1477 Words
“Get in my car, Ivy. You’re coming home with me tonight. You can leave tomorrow if you wish, but I won’t have you running around by yourself.” “What about my car?” “We will pick it up tomorrow. To the car, unless you want me to call your father.” “Colin you can’t keep doing this. I don’t want to be controlled any longer,” I shouted. “I didn’t control you,” Zac said, coming up behind me. “Shut up, kid,” Colin replied. “Ivy, just please, go get in my car and let me get you out of here.” I hung my head; Colin wasn’t going to give up. I let out a long sigh and started making my way to the car. “Colin, you’re a f*****g dick.” I heard Zac yell as Colin walked behind me. Colin turned around. “Watch it, child, you don’t want to end up like Daryl,” he threatened. Hearing him say that sent me into a rage. “Colin, we are going. After tonight I will find another place to stay, then I want nothing to do with you. What you did to Daryl was not right and I will never forgive you for it. Zac go home, we’re done,” I shouted, running to Colin’s car. I didn’t look back, I didn’t want to see their faces, I just wanted to crawl into a hole. Colin came around to the driver’s side and got in. He started up the car, backed out of the parking spot, and drove. “I’m sorry about what I said back there, Ivy.” “I don’t want to hear it, Colin,” I snapped at him. “Ivy, stop it. I thought you had forgiven me for what I did to Daryl. He pissed me off. I shouldn’t have said what I did. Can we move on now?” “No,” I replied, still angry. “I should’ve never let you leave for those six months, you have changed so much, and I hate it,” he said, shaking his head. “If you don’t like me anymore then let me be,” I replied. “What the hell has gotten into you?” he shouted. “I was dating Zac and I was quite happy about it. Every time I feel happy or feel like a normal teenager it always gets ruined and I can’t handle it anymore.” “Well, I’m not about to give you advice on how to get back together with another man. It hurts me to hear that he is the one that you have been seeing.” “Okay,” I replied. Colin wasn’t the best person to talk to about this. He had feelings for me, of course, he wasn’t going to want to talk about my time with Zac. The rest of the ride was in silence. Colin didn’t want to talk to me after I told him, not that I could blame him. When we got to his place, we got out of the car and made our way in. It was a small apartment, but perfect for Colin. I was secretly praying that his girlfriend wasn’t home if they even lived together. “You can sleep in my room tonight,” Colin said. “I’m fine on the couch,” I replied, taking a seat. “Ivy, I know you have been going through a lot, but I have missed you. I haven’t gotten to sleep next to you since we went on vacation, minus the two hours in the hotel. In all honesty, this isn’t why I brought you here, but I … the way I see it, you are on your own now, you are an adult, and I would like to try and get back to where we were on vacation,” he said. Though I believed him, I wasn’t ready to; I wanted to figure out my stalker situation and work on my family and friends. I felt like I had lost them. “You were happy with me,” he added. “Yeah, but if I get with you, it isn’t going to help anything. I know Zac will be hurt, and Dean … will never forgive me. I’m still trying to make up for coming home without him.” Colin sat down next to me and put his head in his hands. “I will sleep on the couch, you go sleep in the bed,” he replied. “You may not believe me, Colin, but I am sorry.” “Just go get some sleep.” I felt guilty and wrapped my arms around him, and he hugged me back. “I would rather not impose; I will sleep on the couch. Please, don’t make me argue about it,” I said, pushing him to go to his room. I lay down on the couch. The night hadn’t gone the way I planned, but I didn’t have a plan to begin with. I grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch and wrapped myself up in it. I found the remote for the TV and turned it on. There wasn’t anything good to watch, so I settled on a random show and went to sleep. I was woken up by my phone ringing. I picked it up without looking at the screen and put it to my ear. “Hello,” I said, yawning. “Hey Ivy, it’s Dean. Will you come to the house; I need to talk to you?” He was speaking softly to me once again, and I was happy thinking he wasn’t mad at me any longer. “You’re not going to be mean to me, are you?” “No, just get over here,” he replied and hung up. I got off the couch and went into Colin’s room. He was snoring loudly, and I looked at the clock on his bedside table. It was already two in the afternoon. I went up to him and started shaking him. Colin was a hard one to wake up. I slapped his leg a few times and that finally worked. “Colin, wake up. Dean just called, he needs to speak to me,” I said, shaking him a little more. “Fine, let’s go then,” he said. We both got out of bed, and I grabbed the few things I brought with me. We headed out to his car, and he started driving me back to the beach to pick up mine. It was a quick drive there. Colin pulled in next to my car and I got out. He grabbed me and brought me back into his car. “Come back over tonight,” he pleaded. “I will let you know if I can make it.” “No, I want you to tell me now that you will be over. I know if you don’t then you will not show. I told Dean about what happened last night. He doesn’t just want to talk to you, he is going to try and get you to stay there. He told me that you should either be there or with your father.” “I will try, Colin.” He looked angry at me and let go of my arm harshly, letting out a growl of frustration. I went to get out of the car again and this time he let me. When I got to my car, a single rose with a note attached to it lay in the front seat. Hello Baby, See this is how I do things. I love you and it was great to see you last night. See you again soon. Yours, Always Just like old times. I started up my car and drove to Dean’s house, my home, when all this started. It felt like forever since then. I missed being there. Everything was so simple. My mother was alive, Dean was working, and Ozzy and I were tied to the hip. School was my main priority, and I missed the old days. I pulled into the driveway at Dean’s and parked my car. I walked up to the door and knocked, something I wasn’t used to doing. He answered the door and gave me a confused look. “Why did you knock?” “Because this isn’t my home anymore,” I replied. “Get inside,” he said while rolling his eyes and pulling me through the door. We walked into the living room, and I took a seat on the couch. I already knew what he wanted to talk to me about; with Colin telling him what happened last night, he wanted me to stay here, but I still felt like I couldn’t.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD