Chapter 16

433 Words
Chapter 16 “Boriiing! I grew tired of it,” Kyveli announced and tossed the Crown aside. Guillermo lunged to catch it from afar. The MI5 agent was faster and thankfully saved the Jewels. “Thank you,” Guillermo hushed and the man just scowled in response. He watched the man leave and felt a weight lift from his shoulders. Oops. Weight. Lifted. Antigravity devices. Oh well, he guessed the future kings and queens of England wouldn’t have to worry about the Crown’s weight anymore. Kyveli’s face said it all. She kept pulling the same comment on her augmented reality, swiping it away in disgust and then calling it back to read it again. A single downvote in a trillion subjects. ‘Eww, old and wrinkly.’ Guillermo covered his smile. He had saved the Jewels situation, but he needed to get her mind off of it, quick. “What else would you like to see, your Brightness?” She twitched her nose. God, she was lovely. “I want to see a hurricane. I hear they are quite impressive from orbit.” Back on the ship ‘Touch Her and You’re Dead,’ they promptly shot up into space. Guillermo’s stomach lurched. He couldn’t get used to these things at all. He was certain that there was no physical sensation of movement, but watching the Earth suddenly whoosh from below was terrifying. He propped himself up on a railing. “No hurricanes for now, your Brightness,” Pollux announced. “Make one for me, then! Do I have to think of everything?” she screamed. “What? No.” Guillermo leaned down on the window. He knew there wasn’t an actual window there but it was a super-display that made it look like a window looking down. “Launching weather control,” Teddy reported simply. Underneath their feet, a gigantic swirl of clouds started forming on the coast of Africa. Guillermo looked fascinated as the hurricane formed. Hurricane Kyveli. Just like that. And she wasn’t even paying attention, she was trying some Earth wine from a huge selection of bottles. “Please, your Brightness, stop it. People will get hurt down there!” he pleaded. She took a sip, then tossed the glass aside. It smashed on the floor and a courtier rushed to clean it up. “But I want to see a hurricane,” she said like a child demanding cartoons. “Princess!” Guillermo bit down his rage. “Not all humans can weather these extreme conditions. I beg of you.” “Come on!” She laughed. “A little weather can’t hurt anyone.” Guillermo squeezed his fists. “I have an idea. Watching a hurricane from afar is not exciting enough. Let’s go down and witness it properly.” She swirled another sip of wine and eyed him. “What a great idea, Guillermo. Take us down, Teddy.” Guillermo stared down at the swirling vortex of white clouds. Serene from up top, it looked like a sink draining, and they plunged right in the middle of it.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD