1302 Words
I heard a beeping sound. It was annoying. Every few seconds, there was another beep. I tried to open my eyes, but something was stopping me; they felt heavy, so I kept them closed. I felt pressure on my right hand. It felt warm and soft. Then I heard a voice that sounded like Ozzy, but it was so far away I could barely make out what he was saying to me; I had to focus hard to hear him. Ivy, please wake up, he said, sounding like he was crying. I didn’t understand, I wanted to hug him, but my body was stiff, and I couldn’t move. Please, I can’t lose you, I need you. Please wake up, he pleaded. I tried to talk; I wanted to tell him that I was okay. I felt weird, but I was happy that he was there, even though I didn’t understand what was wrong or why he was saying these things. Before I got the chance to think, everything went silent, and I could no longer hear or feel Ozzy. The next thing I knew, I felt something soft and wet on my forehead. I couldn’t see what it was, but it felt nice; I recognized it. I heard Colin’s voice this time, but it still sounded as if we were miles apart; I focused so I could hear. Colin must have kissed my forehead. I didn’t mean what I said, I will never give up trying to get you, I love you so much, he said. Just like my brother, he sounded as if he was crying. I don’t know if you can hear me, but I will always be here for you, Giggles. I wasn’t sure why everyone was upset. I was confused and thought that maybe I had missed something. If you can hear me, I really need you to wake up, he said, as I felt the warmth of his hand in mine. Before I could try to do anything to let Colin know I was awake, my mind went blank, and he was gone. I woke up to someone weeping next to me. I wasn’t sure who it was. Their sobbing was so loud and so strong, it was all I could hear. Whoever it was, was sad and really upset. It was hard to focus. I felt pressure on my chest, and for some reason, it hurt. I fought through the pain when I realized someone was hugging me and hugging me very tightly. It felt wonderful, warm, and familiar and made me feel safe and loved as I had never been loved before. Why this person was crying so hard, I wasn’t sure, but I was there for whoever it was, until I heard the deep voice of my stalker. I know you will never forgive me for this. I’m sorry, Baby. I never meant to hurt you, but you jumped in the way. I can’t even forgive myself. I will do anything, just please wake up. I couldn’t live with myself if … if … He started crying louder, and harsher; I kind of felt bad for him. s**t … I’m sorry I have to leave you again; Colin is coming back. I love you so much, Baby. I felt something soft touch my cheek once again, so close to my lips, then heard a door slam shut. Everything went black after he left. Hey, Little Red, I heard Dean’s voice. I miss you a lot. I know you might be in pain, but I need you to do something for me. Dean sounded like the others. I could tell that he had been crying. I just need you to squeeze my hand, Sweet Girl. Just once. I felt his hand slide into mine. I had never been good at telling Dean no, so I tried my best to squeeze his hand, but I was struggling to do so. Come on, you’re not going to leave me hanging, are you? I tried my best; I focused on moving my right hand. I wanted him to know that I was there for him as well, that I would help with whatever was making him and everyone else so upset. It took everything in me, and I think I managed to move my hand. It must have worked because Dean shouted out for someone named Doctor Grey. Dean sounded excited and that made me excited. I wanted to get up and celebrate with him, but I couldn’t. Moving my hand made me feel weaker, but I wasn’t sure why. I didn’t understand, but soon after, I couldn’t hear or feel Dean’s touch anymore and I was in the dark again. I heard the door open once more and footsteps slowly coming over to me. I felt the pressure in my hand and the soft kiss on my forehead. Something wet then dripped onto my face; it felt like a teardrop. Hey Giggles, it’s me, Colin, again. It has been way too long since I have seen your beautiful eyes, maybe you could open them for me, he said. I tried, but I still wasn’t ready to open them. I felt like I could, but it was hard. No one will believe Dean that you squeezed his hand a month ago, you haven’t done it since. I thought it was only a few seconds ago that I had squeezed Dean’s hand. Nothing made sense to me at all. Everyone was talking nonsense. I panicked and was thrown back into darkness. It has been three months since you went into a coma. The doctor said that you have to wake up on your own, but I need you to wake up for me, please. I can’t handle this, this is all my fault, please wake up. I listened to the voice talking; it was Dean again. I was confused when he told me I was in a coma; I don’t remember anything. I started to panic. I had been in a coma for three months; he said it himself. He was right, I needed to wake up. He was weeping over me, and I finally knew why. Come on Ivy, please, he begged me. I caved to Dean again and tried my best to open my eyes. I knew now why everyone was upset and crying, it was because of me, and I had to put an end to it. You wiggled. I heard Dean say, that was a good sign I thought. Wake up, wake up! he shouted, and I felt him heavily shaking me. He was screaming at me to wake up; I even thought he hit me at one point. He was squeezing my hand so hard it hurt, but I knew he didn’t mean to hurt me, he was simply happy that I moved. His breathing was heavy, and I felt another tear fall on my face. Please wake up. With my last little bit of strength, I managed to open my eyes. I was blinded by a bright light, but it soon went away when I saw Dean’s face hovering over me. His eyes were wide, and he had tear-stained cheeks. “I knew you would wake up for me. I just knew you would, you even squeezed my hand.” He looked happy, but I was confused again. I tried to ask him where I was and what had happened to me, but there was something uncomfortable in my mouth. My arm was tingling but I moved it up to my mouth anyway. I wanted to talk. A tube was in my way, and I panicked even more. I started shaking and I saw Dean hit a red button on my bed. Thank you for reading thus far. I love all the feedback.

Read on the App

Download by scanning the QR code to get countless free stories and daily updated books

Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD