51. Quite Warm

1526 Words
We get the store and there are a couple of magicians in there. "We have been voted to sit here and relay information around. Because you all keep going in and out at different times." "We got the medicine. Here it is. King Yanin will accept the controlled as long as they don't have any trackers on them. And no one there seemed to be mind controlled. We also gave them a warning about it and told them to check peoples eyes." They write stuff down. "Food is over there. Tre and Johen are behind the building. They think they have it working. But they need some of the medicine to test it. They weren't sure how thick it was. No word yet from those who went after the mind-controlled one." "Thank you both." We grab some food. Then go find Tre and Johen. Tre takes the box. "You're tired baby." "I am. We got a room at the inn, so we can make doors easier. Take turns sleeping or whatever." "Why don't you go to sleep now? This is a lot for you in 1 day. Especially coming off that medicine." "Do you have any of it? I'm not going to be able to sleep without it." "It'll be alright baby. I'll rub your back the whole time if I have to." I shake my head. "I'll eventually fall over asleep at some point. I mean I can't stay awake forever, right?" "Baby, the plans for today are already in place. We can finish out the day. Go try to sleep." I shake my head. "Tye take her back please. She needs to sleep. Her body has gone through hell." He kisses my head. "As soon as we get this working, I will come and lay with you. We're almost done, but you need to go lay down." I shake my head. "We are under attack." Tye takes my arm. "There is nothing else we can do right now except wait. If anything big happens, we will wake you up. But right now, he's right. You should try to lay down. You're still healing." I glance at Thora for help. "Me and Tye will lay down with you and listen to you complain about not being able to sleep until Tre gets there. It's been a hell of a day. I could use some time to relax and not do anything." "Are you ok Thora? I know you're scared." She starts sobbing. "My baby." I hug her. "We will get her out as soon as we can. We need a little more information." "I know." Tre hands Tye the box of medicine. "This is enough for us to test with and enough to dose Mary. Take the rest back to the room for now." The 3 of us go back to the room. Tye sits the box down and the 3 of us sit on the bed. Then we all fall backwards. "Today has been exhausting." I almost fall asleep, and my eyes pop open. I sit straight up. I don't even know why. Tye is watching me and Thora is sleeping on the other side of him. "Lay back down. It's the medicine. Your body is trying to fall asleep without it. It's causing issues." I lay down on my stomach. He turns towards me and rubs my back. I almost get asleep again and the same thing happens. I start to whine. I'm about to cry. I am so tired. He pulls me down on him, and wraps me in his arms. He rubs my back. That does it. I fall asleep. Tre steals me after a bit. "I thought you might suffocate with the 2 of them on you." "Was getting quite warm." The boys chuckle. Tre rubs my back. "This one will be back. She always slept sideways when me and Dipak would have to sleep with her for whatever reason. She always seems to be healing from something. She liked to sleep between us then. She didn't want either of us to leave her. I think it made her feel safe. He broke that feeling for her." I fall back asleep. I wake up in the morning and wiggle around. I'm so warm. "Stop kicking me. Why are your feet even over here?" I have my head and upper body on Tre's chest and my legs over Tye. "Sorry I slept sideways I guess." "I want to try that." She jumps over Tye. He makes an ugh noise and looks at me for a second. Then she lays down like I am. "I could see how you would like this." "Let's go get some food." "What do you want to do with them?" "Let them sleep. I probably kept them up half the night." The magicians are sleeping in the chairs. Breakfast is on the desk though. We get some bread and fruit. One of the magicians opens her eyes. "Good morning. They were able to dose Mary and get her to the Yanin castle. No further word has been sent." "Thank you." Thora stands up after she's done eating. "I need blood." "Me too. Let's not man hunt here. I don't want anything pointing anyone here." I grab food for the boys. We find a woods. She catches us enough rabbits that we fill up with blood. Then she gets some for the boys and we go back. "Boys wake up and drink blood. You can go back to sleep but at least drink it now while it's fresh." They open their eyes. Tre laughs. "I fell asleep with the sexiest woman alive and woke up with this ugly man." Thora shakes her head. "You really should stop drinking Tre." I laugh so hard. The boys get up and drink the blood, then we all eat some more. "They got Mary to the Yanin castle. No word yet on how it's going with testing. I don't know what to do now. I don't want to make a plan without some knowledge." "Yea, we still need to wait baby. I'll get the room for another night. That way we can keep our stuff here. More private than over there with everyone in and out." Tye stretches. "I want to see this arena." Tre nods. "Might as well. That will keep us busy. I'll tell Omar where we're at." "As long as they can find us, I guess it's fine. Not like we can do anything else." "I love these, you are taking me." "Baby, it's a chariot. We have these at home now." "It's funner here." I drag Tre to where you rent them and point. "Fine." Thora grabs Tye. "ME TOO." Tre rents 2 of them. We get on the field and the boys start racing right away. Thora and I are screaming and yelling. The boys are laughing their asses off. They keep going faster and faster. It's so much fun. Then we have to give them back. "You are right baby. That was a lot of fun." "We still won." "You can't win when there isn't a finish line." We are all screaming and yelling at the track when Johen puts his arm around me. He whispers, "Omar wants just you at the inn." I stop what I'm doing and stare at him. "That's a very weird sentence, Johen." "Yea, I guess it doesn't sound right. Omar wants to show you something with doors or through a door. I don't really get it. But he said you should come alone. And he looked at my eyes when he said it. So nothing weird there." I motion to Tre. "Omar wants to talk to only me." He hits Tye with a green bean. "I'm going with Nadine. Watch Thora." Tye tries to drag Thora with us. "No, stay here. We're going to go talk to Omar for a second. Johen, teach them how races work. They are screaming at everything." "Well that's pretty much how they work." Tre gives him a dirty look. "I'll explain stuff." Tre and I go to Omar's room. "There are certain ways to do doors. I showed you the easiest. It's the door where you can't tell you're being teleported. That's how you tricked people into thinking they were going right into the dining room. There are other ways where you can see what's going on at the other door. I like using that one, so I can see what I'm walking into." He does some stuff to the door. "This is the king's office. They are all standing around. They are under mind control, but it doesn't appear that they are being controlled to do anything." We can see Dipak and Dracul. They are standing in the middle of the floor. Swaying back and forth. Their eyes are unfocused. They are not doing anything at all. "What is the purpose of this, Omar?" "I have no idea." But... He switches the door to Thora's apartment. Ana is laying on the ground crying between 2 servants that are standing and doing nothing. I take off for the door. "We have to get her."
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD