14. York Ball

2218 Words
We do nothing but watch the red laser people until it's time to get ready for the ball 2 days later. Dipak roams in while they're doing my hair. "Have you thought about what to say to Marcus?" "Dipak, I've been watching the red laser people like they are a movie for 2 days. When it gets boring we send someone in to stir up the plot." "Yea, we need to stop doing that. I thought about it and I think the only thing you can say is that the baby is his brother or sister. Whatever he does is his choice. We'll stand by him no matter what, but there's only so much we can do." "We can't worry about it. We'll deal with whatever happens. I hope he doesn't do something he'll regret." Dipak kisses my head. "You are growing up so fast sweetheart." "You mess up her hair, I will mess up yours." "Sorry Mary. I'm going." He runs out. About 15 minutes later, Marcus comes in. "You are beautiful my queen." I get ready to jump up and down and throw myself at him. "NO JUMPING." "Sorry Mary." "Do not get her excited, I will shave your head." "Of course." I try to jump. "HOLD STILL. MARCUS GET OUT." "No Mary, we're almost done." "Fine but you stay still." "Give me the final go." "Go on dress. Go on shoes. Go on jewelry. Go on makeup. Go on hair. Go on crown." "Queen is go." "Marcus take her and try to keep her calm." I take his arm. Then I drop it and give him a hug. "I love you." "I love you too, angel." He puts his arm around me and takes me to the sitting room. Everyone is there. I stand up on a table. "I'M QUEEN." "I'M WALKING IN FIRST." "I'M THE PRINCESS." Thora has a veil on even. I can't help but laugh. Omar makes a door and we go into a York sitting room. My entire mood shifts. I realize this is where they hurt him. My dragon even wants out. Dipak and Ylle run over. "My dragon is trying to take over." Marcus grabs me so tight. Ylle and Kane each put a hand on my head. Kane lets go. "Her dragon wants to kill everyone in this castle. We might have to get her out." "MAKE A DOOR BACK NOW." Ylle let's go. "It's ok. She'll be alright. Nadine's dragon isn't happy but agreed to let Nadine handle this." "Never mind Omar. We're good now." "I didn't see that coming. She is pissed." "YORK. You can line up out here." "Why am I not Sandu? Sandu is my name. I like it. Why the assholes have to take that away from me?" Dipak rubs his eyes. "Marcus is walking as king. It goes off his last name, not yours. Usually it's your dads." Ylle fixes my hair. "She's in worse shape than you are. I figured you would have the issues." "I dealt with them a long time ago. Nadine, not so much." I stretch. "I'd like to rip them apart and stomp on them. Maybe that's why I agreed to do this?" "Let's go line up and try to get in the door. I want to hear my title said out loud. As long as I hear that, the day will be a success." "Yea, I want to be the God of War for at least a few minutes." Marcus pulls me along with him to line up. "MOVE DIPAK." Thora pushes him so she can see me. "There's 5 castles here. It's not 2." Marcus shakes his head. "f*****g assholes." "Not much we can do about it now. We're already going in." She smiles. "At least we have amazing titles." 10 minutes later... Mary is messing with Thora's dress. Then she fixes Johen. Thora is nearly jumping up and down. "Thank you Mary." "Go. Stop. Turn. Go. Stop. Go. Can you make it threw the turn?" Ylle laughs. "I think me and the God of War will manage." "Great. Go." Then she messes with me and Marcus. I snuggle into him. I'm so happy beside him. He kisses my head. Mary makes sure his crown is straight. "Go. Stop. Turn. Go. Stop." "Vampire King and Queen Marcus Mordecai York and Hypatia Nadine Sandu." Everyone claps and cheers. "Go." Marcus guides me up to the head table. I smile and can't stop wiggling. There's 1 group I don't know. Marcus's parents group. Tye's parents. Then the group with the 3 sexy princes. "How did we not know they were coming? I thought they didn't like your parents?" "We'll keep an eye on it. They could be trying to stay friendly. Or because my last name is York." They do the prince and princess dances first. The group I don't know has 4 princesses and 1 young prince. Which is perfect again. "We forgot the painter." "No we got him. He's chasing Tye's sister around." "Thank you. Maybe he'll get me with the crown on my head." "I bet he will." After they get done Tye asks 1 of the princesses to dance. "We don't have to do this do we?" Marcus shakes his head. "That's nice. I don't like it." "Me either." A couple of the princesses dance with the Blayze boys. Then Nikolas comes over to us. He gets on the bottom step. "You had entirely to much fun with those titles." We crack up laughing. "I'm a pharaoh." "Yea, well I'm a saint." "Who is princess Thora?" Thora jumps up. "ME." She runs to him. "I don't know those formal dances. We'll have to pretend." She pulls him out of our seats. They do good. I think he tries to teach her an easy one. Then he throws her up and catches her at the end. He puts her down and I can tell she's happy. Elek goes and asks one of the princesses to dance. Nikolas wraps Thora's arm around his and takes her to Johen. She is smiling the whole way. Then he formally gives her back and she jumps up and down. "I did it. I did it." We laugh and clap. "You did very good princess. You may be a princess again sometime." "Thank you for the dance princess." "Thank you prince." She jumps up and hugs him. Then she sits down. "I danced with a prince." After that we eat. The food is not good. It's got some kind of spice or herb or something that none of us like. None of us eat much. Marcus winks. "I don't want to stay late. We can eat when we go home." I scoot my chair over by his and lay my head on his shoulder. "I love you angel." "I love you Marcus." "I'm the queen." He kisses my hand. "You're my queen." "You're my king." I put my legs over his. "Are you wiggling your way onto my lap woman?" I fix my legs and shake my head. He moves me to his lap. "I like it." I wiggle around a little. He leans in and whispers, "Careful, that dress has a lot of fabric. I bet I can get enough of it up to f**k you right here with no one knowing." I kiss his marking spot. "I think they would notice when I'm screaming your name sir." He smirks at me with dark eyes. "I'll cover little mouth. Nobody will hear anything." I scoot back to my seat and shake my head. "I'm taking you before the nights over. Those dark eyes you have can't lie to me." He kisses my marking spot and I stare at the floor. "So bashful tonight angel. We'll see how bashful you are when I have you bent over screaming for me." I cuddle into him. "Those eyes keep getting darker and darker. I love it." I smile. Then the servants come and get the plates. I snuggle into him and watch King and Queen York step onto the dance floor. They start the speech and I freeze. What do I do? What's he going to do? I must be frozen for awhile. I don't hear any of the speech. Suddenly, "We're having a baby." My body goes tense. Marcus runs out of our seats with red eyes. He's pissed. He takes out a table. "ARE YOU f*****g JOKING?" He is out for blood. I run down to the floor and speed in front of him. I stand there and fix his hair. All eyes are on us. He keeps looking from his parents to me with red eyes. "What are you doing?" "I'm going to kill them." "You're a brother now. Don't..." My eyes fill up with tears. The red fades out and then it comes back. "IF THEY..." "Then we take the baby and kill them. That baby is innocent. You have to protect your brother or sister. Please don't." He kisses my head and steps around me. "If you 2 ever hurt 1 hair on that babies head, I will kill you both." He grabs his dad by the throat and slams him to the ground with dragon strength. The dance floor breaks apart. His mom screams and runs to her tables. The group with the 4 princesses scream and run for the door. Tye runs to the dance floor and points at King Yorks advisors with his sword. "SIT THE f**k DOWN." Dipak and Tre join Tye. Kane and Elek go over in front of the Blayze tables. They are watching. No one bothers with Tye's parents tables. They seem entertained. Marcus is beating the hell out of his dad. Then he picks him up and throws him across the ballroom. I rub his arms. "Feel a little better now?" "Did you mean what you said? You would take the baby and raise it?" No one else can hear him. "Of course. I know I'm young. But we could figure it out. And I'm positive we could give the baby a better life than getting beat on. She's our family." He gives me the biggest hug and I know he's trying not to cry. I rub the back of his neck and try to calm him down. Momma, Mary, and Tye's mom come out. Then Queen Blayze does too. Mary looks at Marcus. "You alright?" Marcus nods but he's trying not cry. Momma flattens his hair. "You have us all Marcus. If you have to take the baby, you have everyone's support. That baby will be 1 of us from day 1." Then he starts crying. "Momma, you're making him worse." "Fine. Nadine told us that we're having a ball at our castle now because we're already fancy. You can calm down there." Tye's mom smiles. "Will you be serving something that is edible?" "Yea, I'll have them make something." "I'll find a servant and get them cooking." Mary walks away. "I better start something with the ballroom." Momma walks off the other way. The Blayze queen nods. "I was trying to understand what was happening." "You never know with this group. They always seem to know what they're doing though." Then Clarice gives Marcus a hug and smiles at me. "You need to get this 1 back and calm him down. He's shaking." "Yea, I'll take him back now. Are you all coming to the castle?" "That sounds lovely. My boys are arguing they're so hungry." "Let's get everyone fixed for now. Then we can have some fun." Dipak comes over. "What's going on now?" "You're having a ball." "Like hell I am." Marcus nods. "Dipak, it's you against 4 hungry queens. Her mom already went to put the order for the food in. I don't think you can win this war." "Guess I'm having a ball." Johen runs over and makes us a door to our ballroom. The round tables for 8 are set up on the ground level. There was no time to set up the little ones and stages and everything. So they went with the floor tables. The servants are putting the table cloths down with candles on top. Then the head table is decorated. The dance floor is lit up. It's pretty. I lead Marcus to a sitting room. I sit on his lap and he holds me. We sit there about 20 minutes hugging and loving on each other. "Did you know angel?" "Ylle showed me a vision 3 days ago. I couldn't tell you. But there was nothing I could do anyways. It was your decision. All I could tell you was that you're a big brother now. Whatever you did, we would have dealt with it together." "You did perfect. I was going to kill them. I didn't think about the baby. Then you said the word brother. Everything changed in my head. I have to protect that little baby. My little brother or sister. Make sure it grows up healthy. Be the person I always needed." I give him the biggest hug. "You're such a good brother already." "I feel like I would be a better 1 if I wasn't starving." "I don't know what spices they used but that wasn't good." We go to the ballroom.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD