35. Code Black

1660 Words
We go to Dipak's office and stare at everyone. Dipak rubs his eyes. Frode puts an eyebrow up. "Rough trip?" Marcus nods. Then about 12 doctors come in. Amy leads them. "So where is the guest room area? I will need to see it." "I'll show you." Frode gets a paper out. "Are they staying here? Why?" "Her mate decided to brutally and viciously attack her onboard the celestial dragon." Daddy jumps up with red eyes and goes for Dipak. "NOW YOU DIE." The counselors point at Tre. Dracul jumps over the conference table and grabs Tre. Picks him up by the throat and slams him into Dipak's desk. The desk splinters apart. "HOW DARE YOU PUT YOUR HANDS ON A WOMAN." Daddy goes over the conference table and I get grabbed from behind. Nikolas carries me in the hallway. Thora and Coral run out dragging Johen. Thora slams the door shut. "Nothing's happening." Then there's a big ass crash. I raise my eyebrows. Coral nods. "Let's get them out of here." "I don't want them to kill Tre." I try to go back. Thora blocks the door and shakes her head. "Everything's fine. Let's go talk about things." "No." I try to get around her and hear another crash. Nikolas picks me up. "Where are we going?" I point at the door. "In there." Thora shakes her head. "No. It's fine. Let's go tour the medical area. You can show Nikolas your office. He's never seen it." "That's where she kissed Elek. And I think Elroy." I let my head fall back on Nikolas. He won't let go. "I did not kiss Elroy." "You should. He's a boy. He probably wants to kiss a princess. It might help his confidence if you kiss him. I don't think he has any." "He was tortured for 60 years. Let's let the man recover. And honestly, Coral, they are your nephews. Why are you trying to make them fight over me?" Dorseti stands up. "Should I call the doctor?" Thora nods. "Yea, but not for us. You need to get staffed." "Well, everyone says Elek isn't your mate. Maybe it's Elroy." Thora cracks up laughing. "Wouldn't it be hilarious if she was mated to Elroy. She made out with his brother." I shake my head. "Why do you people think that is funny? It would probably hurt him. It's not funny." "Relax. It's only some kissing. Not like anything serious happened. Nobody would refuse a mate for kissing their brother. It probably wouldn't even bother him." "Really? So you're saying you would be ok with it if I kissed Samson before you 2 met? Or Frode before you 2 met?" Coral gets red eyes. "No, we're not talking about us." "Ask Nicolas. He has brothers. Would you care if Corbin kissed your mate before you knew each other?" "Yes, I would care. My brother can keep his hands off what's mine. I would beat the hell out of him." Thora smiles. "Maybe not kiss anyone with brothers from now on." I get carried in my office. "I said that too." Coral stares Nikolas. "Are you going to make her sit on your lap?" "It might be a little weird since her mate is standing right there." Coral puts her hands on her hips. "And she's not going to make out with you because you have brothers. So, don't even think about it." Nikolas puts me down in my conference table chair and then stands there rubbing his eyes. Johen cracks up laughing. "I guess we don't have to worry about you 3. I'm happy there are 3 of you now." Nikolas sits to my right. Staying close to me but still between me and the door. The other 3 sit randomly in seats. Cruor walks in with Elkie and Dorseti. "What's going on? Nothing is happening." Thora looks at them. "Tre beat the hell out of her this time. His dad and her dad just found out about it." Dorseti starts crying and sits with us. "It's alright. I'm fine. I'm sure everything will be ok. Other than I'm being held hostage in my office again." She shakes her head. "He was a good guy." "He still is. I made him mad." Coral shakes her head. "That's not the way that's supposed to work." Thora rubs her eyes. "Yea, that's wrong." The alarm sounds and Cruor and Elkie run out. Dorseti shakes her head. "I won't help him." "That's ok. We'll conference instead." "What are we conferencing?" I smile at Nikolas and Johen. "We usually conference about boys but that might be awkward." They chuckle. "Oh I know. Dragons." "Why?" "It turns out that anyone with a dragon will also carry a dragon for their mate." Thora jumps up. "WHAT?" "Yep." Elkie pops her head in the door. "He'll be fine." "Thank you Elkie." I relax finally. "How do I get it?" She tries to sit and misses the chair. She lands on her ass and hops back up. Then she sits better. Coral shakes her head. "I have no idea. I had 1 already. So did Samson." Dorset smiles. "I've never heard anything about how to transfer a dragon." Johen shakes his head. "Me either. People keep telling me I'll get one from her after I'm a vampire." Nikolas shakes his head. "The information is guarded unless someone has a mate that doesn't have a dragon. Then they're told." -Wrong. All mates will do this. It is known as the exchange of power. You will do it as well when you are old enough.- "How do I get it?" Thora is staring at me. "My dragon is saying Nikolas is wrong. Something about an exchange of power. Does that sound familiar?" "Yea, that's part of how you bond after you're old enough. You suck blood from each other from the marking spots. The power will flow between 2 dragons that way. They give each other a power boost." I smirk. "You get me drunk. That's how you find out." "I can do that. Coral and I will get the wine. You 2 go figure out something to tell the table about why were not coming back. We're giving Nikolas a tour or something." Dorseti jumps up. "I'll go get Elkie." "I'll sit here and wait for my wine delivery." The boys go out last. The second I don't see them, I run for the bookshelf. I need to see Tre. I don't care what anyone thinks. I sneak into the tunnel and climb the stairs to the 3rd floor. I sneak into the first room and it's empty. The royal rooms are up here, so Tre will be on this floor somewhere. I peek out in the hallway. Vitchen is walking towards the steps. As soon as she's clear, I run into the hallway. I run and search for Tre's room. He should be the only 1 on the whole level. I find him about halfway. His door is open. He's not awake. I sit on the bed beside him. He's definitely been made unconscious. His face had dried blood and a gash on it. His nose is badly broken. He's missing an arm. I pull the sheet down from his chest, and he has stab holes in him. It's horrible. I get a bowl of water and some towels. I bawl my eyes out while I clean him up. I wash his chest, then his face. I love him so much. I try to wash the blood out of his hair. Then I wash his face again. "I'm so sorry Tre. It's my fault. I'm not good. I try. I really do. I love you so much. I'm so sorry." "WHERE IS MY SON?" Asa is yelling from the floor below us. I rinse my hands off and Nikolas is standing in the doorway watching me with his arms crossed. He doesn't say anything. "WHAT ROOM?" I wipe my eyes and run for the bookshelf. I get it shut as she yells, "MY BABY." I get back to my office before anyone else. I sit down as Nikolas comes in the door. "Why did you even go up there?" "My dragon sensed yours moving. You didn't come out the door behind us. I thought you were running away. I saw the open bookshelf and the room you went in. I followed to see where you were going. I didn't even know what was up there. Why did you run?" "I didn't know what else to do." I shrug my shoulders. "Seems like I'll make people mad if I go see him." "Who?" "The people who did that to him. The people who think I'm supposed to hate him now. I don't hate him. I love him. It's my fault. I couldn't get the bleeding to stop. My stubborn dragon won't heal me when a mate hurts me. I would have been fine eventually. Now we have to deal with these damn head doctors everywhere. And I have a mate in the medical area. All because of me." I rub my eyes. "Everything is a mess." He pulls me up. "Come on." "What?" "Your mate is in the medical area, Queen Nadine." I take off running. He's right. Nothing else matters. Tre's hurt. I run through the bookshelf again. He chases me. "You know you can use actual doors and hallways." "I think normal queens do this." "No. I don't think they do." I run into Tre's room and there's a guard standing by him. I stare at him. That's not right. Nikolas runs into the back of me. Then he shoves me out of the way. He goes over top of the bed with Tre on it. The guard dumps a vial of something in the blood drip. I rip it out of Tre's mouth. "GUARD CODE BLACK." I yelled really loudly. Someone heard me cause the alarm goes off.

Read on the App

Download by scanning the QR code to get countless free stories and daily updated books

Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD