27. Dress Code

1896 Words
I take my spot and Thora sits beside me. "Why is Frode with Dipak?" "He's getting a promotion." "To what? He's already 2nd in command." "Ambassador." "Oh nice. I thought that rank was for your boys." "They're already kings. Not sure what another title would do." Everyone sits after a minute. "My 10-minute meeting this morning has turned into an all-day thing." Everyone chuckles and takes blood from the servants. Johen's here today. Marcus is still here too. "We added more achievements and fixed the ranking system. Achievements are now as follows. This will also be posted in the advisor hallway." "Elder. 2,500 years old earns it. Warlord. That is 500 missions. Keeper. That is leading 100 table projects. Guardian. The count is 1000 for this one. Defender. If the castle falls under attack, defend it. Custom Rank Patch. - Complete 2 achievements. Destroyer of Worlds. Kill a hostile king. Shadow. 25 undercover missions." I take a drink. "We are also adding in a money achievement. If you make the castle money. Or come up with the idea that makes the castle money. You will earn a rank based on how much money it earns per year. It does reset every year, but the rank and pay raise for it do not. They are yours to keep. You earn the castle 5k, you get accountant title with 5g raise per week raise, 10k financial advisor 10g raise, 20k economist 15g raise, 30k analyst 20g raise, 50k tycoon 25g raise, 100k Money Mogul 50g per week raise... These will be posted." Omar looks at me. "This is per year? I do not understand anything." "Say you come up with a fundraiser tomorrow, and it makes the castle 100k. You would get the Money Mogul title and a 50g a week raise. The title and the raise are yours to keep. If, next year, you make the castle no money. You still keep the raise and title. They will not be taken from you. Now let's say that fundraiser tomorrow makes 5k. You get the accountant title and a 5g raise. Pretend next month you do it again and get another 5k. That would be 10k for the year. You get the financial advisor title and a 10g raise." "Thank you." "No problem. Everyone getting it?" Frode looks at me. "The raises. Is that the total correct? Say you get 100g pay per week. Then you make the castle 5k. You will get 105g per week. Say you make the castle another 5k. 10k total for the year. You will get 110g per week not 115 per week, correct?" "Yes, that's right. Should I have worded that differently?" "Yes, I'll get it fixed. I wanted to make sure, so I can write the paperwork correctly." "Everyone get it?" They nod at me. "Good and it will be posted in your hallway." I sit down and Thora smiles. "I thought you redid the ranks." I stand back up. "Yes, the ranking system is ready now too. And it is effective now. It will get posted as well. We also redid the pay chart. You will be paid based on your rank now. We did try to make sure that no one took a pay cut. However, if you make less with the new pay system, let me know. That's not the intention. We will get it sorted out. Here we go. 25 years with support rank. Paying 200g per week. 50 years on sentry 250g. 100 years officer 300g. 200 investigator 350g. 200 agent 400g. 200 intelligence 450g. Then you get to consul 500g. Ambassadors get 600g a week. Any questions or concerns there?" "So the raises go on top of this?" "Yes, this is base pay. You are guaranteed to get this at your rank. If you are support you will get 200g per week. If you make the castle 100k you will get 250g per week." "Can we have more achievements we can do for money?" Dipak smirks. "We'll think about it. We're trying to get this going for now." I sit back down and Dracul stands up. "The 2 that were detained from the cave are now out of the spell?" Omar shrugs his shoulders. "Well, they are living people again and are being held in c block. We are unable to identify them at this time. The man that was taken and believed to have been tortured is recovering. Dr. Cruor stated it may take him 4 to 6 weeks to recover. He is in extremely bad shape and regrowing of his organs and brain." Dracul sits down and Tre stands up. "The body that was found beside the house is very, very dead. Did you want to check it baby?" "Yes, I would like to confirm its deadness status, sir." Omar smiles. "You are confirming the dead dead?" "Correct. 1 dead is not enough anymore. I need two." Everyone laughs. "You go confirm the dead dead. I want to check Marcus for magic." "Yea, that's probably a good idea." I stand up and Ylle and Tanny come in. I sit back down. "Hello sweetie, Dipak contacted me about a ball." Dipak nods. "We got invited to a ball. It's going to be fairly big. One of the families is rumored to be presenting their daughter as the queen of queens. So our lovely queen has decided to collect dragons and for our tables. It's me, Tre, Frode, Omar, and anyone else needing a date?" Gunner raises his hand. "Gunner. 5 of us. We thought maybe you and some of your friends would like to watch this show play out." Tanny cracks up laughing. "HELL YES WE DO." "Yea, we're not going to miss that." "You need 5 of us? We can do that. This is going to be fun." "Dress code. I'm quite mean. Our dressmaker will make your dresses. They need to be black and red. He has different styles and everything. Pick what you like. He will make sure no 2 dresses are too much alike. He'll also make sure the colors match with everyone else. My momma will be the only one in full black, and I will be the only one in full red. You can pick the designs, style, everything. But he has to make them." "I'll go there now." Tanny starts nodding. Thora jumps up. "ME TOO." She runs for the door. Mary stands up. "Well, if I have to match and everything." She runs out behind Thora. "Can you make sure we know as soon as possible that you have 5 for sure. I don't want to make our dressmaker crazy at the last minute. He's redoing the boys' stuff too." "I'll stop by and let you know for sure tomorrow." Dipak hands her a piece of paper. "That's the date and the time." Thora runs in. "COME ON. I'M NOT WAITING OUT HERE FOREVER." "She's got a date with a prince. You had better hurry and, Thora, don't forget to show them to the shoemaker. The shoes need to be the right colors too." "Anything special with jewelry princess queen?" I sit back and smile. Daddy and Dipak yell, "NO!" I give them a dirty look. "Maybe we should come up with a theme and let people use their own? Say black bases with rubies or black diamonds? Stick with those 3?" Thora nods. "Black chains and metals, rubies, and black diamonds are what we can wear. But you can use your own for that. Dipak is cheap." "Perfect." Then she leaves with Ylle and Tanny. Dipak rubs his eyes. "f*****g black diamonds. That would have cost us a fortune." "Love." He stares at me and he's scared. Gunner and Kane laugh. "Yes, sweetheart." "I need new jewelry for it. I want rubies and black diamonds." Daddy sits up. "My princess. If you are wearing full red, how would black diamonds fit into that? It wouldn't be full red then." "I'll ask momma about it." "NO!... I mean no, my princess. Ask Thora what she thinks. Maybe the castle could make you matching ruby necklaces or something. But I can't see putting black on you when you are supposed to be wearing red. It doesn't make sense." "Can we have matching earrings too? And maybe bracelets?" Daddy says something to Dipak, but I don't catch it. Dipak winks. "You 2 can go pick out the set you like in rubies, and I'll go see how much it is. If it's not too much, the castle will get them for you so you can match each other." I run for the door. "THANK YOU." I run straight to the dressmaker and yank Thora out. I drag her to the jeweler. "I love you." "ME TOO." "What can I help you 2 with today?" "DIPAK SAID THE CASTLE WOULD BUY US MATCHING STUFF FOR THE BALL COMING UP." "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" "RUBIES." "I have the prettiest necklace you may like for a ball. It is expensive though. Let me find a drawing of it." He fiddles in his desk for a minute then hands us a paper. It's a chain of gems that go around the neck. Then there is one big gem in the middle that hangs down. Our mouths fall open, and we stare at it. "I could do those in rubies. I could even get earrings to match the shape of the bigger gem. It's a teardrop shape. Those are easy to come by." "The ruby chain. Could we get bracelets like that too?" "Yes I can do that." He writes some stuff on a paper. "It'll come to just over 7k. Will the castle cover this?" "I need to get Mary. She's at the table too." We run out and drag her in. "Me and the princess queen picked out matching stuff. Do you want to match us too?" She shakes her head. "No. You 2 probably went crazy." "Pick a necklace and bracelet at least. You sit at the table too." "How about something simple and elegant? I have a few options. We could do a black chain with a ruby in the center with a matching bracelet and a pretty ring." The jeweler hands her a couple papers. "I love that necklace." "Yes it is pretty. Then I could make a matching bracelet easily. It would not have a ruby on it. It would match the black part." "That would be perfect." "And then for a ring... How about this one?" He hands her another paper. She gets tears in her eyes. "The total comes to 8k." Then Tye comes in. "I'm here to make sure no one tries to move in with the jeweler." "They do love me." Tye shakes his head. "Did you get your order in?" We nod. "Then, let's leave. Go back to the dresses." "BUT IT'S ALL SO PRETTY." "AND SPARKLY." He picks us up. "Mary, don't make me come back for you." Mary laughs and follows us out. They go to the dressmaker and I find a servant. "I would like cake, water, 2 bottles of wine, dinner, another bottle of wine, and a bunch of fruit and cake delivered to my house please." "Of course, ma'am." I pack some of my bath oils. I am going to relax and be comfortable at my house tonight.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD