everyone get a bow that wanted one?" Annabella touches my hand. "Did you want to try Annabella?" She steps closer to me and takes my hand. "You want me to come with you?" I let go of Faity. "Awww." "I'll be right back." "Ok." I take Annabella to the 2 boys. I can feel every doctor watching us. "Do you know how?" She shakes her head. She won't even look up. She's staring at the bottom of my dress. I lift my dress a little, so she can see my feet. "You put your feet like this. Then bend your knees. Keep hold of the dress. And tip your head. Ready?" She grabs her dress. We do it together and the boys bow. "That was perfect." She smiles so big. "I would have believed you were already a princess. And you got a bow out of 2 princes." I smile at the boys. "Thank you." "Any time." I turn around. "Annabella is coming for my job, I do believe." Tye nods. "She is good at it." "On to the games." We follow Thora out finally. The kids drag us all over the place. We keep getting moved around by different kids. "Watch this." "Look at me." "Look at this." "Look over here." "Come here and watch." "Look at this game." After an hour, I get some candy and sit down to rest my feet. I watch the kids running. Some of them won prizes. Others eat all the candy they can. But they seem happy. Dipak sits beside me. I lean towards him with my candy. "My feet needed a break. I've been all over this place in only an hour." "Imagine how Kane felt in Egypt." "That must be why he wouldn't let us on the balcony with him when we got back. Resting his feet." "And his brain. You 2 are teenagers and Egypt is a lot bigger than our arena." He winks and steals a few pieces of my candy. "What was going on with Marcus in my office?" "He gets emotional. He does everything for them alone. He gives so much, but no one gives back to him. I think it means so much to him when someone does something nice for them or tries to help them." I lay my head on Dipak's shoulder. "I don't think many do. I think it overwhelms him. He has needs too." "Have you ever kissed him?" "Marcus?" "Yes." "No. He's Marcus." "Can't argue with that. Have you kissed Elek?" "No. Why are you asking me so many questions about kissing?" "I was stuck in the medical area listening to you girls talk about kissing for a whole day. Made me wonder who has kissed you." "You know them all. You, Tre, and Tye and Johen a long time ago." "Kane?" "NO. Stop. I don't run around kissing everyone. You're being ridiculous." "I'll stop. But come and dance with me." "But my feet." "Leave your shoes here." We hold each other and dance. Then they play a waltz and he dances formally with me. "I love you Dipak." "I love you sweetheart." Tye walks up after the dance and smiles at me. "NO. You can dance at dinner. We're leaving now." Thora stops the band. I glance at my boys. "I'm going to put her in charge of everything now." They nod. "DID EVERYONE HAVE FUN?" They scream, "YES." "I'm glad you had fun. Now it's time for dinner. We're going to the ballroom. Everyone follow me again." Tye carries my shoes. "Were your feet hurting?" "Yes, the kids drug me in circles for an hour." "I couldn't imagine doing all that in heels."

Read on the App

Download by scanning the QR code to get countless free stories and daily updated books

Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD