Chapter Two

2154 Words
-Sasha's POV- It’s early morning and I stand in the doorway of Christian's bedroom. “Hey, how are you feeling?”  He looks up getting his backpack ready for school. “I’m fine. I feel completely normal today.”  I nod. “Good.”  I walk over to his mirror and fix some hair strands on my head. I have olive tanned skin with long curly brown hair and amber color eyes. Other than for the eyes, none of us siblings look alike.   Marco has light blond hair and light skin and I heard that May has black hair but is just as curly as mine. Christian is not really blood-related but he is like a brother to me since we grew up together. He has really deep blue eyes and blond hair but not like Marco. Christian's hair is a darker blond.  *Slap*  “Ouch! What the hell!” I cover my butt cheek feeling a stinging pain.  I look back and see Rylie holding her laugh but she can’t and lets it out. She is my best friend.  “That hurt, you asshole.” I narrow my eyes at her.  “You were lost in thought and I was waiting. We are going to be late for school.” She says.  She is a crazy person. She really is. She is outspoken and doesn’t think before she does or says something. She is also cheery and quirky. She has light brown hair in a wavy very short bob with a fringe. She has green eyes and she is tiny. I am five six but her head ends at my chin  and we are the same age.   She starts pulling me out with Christian following us. “This is our last year and it’s almost done with. I don’t want to taint my perfect attendance because of your daydreaming.”  I roll my eyes but then notice what she is wearing. She has a long-sleeve yellow shirt with these black overalls with small orange flowers printed on them and they are bell bottoms.   I cringe. “Are you going to school like that?” I ask.  She looks down at her clothes and then looks up at me narrowing her eyes. “Why? Do you want me to look as boring as you do with a leather black jacket, white t-shirt, and jeans?... like always.”  Gaia gasps. ‘THIS, b***h! We do NOT look boring.’ She says sounding offended.  “It’s a classic look and the leather jacket makes it look a little edgier.” I say.  “Yea, but you wear almost the same thing every day.” She rolls her eyes.  “Don’t be jealous. I look good.” I walk past her flipping my long hair and she laughs.  Christian sighs and mumbles behind us. “Girls.”  We make our way downstairs where we bump into Bret. You could say he is the Adonis of the pack, every girl wants him, well, every girl that doesn’t see him as an asshole. He is a douche. He is tall with blue eyes and blond long hair. His hair is wavy and goes to his jaw but he tends to put it behind his ear.   He stands with his cousin Lara.   He looks up at me as I descend down the stairs giving me his slimy look.   “Looking delicious as always, Sasha.” He says. “What I’d like to do with you right now.” His voice is low and gives me the creeps. Gaia growls in my head feeling disgusted.   I roll my eyes and give him my middle finger.   “You mean she looks beautiful and you would like to be decent to her like a gentleman should be, right?” Christian says with a low menacing voice now standing in front of him.  Obviously, Bret didn’t notice him behind us because if he did, he would never have said that to me. A lot of pack members are afraid of Christian because of his power and because he is going to be our Alpha.  Bret’s face pales and he immediately nods.   Christian is such an old soul. He is sweet and respects women, unlike this asshole.  “Sorry Alpha, he didn’t mean it.” Lara says lowering her head. Lara is nice but she’s always making excuses for him.  “Good, that’s my sister so be respectful.” Christian says pointing at him.  Bret, who is eighteen and much taller and muscular than a thirteen-year-old Christian, nods and looks down.  I smile satisfied but I know that Bret won’t change. He never does. And it sucks that he has taken an interest in me lately and to make matters worse, I have to see him in school every day too.  We step outside and feel the nice cool air hit us. We live in an area where we have milder winters by Alaskan standards of course. Our average temperature in winter is twenty-three degrees but we are in spring now so it’s warmer. Since our pack is up on a mountain area, it still snows a bit up here in spring but not in the town unless it’s really cold.  We head to Rylie's car. I have my own car but since we all head to the same place, we tend to carpool with each other. Because we live in a small town, our high school is joined with the middle school so Christian also goes to the same school. However, there are like two other packs that also go to this school so it is a little challenging. None of them like our pack.  Once we get in the car, we head out.  “Goddess Christian, I want a full-grown man like you right now. That was hot.” Rylie says. Did I forget to mention she is man crazy?  Christian laughs and she continues. “One that will be respectful and sweet like you but then choke me during rough sex.” She gives a moan. Me and Christian look at her shocked with wide eyes and she starts to laugh.   “I’m joking geez.” She says.  “You sure about that?” I ask.  She giggles and then mumbles. “Maybe.”   ‘She can be weird sometimes.’ Gaia says and I nod agreeing.   We arrive at school after a short awkward drive after what Rylie said. We get out of the car and take a deep breath before we go in. I hate it here. Thankfully, we only have a few more months to go and I’ll be done with this place.  We start walking up the stairs and head inside to find our lockers. Christian goes a different direction and me and Rylie stay together since our lockers are close by. As we walk, students from other packs give us dirty looks. Humans here are the only ones that are indifferent since they don’t know what we are.  Once I get to my locker, the scent of cedarwood hits my nose and Gaia gets excited. I sigh and look behind my locker door to find a nonchalant Mason, leaning on his locker next to mine with a big smile looking at me. He is your average human jock. Captain of the ice hockey team and son of the mayor. He has dark blond hair like Christian and light blue eyes with a smile that can kill any female. He is tall and muscular but nothing like a male werewolf. He is just like a normal human that works out and plays sports.   “Morning Sasha.” He says and I smile lightly.   “Morning.” I say, bringing back my attention to my locker.  ‘Oh please, please be nice.’ Gaia says to me. I tend to be a little closed off with people since I don’t really trust anyone other than my pack members... not including Bret of course.  “You look cute today.” He says and I want to melt feeling his eyes on me. “Well, you always look cute.” He gives me a side smile.  I hide my face in my locker feeling the heat on my cheeks.  “I guess that’s as much as I am going to get from you today, huh.” He says.   ‘Talk to him, woman!’ Gaia yells.  I ignore her and keep acting as if I am looking for something.  I am not normally a shy person but with him, I can’t help it. He flirts but it’s not like Bret. Mason is sweet, respectful, nice, and very playful.   “So, you heard of the town festival?” He asks.  I nod. “Yea.” I look back at him and he is still smiling looking at me with his deep blue eyes. I get butterflies. I don’t know why but I just can’t help it, he is always so nice to me.  “We should meet up there.” He says. “It will be fun.”  I look up at him and my eyes instinctively go to his mouth thanks to Gaia for thinking about it. I look back at his eyes immediately but I know he noticed because his smile brightens even more.  ‘Stop.’ I say to her.  ‘No.’ She says back.  “We will be there...” Rylie says putting her arms around my shoulders. She looks behind Mason to his friend Daren in the distance. “Only if Daren goes too.” She says wiggling her eyebrows.  He laughs. “I can make that happen.”  “Then it’s settled, it’s a double date.” Rylie says.  ‘Yes!!’ Gaia says excitedly.  “Oh shut up, it’s not.” I say to Rylie feeling annoyed at her.  Mason laughs. “It could be.” He gives me a wink and starts walking backward. “Think about it.” He turns around and walks over to Daren.   “That boy has liked you for years.” Rylie whispers in my ear.  I shake my head. “I doubt that. He had a girlfriend a few months ago.”  “Yea because you wouldn’t give him the time of day.” She says walking off to our class.  ‘Yea... you selfish ass.’ Gaia mumbles.  ‘Whatever. You are just my imaginary friend. You have no say in it.’ I say teasing her.  ‘Only because I’m not male.’ She mumbles. ‘And I am NOT imaginary you prick!’  I laugh.  I know, I have always known that she wants him as her mate. But I ignore it and pretend I don't know. He is human and it would be too complicated.  Females can’t imprint on others as males can. I don’t know why the goddess made it like that but I have a theory. Most females want an Alpha or beta for a mate. It is in our nature to want the strongest. So imagine having every female wanting to imprint on the same male like an Alpha. That would be problematic and would cause many fights. At least that’s how I see it.  I head to our first class. I have all my classes with Rylie, Mason, Daren, and unfortunately Bret and Lara as well.  I sit with Rylie like I always do in every class. Throughout the classes, Mason looks back at me from where he sits. I am actually used to it since he does that all the time. Sometimes he smiles and I smile back but I quickly look away not wanting to encourage it. But the problem with this is that Rachel, his ex-girlfriend, notices and she has had it out for me for a while now. She doesn’t do anything other than giving me dirty looks and sometimes mumbles something stupid when I walk past her. Gaia doesn’t like her one bit.  At lunch, we sit with Christian and one of his human friends Michael, who is also his age.   “Hey, Rylie.” Michael says with a flirty look. He has a thing for Rylie.  Rylie stands tall and puts an arm on her hip. “Have you grown at least two inches since last week?”  “What? No.” He says confused.  “Then stop looking at me like that you little twerp. You are too young for me.” She says sitting.  He sighs. “She is ruthless.”  I nod and mumble. “You have no idea.”  Rylie narrows her eyes at me and then smiles. “If you are trying to tease me, then I will do the same.” She gives a nod behind me and I turn around to find Mason at the table next to ours, sitting right next to me since the tables are really close to each other.  I can feel Gaia jump excitedly inside me.   ‘I want him.’ She says. 
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD