29. Fork

1097 Words
A week later, I'm getting ready for the stage opening. I've got on a pretty pink princess dress with a matching veil, gloves, and shoes. I feel so pretty. I even found a tiara with a pink stone. Mary gives us the go and me and Tye fly to the village where the stage is. We land by his parents outside the front door. "You are so pretty in pink sweetie." "Thank you." Tye wraps his arm around me and I snuggle into him. He kisses my head. Helen walks out the front door. "Oh my, they are adorable." Tye's mom smiles. "I know. And they get more adorable every time I see them." "Welcome. I guess I should have said that first. I was struck by how cute they are together. Please come in." They lead us to the dining room. There's another king and queen here. They have a daughter about my age. She's dressed as a princess too and has a veil on. The man at the head of the table stands up. "Thank you for coming to the play today. I'm sure you will enjoy it. I will do a short introduction for everyone. Then we can have some lunch. I am King Leon Aris. My mate Helen." Helen stands up. "Welcome to our home everyone." "This side of the table is King and Queen Darick and Clarice Yanin, with their son Prince Tye and his mate Princess Nadine." Clarice stands up. "Thank you for inviting us and welcoming us into your home." "Our pleasure. This side of the table is King and Queen Martas and Rosalyn Nayel, with their daughter Princess Lisha." "Thank you, we look forward to enjoying the play." Lisha is staring at Tye. I don't like her immediately. She shouldn't stare at someone who found their mate like that. Tye puts his arm around me and then kisses my head. I snuggle into him, and he holds my hand and kisses it. Rosalyn puts an eyebrow up. "Are they even old enough to have mates? They are young still." Clarice nods. "They did find each other early. They are not quite old enough to bond yet." "They are all about the same age then. Lisha will be coming of age next month." Tye's mom raises her eyebrows. "Happy early birthday princess." "Thank you ma'am." "Tye will be coming of age in about 8 months." I lay my head back on his shoulder. "They love each other very much already. But they seem to forget other people exist when they get close together." Helen smiles. "To be young and in love. But they are adorable, and it's amazing they found each other so early. How much older is he?" "I believe it's 13 years. They'll have a little wait before they can bond. But that's not to bad." Lisha looks up. "How did they find out early?" "A magician does a soulmate bonding test. Then everyone can see the results. Tye ran over 10 servants and 3 tables to get to her and take that test." "So he tested with all the girls until he found her then?" My muscles go tense. I do not like this girl. Tye kisses my head and rubs my shoulder. I know he heard it. He's more tense now too. His mom must notice. "No actually. I had him test with a couple of girls prior. That's how he knew the test existed. She was the first and only one he ever asked to test with." I already know his mom will lie. I wonder if she's lying about this. Tye whispers in my ear, "You're the only one I ever asked for. And I didn't even ask. I drug the magician across the ballroom." Then he kisses behind my ear. "I love you." I relax and snuggle closer. "I love you too." Lisha smirks. "Well, you are pretty. Like a little girl, in pink. To bad, he has to wait so long to bond with you." The girl's mom glances at her. "Well, I'm sure he has other things to do to keep himself busy." They giggle. My nails dig into Tye's leg. Mary's eyebrows are stuck in up position. Kane is rubbing his eyes. Tye picks up my hand and holds it. "You know I won't, baby." King Leon signals for the food. Tye and I go back into our bubble and ignore everyone while we snuggle and eat. I steal a piece of boar off his plate, and he smiles. Then he cuts my chicken and takes a bite of it. I hear the girl and her mom laugh again. "She can't even cut her own food." The mom is the one who said it. But she said it under her breath. I don't know who heard it. Lisha says back under her breath. "He's definitely got other things to do. She's nothing but a little girl. Poor man has to wait for her to grow up." I know Tye and his mom heard that one. She glares at the mother and he kisses my head. "Eat babydoll." I eat a few more bites of the chicken, and I'm done. It was good, it was just a lot. I ate about half. "Eat some more baby." "I'm full." "Yea, I guess that was a lot." He steals another bite of my chicken. The mom cracks up laughing. She goes to say something to her daughter and I hit her right on the head with my fork. She stares at me so shocked. "Oh my. My apologies. It flew right out of my hand. I'm not even sure how that happened." Tye's mom smirks. "It's ok child. It happens to everyone on occasion. Servant, can you please get Princess Nadine a new fork?" A servant brings another fork in and Mary takes it away from her and brings me the fork. "I'm glad it wasn't a sword this time." The mom whispers. "I hope you never behave like that. Throwing utensils at the table for attention. That's ridiculous." "Well, she is a little girl. It's terrible for him. He has to raise his mate." "He could do so much better." Lisha winks at Tye. My nails go into his arm. Mary and Kane get closer. Tye leans in and whispers. "I wouldn't even think about dating that horrible monster. If she was my mate, I would throw her off a damn cliff. I'm only yours. Do not even worry." King Lean stands up. "This way to the stage." He ushers us out.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD