9. Mermaids

1076 Words
There's not very much grass. It's set up to be a wall and nothing else. We get to the other side and my eyes about pop out of my head. MERMAIDS. I smack him on the arm and he laughs. They are swimming around everywhere. One swims up to us, and I am frozen in place. She puts a necklace around my neck. Frode and Thora pop out a little to the right of us. Her eyes about pop out too. The mermaid then swims up to her and puts a necklace on her. She starts crying and hugging Frode. I lay my head on Tye's shoulder, and he tightens his arms around me. We sit down and watching them for a few minutes. Then another one swims up to us. She says, "Queen." Tye nods, and then she says, "Wait here." She swims off. I glance at Tye and he kisses me again. He smirks. Then moves me, so we're more hugging each other while we watch the mermaids swim. All of a sudden, Thora tackles me. I look at her weird, and she points to Frode. He's standing there staring at us all confused. Tye glances back and forth a couple of times, then Dipak and Tre run out of the grass behind Frode. They run right into him, and then they all tumble to the ground. I thank Thora with my eyes, then we help each other up. The boys run to me and spin me in a circle a couple of times. They both hug me. I must have been gone to long. Then the 6 of us sit there and watch the mermaids. Another one swims up. "This way." She leads us to a room that is made of seashells. The entire thing is seashells. It has 1 seashell pedestal in the middle of it. She ushers me to the pedestal. I stand on it, then about 10 more mermaids come in. They don't have knees, they have fin bottoms. But it appears that they are sitting on their knees in front of me. I watch them closely. The 5 I came in with are standing behind them watching this. Then a side door opens and the king and queen come in. They are both wearing their crowns. The king is carrying a trident. I start to cry right away. Dipak tries to come to me, but mermaid guards get in the way. A few more mermaids tell them to drop to their knees, and they all do it. The queen smiles. "We pledge our allegiance to you. We know you will do everything you can to always keep us safe." I smile through the tears. The king hands her a box. She opens it and pulls a crown out. It's made of all seashells. It's beautiful. She puts it on my head and I nearly fall I'm crying so hard. We hug each other. "It is time for you to go back." She says something to the mermaids on the floor that I don't understand at all. They all grab onto us and lead us through a door. Then they swim us. They go so fast. It is about 1 minute, and I am back at the pirate boat. "Thank you." "My pleasure, Your Majesty." Dipak comes up behind me. "Switch to dragon. Fly up there and throw down the ladder." He throws me out of the water. We all get up on the deck. "How did we beat you there? I tried to catch a fish for 30 minutes." Tre wrings out his shirt. "I bet that was bad." Tye shakes the water out of his hair. "Funny as hell though. She got so mad she was stomping her feet." "And then I had 2 panic attacks. Nearly got killed by a swinging boulder and the wine was empty." Thora busts out laughing. "You went along the extreme path. We took the kid one. It was super easy." "Then how did we beat you?" I think about it for a second. "YOU HAD s*x DIDN'T YOU? I SWEAR WE CAN'T TAKE YOU 2 ANYWHERE." "IN THE OCEAN SOMEWHERE IS ON THE LIST OF PLACES TO HAVE s*x. NOW WE CAN CHECK THAT ONE-OFF. NOT LIKE YOU'RE CHECKING ANY OFF YOU JUST NAP EVERYWHERE." "WELL MAYBE WE SHOULD MAKE A NAPPING LIST. I WOULD SURE AS HELL GET ALL THOSE." "YOU HAVEN'T EVEN KISSED THE PRINCE YET. HE IS 1 PERSON. I'VE KISSED LIKE 80." Frode jumps up. "STOP. I DON'T WANT TO KNOW THIS." Dipak steps in the middle of everyone. "Enough of that. Was it fun going through all that and seeing the mermaids?" Thora smiles. "Yes very." I shrug my shoulders. "Everything was fun but the last room. I didn't like at all." Tre looks at Tye. "What happened?" "We walked down into a circular stone room. We clicked 2 levers and the entrance was sealed with a boulder. Then the place filled with water and knocked out the lighting. She didn't do well in that. After we were out for 10 minutes, she started to relax again." Dipak wraps his arms around me and I cry. "It was so dark, and like a cave." "It's ok, sweetheart." "There were a few spots she needed to think about before she went into them. But she always wanted to keep going forward. I would have pulled her out of the cave, but there was no going back once it sealed itself." "If we do that tomorrow, we are going through the kid one." He smiles. "Yea that was extreme in spots." Dipak smirks. "Well now, I want to try it." I smile. "You and Tre can do the extreme one tomorrow. Let them reset it." They look at each other and nod. Then Dipak picks me up and snuggles me. "Let's go eat dinner and then clean up. We can come back here and do the fireworks once it gets dark." We all fly back to the beach, and head for the dining room. "Thora, I thought of a new one for our list." "Where?" "On top of a carriage while it's moving." "OH THAT'S A GOOD ONE!" "Baby you can't do that one. You fell off trying to get down one day." Frode shakes his head. "I'm not doing that." Dipak pretends he didn't hear me. After dinner, me and Tre get ready for the fireworks together.
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD