17. Moving

1987 Words
A couple of days later, Dipak, Marcus, Kane, Tre, and Gunner are supervising the moving of the Blayze castle into ours. They ended up getting 6 advisor rooms. Nikolas is on our floor, but more down by Kane. Everyone else is down a level. King Blayze is having a meeting in his office about moving. Me, Tye, and Johen join them. We're quite bored. We sit on the visiting side of the table. "How's it going?" "Moving is difficult. Especially an entire castle. It's nearly impossible." Tye smirks. "They should have given you a wing." The king shakes his head. "We have more than enough space. But we have a lot of extra stuff that we don't need now. Like the advisor offices furniture." "Oh yea, we have that. But we'll probably have to redo it and move the kitchen now." "Put Thora and Coral on that. They love redoing shit." "We need to upgrade the kitchen anyway. It's been like 50 years. A lot changes in that time. We'll redo the whole office wing." Johen puts his arm around me. "Add another level to it. Put Dipak's office on the 4th floor and make the 2nd and 3rd floors for advisor offices. You could still redo the kitchen." "I think they would go for that. Dipak could design his own office too." "Sorry, that wasn't helpful for your office furniture." Tye nods. "Our castle will take the furniture and put it in storage anyway. If any of it is better than ours, they will switch it out to the better stuff." "You'll want to clear any vaults you have. Don't leave money sitting in an empty castle. Advisors get a vault anyway. You can move your money to it." Victor's confused. "The advisors get vaults?" "Yea, you'll each get a vault." "Why in the world would they need vaults?" "Money, jewelry. Whatever they want." "You pay them?" "Yes, they are paid. We work on a title and rank system. I don't have it with me. But every so many years, they go up in rank. It's a lot of years. Like 100 or something. But every rank goes up, 50 or 100g a week. I think top rank gets paid 500g a week." Tye nods. "Then there's the title system. We have titles you earn as patches. Destroyer is 1. I don't remember them. But they are on a more of an accomplishment scale." "I think destroyer is the title someone gets for killing a hostile king. You only have to do that once to get the title. Some of the other titles you have to do a bunch of s**t to earn them." Nikolas smirks. "I want that 1." Tye smiles. "I already got it." Johen nods. "Some of the titles you earn can come with permanent raises too, or bonuses. People seem to like those." "So, what's your highest paid advisor?" "Probably 500g or something a week. And that would be the old people. The ones who have been there forever." Johen looks at them. "It starts out at 200g a week. That's what you'll get. Put it in your vault or go spend it. We don't care. It's not ours. The titles list is in the hallway. If you see 1 you like or want to work for the raises, work on it as soon as you get there. Some take years, some take a random amount of luck. Thora killed a hostile king in Dipak's office. Everyone was out fighting a war and the girls were in there. The king went through the window, and she took his head off. So she got a lot of titles for that." Nikolas nods. "I bet. So, how do people earn the raises?" "If you earn the castle so much money a year. The raises go up in certain amounts. I think 100k is the max right now. And it's 100g a week. Earn the castle 100k, and you get a permanent 100g a week raise." "How does that pay out in the long run?" I shrug my shoulders. "Most of the ideas people come up with are permanent. Like the VIP boxes in the arena. One of them came up with those. It's like 1k every time 1 rents out. There are 6 of them. That's 6k every event. But yea, most ideas don't make 100k, but every single advisor wants that 100g raise a week. So how many advisors do we have trying to make us 100k a year?" "Do you pay yourselves as well?" "We get paid based like everyone else. How long we've been there and titles." Corbin smiles. "Tell us about the vacation building. How does that work?" "Tre and Tye own inns. Dipak is building his own at the coliseum. The castle servants and brains run the actual buildings. And I came up with the vacation building in the village. I wanted to offer the vacations to our villagers. The boys accepted it, of course, more money for them. But that is to make the villagers happier. The castle makes no money from any of it. Happier villagers bring more people in. Everyone at the table agreed. Now, the boys are making good money from their inns." "And word of our vacations has spread. We get people from far away that come in." "Why doesn't the castle try to make money from that, since they are running it with servants?" "It's mutually beneficial. Our villagers are happy. We draw in more people for everything. More people, more money for us." Johen smiles. "Even the bakery can't stay stocked. And the market area is insane now. And everyone who comes to the village stops there. Then we advertise events in it. If someone hears about the vacations, and stops in to check it out. They immediately see we have races coming up in 2 weeks or something. Then they have lunch and look around the market. It does bring in a lot of money." Victor cracks up laughing. "That's exactly what happened to us." Tye smiles. "And we can shut it down fast. Those are our inns. If the castle tries to take my money, I'll remove my door. I still have an inn that will be used. But with the vacation building, I get more visitors, so yea. Mutually beneficial. If we decide to remove our doors, they get no more vacation building." "You personally own 1 of those inns?" "Yea, I own the island inn. Tre owns the 1 in Egypt." The king laughs. "Do you give discounts? My mate wants to go to the beach." "They do for royalty or table members. But you have to access it at a certain time. I think it's the hour after dinner." Tye shakes his head. "It opens for 30 minutes after the dinner hour for advisors, mates, royalty... Go in then. They'll tell you the rates." An advisor looks at us. "Now this mountain you speak of. Marcus owns it and it for abused children. This is the same 1 who beat the hell out of his dad and threatened to take the baby?" "Yes, but we're not talking about that." "Why did he take you there?" "We're not going to talk about that either." "Why did Dipak take the throne for you?" "Dipak did not take the throne. I did. And then I appointed him commander. When we found out we were soulmates, he took the throne. I was very mad. I was so mad I was able to control about 25% of my dragon's power. Now that doesn't sound like much, but at 25% I'm still stronger than any dragon that I know. I took the throne. No one at that table would attempt to take it from me. It was handed over without a fight. Dipak was appointed commander shortly after. Then moved to the king's spot. No one will attempt to take the throne from Dipak." The king looks at me. "Is your dragon stronger than Dipaks?" "Yes. But I can not control her yet and, honestly, I don't know if I want to. She is so smart and strong. At this point, I don't know. When I want to control the power, she lets me. I give it back, or she takes it back if she needs it. It works out well for us." "Can we talk to her for a minute, babydoll? Just to show them?" I see red. "Vampire Kings, princes and advisors. What can I do for you?" The king stares at me. "That is amazing. I've never seen a dragon that friendly." "I am not that friendly sir." He smiles. "Can I feel the room?" "Of course." I climb on the table. I kneel down on the table in front of Victor, and put my hand on his head. I can feel what he feels. He's worried and scared. "Don't worry. You may be surrounded by strangers for a while, but they will become like family soon. And you will have your brothers and parents with you. Everything will be fine. I promise you. Be yourself and give it some time." He relaxes. I move over to Corbin and put my hand on his head. He doesn't feel anything. I check what he's thinking about, and it's a bunch of girls. I crack up laughing. "You do like the pretty girls." The whole table laughs, and I turn around and put my hand on an advisors head. He is so worried about getting thrown out on his ass. He has no money. Found his mate not long ago. "Relax. I'm sure everything will turn out fine. You will be at the castle for months. If you leave after that, I'm sure they will help you as you helped them for many years. No one is going to toss you out to be a beggar." The next advisor feels scared for the king and his family. He wants what's best for the boys. He worries about Corbin around me as well. "The king and his family are fine. The castle will remain theirs if they decide they hate us, they can come back. And don't worry about Corbin with Nadine. The most those 2 will do, is argue about who gets to take the pretty girls home." My boys crack up laughing. Tye says, "Yea, she does like girls too." Nikolas's eyebrows shoot up as I put my hand on his head. He likes the thought of Nadine with a girl. Nothing else seems to be in his head. I crack up laughing. Then I put my hand on Corbin's head. He's thinking about 2 girls too. I stop and rub my eyes. "Now they're thinking about 2 girls." Tye laughs. "Hell that's what we're all thinking about now, woman." I shake my head and put my hand out to the king. He shakes his head. I smile and put my hand on Nikolas. He's happy. Scared but happy. Worried. But he seems calm for the most part. Really calm. I look at his eyes, and he thinks about Nadine with another girl again. I put an eyebrow up. "What are you blocking?" "Nothing." "Thank you sir." "Of course." Tye gets me down, and I sit in my seat. -I release the power back to you.- "What did she say?" "You don't share her memory?" "No, I'm blocked when she's in control. It's been that way forever. She's killed a lot while we were growing up. Probably done some things that I don't want to see." The king nods. "Yes, a young dragon like that. Growing up a young girl. I'm sure there are stories." "And files and more files. I seem some once. It wasn't pretty. I was blocked from it. However, if she finds something important, she will share it with me or the boys. We work together well."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD