51. Ranks

2703 Words
For 3 days, we play in the sand and water. We check the rooms, which are nearly perfect. We only had to add a couple of things. The ship for our planet is almost ready to go. The village is coming along nicely. Everything is coming together wonderfully here. There are even a few roller coasters. Then everyone shows up. And it's really everyone. Malax stands on a podium in the middle of the landing area. "ASSIGN YOURSELVES AN EMPTY ROOM. WE DON'T CARE WHERE." Daddy comes over. "How do we know which are empty?" "The green doors are unassigned. Tell the door to assign the room to you." "Tell the door. Ok." Azo follows my father. Once they all pick a room, we go over to the meeting building. Kehlani's people sit on 1 side. Nadine's on the other. Mine on the end. "Thank you for coming. We have changes." Malax nods. "Quite a few of them." My eyes go red. "Someone go get my enforcer." Nadine shakes her head. "We don't have that." "You have everyone. I need the enforcer, teacher, messenger, and intelligence analyst." "The what?" "Tanny might be the teacher." "I need the enforcer now. Go get him." "What's he look like?" "AN ENFORCER. BIGGER THAN ANY MAN. ALL MUSCLE. ENFORCER." Thora jumps up. "It's Drake." "Thank you. Summon him here." Dipak waves his hand. "I have no idea about the messenger, but what's an intelligence analyst?" I rub my eyes. "Spy. Probably been spying on you for years." "There are a few people that do that." "It's fine. I'll find them. Bring the enforcer for now." "He's on the way." "Thank you, High Queen Thora." "My pleasure." She smiles and sits down. I give the power back to Echo. "There are now 5 tiers of people my throne acknowledges. I'll probably forget some names. You should get the hint. Tier 1. Me and my boys." Malax takes over. "Tier 2. Titled officers. The protector, guardian, doctor, enforcer, messenger, teacher, and intelligence." "Tier 3. My sisters and their mates." "Tier 4. This is a long list. High Queen Thora. Frode. Dracul. Actually, it's all the kings. It is those people you hold at your highest rank. For us, it's Rye and Braxtin." "Tier 5. Is anyone working for me. This is my ranks for the official throne. Every person here can make their own table, but we will not acknowledge them as my throne workers. They are your people. Not mine. I will help you protect them, but I will not pay them or give them titles. For example, my daddy has Azo on his list of advisors. Azo is not on my throne. He holds no title from me. He works for my father. If my father wants to pay him, that's his choice." Malax nods. "Alden and Dipak, I need the official list of people at rank 4 from you. Then we can make sure we get them titled correctly. They need to have planets submitted to them." "Everyone at rank 4 and 2 will be assigned a king ship of their own. We are not a taxi service. Deal with your own planets. Let us know if you need something." "Rank 2 will be paid 50,000,000 a year in gold. However, you have options. You have a ship. You can mine gold if you would like. You are permitted 3 mines. The first 50 million you mine will have no fee. Anything after 50 million, you must pay us 10% of it. Tier 3 gets no gold. Mine, whatever you want. Tier 4, you will receive 25,000,000 per year. Similar options. Take the 25 million or mine your own gold. You are allowed 3 mines. The first 25 mil you mine per year is not charged a fee. Anything above 25 million, you will be charged 10%." Omar raises his hand. "What if I try to mine and can't get to 50 million?" Malax checks a paper. "We will cover the difference. We are guaranteeing you 50 million a year. So, if you mine 40 million by the end of the year, we will pay the 10 million remaining." He nods. "But if I got 60 million, then I would owe you 1 million?" "That is correct, sir." "We'll all be mining." They crack up laughing. Tim smirks. "I hope you do." "Also, at rank 4, it is 1 ship per mated pair. 3 mines per mated pair. Exceptions with multiple mates. If they want it." Thora raises her hand. "So, I don't get paid or a ship?" "You and Frode get a ship together. You rule planets together. You are allowed 3 mines together." "Well, if Coral gets a ship. I get one too." Dipak shakes his head. "Coral is on our village table as Nadine's advisor. She does not have planets submitted to her. She would not be on this throne. In the future it may change. Then she and Samson would rule planets together. Some of you are only on the village table. That's ok. It can change later. Frode, Dracul, and Miculai have planets submitted to them. They will get the ship. They are kings. Their mates are queens. That's all we have for tier 4 currently." Alden nods. "We have more. Victor, Tobias, Alkawn, Elroy, Collin, Clark, Kennian. Those are rank 4 from us." I smile. "Great. Now if you want someone else as rank 4, they deserve it, but don't have planets. I'll be in my office after this. Bring them in with you. If you have an issue with something we change, show up at my office. If you are ranked 4, show up at my office. I need to write some things down. It won't take long. Next, black ore. You are all required to mine it. If you find it, you mine it. If your reserve tanks get more than half full, I will show up and take some. It is entirely too valuable to not be in vaults. That is the fuel for us to be in hyperspace. We have to hoard it. Begin immediately with that." Malax nods. "Next, we have claimed planets that you are not a leader of. We're very confused by this. It seems like most of you are claiming mining planets. We will not be accepting that. Mining planets cannot be claimed as your own. If you have a planet claimed for a reason other than mining, show up at her office." Thora's hand shoots up. "Where is your office?" "It's in the registration building. Right beside the landing pad." "Does that mean we can only mine on the planets we rule?" "No. We don't care where you mine as long as you are not hurting the environment and the planet is void of people. If you want to mine a planet with people, they must be ok with it, and it must not hurt them. With the exception being black ore. You are expected to hide it from people and never explain what you are mining. I don't care if they agree or not. Any issues, summon me." "Can I come mine your planet?" "No. I will not agree with that. If a planet has submitted, mining must be approved by the king and the planet's leaders. Except black ore. If you find black ore on a submitted planet, you must inform the king." "That's all we have for today." I nod. "I will put a brain outside the door. The brain will give you a time to come back. Or you can wait in line. Give us 10 minutes. I need a drink." Thora runs out. I go over to my office. Thora is first in line. "Come on in. Bring me some water." "Yes, ma'am." We sit down. "I should be rank 4 too. I wanted that planet." "Thora, you and Frode rule together. You get the ship together. You get the 25mil together. It's still your money." "But I work for the throne too. Not just Frode." I nod. "You did wake my dragon up. You figured out who the enforcer was. I understand what you're saying. And you are smart. However, you are already ranked 4 as a mate. You're already a queen. I'm not giving you your own ship. You have a ship with your mate. I'm not ranking you any higher." "I understand." "But I will pay you your own wages. You are smart and you deserve it. You help out a lot and I know that. You are not allowed to speak of this decision with anyone other than your mate." "Of course." "You will be offered the same 25 million he is. You can accept it or mine your own. You can talk to Frode and come back with him when he does. I'll write down what your decision is then. Are you happy with this?" "Yes. Thank you." "You're welcome. You're a hard worker, and I'm happy to have you on the throne." She smiles and runs out. Dipak comes in and sits down. "How much did you give her?" "Same 25 million. She's not supposed to talk about it. She always helps." "She does. We have a planet for sex." I crack up laughing. "Take that one to Malax. I bet he'll love that story." He pokes his head in the door. "Love what?" "We have a planet claimed for sex." He laughs. "Yea, keep that claimed. We don't want to visit on accident." I laugh even harder and choke on air. "I also have some people that don't have planets that I want ranked at 4." "I want to limit that. If they don't have planets, they don't need a ship." "Well, I can make them take planets." "No. We don't want that forced on anyone either. How many are you asking for?" "4. Darik, Rick, Bud, Gunner. It's me, Johen, and Tye's dads. Then Gunner has been with us forever." "Do they want ships and paid?" "Gunner would probably use the ship. The others wouldn't. I think he's ready to have a planet, actually." "They're like your dad, babygirl. Are you giving him a ship?" "Hell no. He lost another car." Malax shakes his head. "I had them tracked." "My mom lost the password." "Your parents are on my last nerve, woman." "Welcome to my world. I will approve Gunner right now. He'll have everything the same as the other rank 4 people. I would like him to have a planet submitted within 5 years. If he doesn't, we can revisit this conversation. The other 3, I will approve at rank 4. However, they get no ships. They will get 25 million in gold. No option of mining because they don't have a ship. They will be titled kings. Will that work for you?" "That's perfect." Malax winks at me and leaves. "Great. I do not need a meeting with those 3. I do need a meeting with Gunner though." "What is the meeting for?" "Are they going to mine or take 25 million? They need to make their own decisions about that." "I'm surprised you're paying our people." "We thought about it. But I knew I had to pay my throne. They're on my throne. Even though they're under you. If I'm titling them, then I need to pay them. That and I wasn't happy with the way Kehlani was doing it. I wanted to make sure at least everyone got a base amount." "How was she doing it?" "If they don't mine, they get nothing. If they did mine, I think they were giving her 25%." "Ouch." "Yea, it was a lot. I feel better doing it this way." Malax comes back in. "Dipak, get out. She's got a line a mile long. You 2 are talking about mining." "Sorry, I'll come back later." Thora runs in, dragging Frode. She sits down all happy. I rub my face. "Frode, you are getting a ship. You are a king. Will you be taking the 25 million or mining?" "Mining." "Great. Thora will you be taking the 25 million or mining?" "Mining." "Perfect. Your ship is granted 6 mining teams. Anything over 50 million, or 25 million each, you will be paying a 10% fee. Do you agree?" "Yes." "Yes." "Sign here." Collin comes in next. "Good afternoon." "Lovely to see you. Shut the door." He gives me a weird look and tries to shut the door. Tim jumps into it. "No." "Shut the door." "I'm staying too." "What are you doing now?" Malax roams in. "Just shut the door. My dragon wants out." Malax shuts the door and sits down. "I lied. My dragon's fine. Collin is my intelligence operative." "For real?" "Yes. You're not only a spy outside the throne. You're a spy for inside the throne. You are tier 2, but I can't announce you as that. Of course your mate can know. But neither of you can say a word. I need to keep you as secret as I can. Eventually, everyone will know, but for now I need you to keep an eye on everything from where you are. Making sure people are listening to the new orders." "That's easy enough." "I promise, your job will not always be easy. But for now, just do what you're doing. You will receive the ship. You are a king. Will you be taking the 50 million or mining?" "Mining." "Great. The first 50 million is fee free for you. After that, there is a 10% fee. However, if anyone checks, the record will state 25 million fee free. You understand why." "Yes." Malax puts a pendant on his arm and it soaks in. "Full immunity everywhere. Do not show it to people. Only use it if you have to. You now outrank the high kings." Collin stares at it. Then he rubs it and it disappears. "That's shocking." "Yea. I figured it would be. I could sense your power though. You have a very strong dragon and are a very strong magician. I'm not completely sure of your abilities yet. But I don't think you are either. Did you do the power shift with Starlet?" "The what?" Tim leads him out. "I'll tell you. Let her keep going." Kane and Mary come in next. "Tell me what you're doing because I need food." Mary smiles. "50 million." Kane shakes his head. "We're mining." I rub my face. Mary gives him a dirty look. "100 million is a lot. It's plenty. We don't have to mine. They're only hoping people mine so they make money." I nod. "She's not wrong." He rolls his eyes. "They're guaranteeing 50 million each. If we get over that, we will keep 90%. It's extra money if we mine, and we can't fail with the first 100 million." "He's not wrong." "Fine. We can mine. But I'm not helping you." "Great. You 2 are granted 1 ship to share. If you need a 2nd at any time, let me know. But I'm assuming for the most part, you 2 will be together." Kane nods. "Your ship is granted 6 mining teams. That would be 3 for each of you. And you will hold the titles of king and queen. As well as, protector and guardian of the throne. Any questions?" "No." "Great. Send the next person in." Zion brings me lunch. "You are now my favorite person." "Figured you were getting hungry. It's an hour after lunch." "Lots of meetings today. I need 5 minutes to eat. Sit down so nobody comes in, and I can eat this in peace please." He checks his phone. "These ship phones are very nice." "Yea, they work everywhere. It's convenient." Malax knocks on the door open. "I am going to knock your head open, Malax." "Woman, you can't be shut up in a room alone with a male." "He's a human. My dragon will eat him alive." "Don't care. No." "Fine. Sit down and watch me eat." "Bring me and Tim food too." "Yes, sir." "We'll take a break." 3 hours later, everyone is done, and I run the hell away from my office.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD