EARLY DISASTER

1371 Words
Since the mask and Nico has made a deal with each other, they pointed out the things that they will do and not do. Their deal is that Nico will allow the mask to envelope his body and help him find masks and devour them. But what made Nico agree is that he is technically at an advantage. He will be able to control his body that is coated with the mask’s body and his strength will increase as the mask will lend him his own powers to beat other masks. And the mask also told Nico that taking him off after he is worn, a significant influence will stay in the body of its host. It is simply like this, if the mask becomes stronger then the host also becomes strong, and if the host becomes stronger then the mask will be the one who will be strong too. It is a give and take situation, and it will just benefit the both of them. But the mask pointed out that Nico needs to work out and improve his stamina, strength, agility and everything that can be used in fights. Because the mask admits that he couldn’t be strong alone, he needs Nico’s help and Nico needs his. “If everything goes south in the future, will I be able to dispose of you?” asked Nico. The mask circled him “Of course you can. But remember what I said, once you took me off after you’ve used me, it leaves a significant influence or change on you. It can be either physically or mentally, it depends,” he then stopped in front of Nico “I must warn you. Even if you dispose me, don’t think that you can also dispose the threats that you have brought upon you since you accepted my offer.” He added. It turns out that a host with or without a mask attracts other masks. The mask said that his kind can sense if a fellow mask is an ally or an enemy. They can sense hostility especially when you pose as a great threat against them. He also explained that there’s a lot of hosts like Nico, who can willingly take a mask off and not be insane afterwards, and he told Nico that he is the first one to control a mask while controlling over a host’s body. It’s not impossible for the host to control a mask, but Nico is different. Other masks require a deal first before it can be controlled by its host. And this discussion only narrowed down to a single point, the mask is Nico’s weapon and the mask is asking Nico to use him well. “Always be prepared for battle, brat. Masks aren’t the only enemies we got.” Says the mask. And after he had said those words, they heard cars rushing towards the abandoned warehouse. But it’s strange, if there are cars nearby, then Nico would’ve seen the lights of those cars immediately, but no, no lights can be seen and he can only hear them, maybe from afar. “Hey brat, wear me and let’s run. We’re not ready to face them yet, hurry!” snapped the mask. It then turned into a regular mask like earlier and Nico then put him on. It quickly wrapped around Nico’s body and he turned into the black monster he was earlier. “You are the on who can control my body now, run and I’ll increase your speed, hurry we don’t have much time!” ordered the mask then Nico started to run. He clashes into the sliding gate of the warehouse and he took it down then began to run into the woods, trying to get away from the warehouse as far away as possible. Nico then asked on why are they running if those cars are there to save him. The mask called him an i***t for not knowing it. But he tried to understand since this will be the first time Nico will hear about them. It appears that those who are aboard those cars are what the mask called Hunters. They hunt masks for a living. Those are hunters are the sworn enemies of those who wear a mask, hosts and masks fear them as they have an unknown weapon that can kill a mask. He then explained that there’s a private organization which is the Mask Hunters’ Society, they are funded by the government and works as secret agents. The hunters are trained for months and sometimes a year and they specialize on catching, hunting and killing masks and their hosts. Nico asked on why they kill the hosts also, the answer is simple. No host can withstand another day without wearing his or her mask. Nico immediately panicked but the mask calmed him and says that he doesn’t need to worry since their bond will be a different one than those who are normal. Those hosts whose masks has been removed, they tend to go insane and rampages and eventually killing someone. “Like I said earlier, brat. We mask leaves significant influence behind our hosts’ body.” Says the mask with its growling voice. Then finally, after running through the woods for minutes, they reached the side of a road. Luckily there’s a pick-up truck coming, Nico and the mask hopped on its back silently and Nico removed the mask there. Upon removing it, he noticed that its sharp teeth can still be seen. “Rest assured again, brat. I can change my appearance at will.” And just like he said, he changed his appearance and turned into a normal black mask. They arrived at the city where Nico jumped off the truck and walked his way home. He arrived at his home and opened their door and was welcomed by flying casseroles and shoes. His grandfather is now throwing everything at Nico. “How dare you go home this late at night, you useless brat!” yelled his grandfather. But then his grandfather noticed something, Nico is all beat up and has bruises all over his face. “I’m sorry-”  Nico tried to apologize but he suddenly blacked out. He woke up the next morning after he smells something nice. Nico got out of his bed and there at his computer desk stood the mask who took form as a stuffed toy. “Up early, and you’re a little bit of a slob, aren’t you?” says the mask. Nico scratched his head and warned the mask not to just be there in plain-sight. “Alright, alright. Let’s go out and watch the news, I am hearing it and it’s interesting and might help us in the future.” Says the mask. Nico sighed and then asked the mask to change his form in a normal mask again. He picked it him and put it in his pocket. He then went outside to his grandmother bringing a tray of food to his room. Nico thanked her and took the tray and went to the living room to check out the interesting news that this mask of his is talking about. As he sat down, he quickly saw the headline of the news “Man found dead inside a parking lot. Multiple organs missing and there’s no suspect.” It continues its broadcasting when he felt something slithering inside his shirt. He looked at the hole and saw that the mask has taken the form of a small snake. “Interesting news, right?” asked the mask. Nico sighed and begged the mask to remain silent. But then, Nico felt a vibrating sensation inside of him. He looked down again, “It’s a mask and it’s near.” Nico quickly stood up and hurried to his room and locked his door shut. The mask then emerged from Nico’s clothes and landed on the computer desk. “Where is it!?” Nico asked. “Oh no,” says the mask then looked at Nico “It’s too late.” “What’s too late?” Nico asked again. “The mask and the host are now in front of your house.” The mask answered.    
Free reading for new users
Scan code to download app
Facebookexpand_more
  • author-avatar
    Writer
  • chap_listContents
  • likeADD